Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Darn...need a new bottle...help?!

Exclamation Darn...need a new bottle...help?!

Ok so Gizmo (the gerbil) is great at the chewing...she has decided that she wanted to chew a massive hole in her water bottle, so now i am wondering if anywhere in Thurso does the water bottles for gerbils/hamsters. Even better one of those Metal ones so she cant chew through it again.

This Gizmo is seeming to be a wee trouble maker! She is lucky she is so cute!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Pets at Home sell glass water bottles, I know that's not Thurso, don't know where you would get a metal one.

have a look in jim bews, they have a few odds and sods but can't remember exactly what.

Throw all your cardboard tubes for kitchen roll and toilet roll in to them. They love them and it keeps them amused for a wee while.

Try CLB I am sure I have seen them in there.

I had a look at our water bottle, we have it up fairly high so the only part they can reach is the drinking spout. Maybe give that a try?

Went to CLB and got one but its too big!

Its not a bar cage i have its a plastic one, the one i was recommended! Said there was less chance of escape...

gave them a toilet roll tube 5 mins ago and its gone, they are eatin em faster than i can give them!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Yeah they get through them really fast! We have the large gerbilarium. Its a glass bottom and cage top. Thats the best thing for them. We fill it with wood shavings and they spend most of the time burrowing and making the most impressive tunnels in it. Is that what you were planning getting next? If so I'm almost sure we still have the small gerbilarium in the loft.

Default 99p Shop

The 99p shop in Wick sells them so it's probably safe to assume they do in Thurso too! They have quite a few hamster/gerbil bits and bobs for sale.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

hehehehehe thin k my hamster must be a gerbil she is always trying to distroy her water bottle she chews on th spout and ends up soaking wet doe that stop does it hell she just carries on lol x

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Yeah they get through them really fast! We have the large gerbilarium. Its a glass bottom and cage top. Thats the best thing for them. We fill it with wood shavings and they spend most of the time burrowing and making the most impressive tunnels in it. Is that what you were planning getting next? If so I'm almost sure we still have the small gerbilarium in the loft.
    Yeah i was planning on getting something different for them. I asked the lady in the shop (think she was new) but she said the plastic cage is definetely the best. Thing is they cant dig that deep and they chew til their wee heart is content.

When i get the next cage i think this one will more suit a wee hamster.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Also forgot to add i got a water bottle in Jimbews! It is only another plastic one but i am through in wick tomorrow so will go back to pets at home, better hope i dont come home with any more pets!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Hubby suggests you drill a hole in the plastic the size of the spout just big enough so they cant get their teeth on the hole and a couple of wee holes further up to attach the wire to hold the bottle. That way the bottle is outside and the spout is inside.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Went to CLB and got one but its too big!

Its not a bar cage i have its a plastic one, the one i was recommended! Said there was less chance of escape...

gave them a toilet roll tube 5 mins ago and its gone, they are eatin em faster than i can give them!
    i always buy mine from bews, the rate my kids drop them at, i am a regular customer lol.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    i always buy mine from bews, the rate my kids drop them at, i am a regular customer lol.
    it is me who drops ours lol always have a spare in x