Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raigmore Childrens Ward

Default Raigmore Childrens Ward

i want to say a huge thank you to the childrens ward in raigmore, my daughter was in yesterday to get grommets in,it is a minor op, but i was still worried as she is my wee girl,and had to get a general anasthetic, the staff were amazing, made us feel at ease, they were soo good with her, she was soo brave aswell, im soo proud of her

so thank you staff..... we left them chocs but my daughter wants to make them a card to send down
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Pleased all went well Ash.

Yes, the children`s ward is superb. My only recent dealings with them was when my autistic great nephew was in to get a "foreign body" removed from his ear. Staff were superb and realised we were part of the support network and being on the ward with him was no problem.

Previous experience of children`s ward was when it was in the RNI in the 1970`s when I worked there and it was run like a military operation!

Changed days indeed, and all for the better.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Mini changi is due to go in at the back end of next month for gromits in and tonsills out, he is looking forward to it but I am dreading it.

We go next week for him to see the ward and meet the nurses, he thinks its a big adventure.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

my daughter was like that all excited but me god what a mess i was, i was calm until i took her up to theatre, i know they do it everyday but its still a hard thing to see your child go thru, is it Mr Cain who is doing the grommets, he is lovely, all the staff are, he/she will be well looked after

Not Mr Cain, its a Prof Laing as what is doing it.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

dont know him, but all the staff are lovely, and will make you all feel at ease

Default exelent

my little boy was taken in 3 years ago and they were exelent i did not have 1 complaint about any of the staff their.

Wish I could agree, my 4 year old daughter was in for over a week last December and even though the majority of the staff were excellent, the attitudes of the other ones were awful. I have made a complaint as has another mother that was in with her daughter at the same time.

Default Childrens ward

My son was in for a week last may after a accident, thay were all realy good with him, and even with us, we stayed in the hospital in a seperate part, and they phoned when he needed us and let us stay by his bedside etc.

They do a great job, they made a very difficult time easier.

Mini Changi is going in on thursday for 2 whole nights and really looking forward to it, we obviously sold it to him really well lol.

The staff were great when he went in for his pre op meeting, he can't wait to drive the bike up to the lifts and have his ice cream when he wakes up. Me on the other hand is dreading it

I have to agree with KS my experience was awful!
    I had 2 of my children admitted at the same time, we got there in the early hours of the morning after being transferred from Caithness & the staff were awful from the minute we got there.One nurse in particular kept shouting at my daughter which upset her enormously! wouldnt like to see what sort of treatment they gave to kids who werent seriously ill

I have to say i am shocked at the two negative posts about the childrens ward, as when we were in they were truely lovely and amazing,before my daughter went for her op, the nursery nurse who was there said she would make her play dough, so wen my daughter came back from theatre she had made the two colours of dough she had asked for, and as soon as she was up to it, she was up playing with it, something soo simple but lovely

same here my son was sent down from the lawson a$e and it was about midnight or later that we got there and they were all amazing with him we also got a room just outside the ward and a phone put in and they called as soon as he woke i was with him untill gone 3am and back with him about 6am and there was nothing said he went up for his op and there was no complaints there either they were fantastic with him

Default great

They are fantastic in Inverness,my son was admitted twice and the were really great with him,as they were with us,nurses in wick should take notice they really could do with some bedside manner.

I couldnt fault the staff at caithness general when my children were in hospital. Didnt have the best of times in the maternity ward though

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE View Post
    I couldnt fault the staff at caithness general when my children were in hospital. Didnt have the best of times in the maternity ward though

me either with the maternity ward in wick! but inverness were amazing, they could learn something from them

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    me either with the maternity ward in wick! but inverness were amazing, they could learn something from them
    totally disagree here, wouldnt want to have my baby in the maternity bit in raigmore, not exactly high on patient care, was there with my eldest and my youngest and to say the treatment was equally as bad both times, now with my 3 year old i was in aberdeen to have him and the care was brilliant, but i cant fault wick though had my other 3 there thankfully, the eldest and the youngest hung on long enough to be born in wick in the end.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    totally disagree here, wouldnt want to have my baby in the maternity bit in raigmore, not exactly high on patient care, was there with my eldest and my youngest and to say the treatment was equally as bad both times, now with my 3 year old i was in aberdeen to have him and the care was brilliant, but i cant fault wick though had my other 3 there thankfully, the eldest and the youngest hung on long enough to be born in wick in the end.

you may disagree but you have no idea how badly I was treated in wick and how excellent the care I received in raigmore was

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    you may disagree but you have no idea how badly I was treated in wick and how excellent the care I received in raigmore was
    well i was the opposite way round, think you will find its called freedom of speech.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    well i was the opposite way round, think you will find its called freedom of speech.

yes i know its called freedom of speech, so when brie mentioned it i agreed with her

not everyone has the same experiences

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast