Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Shooting in Nottingham

Default Shooting in Nottingham

I notice, to my great surprise, that nobody has even bothered to mention that a Policewoman, quietly going about her duty in Nottingham, was shot and seriously wounded by a Thug in a totally unprovoked act of extreme violence.

I offer my sympathy to both her and her family and my concern for her colleagues and their families who now have to fact the fact that there is a gunman in their midst who will shoot without a moments hesitation.

The sooner this person is caught and brought to justice the safer everybody will be because I have little doubt he will not hesitate to do the same again.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

wickerinca Guest

Sometimes I think that we need to bring back the birch and hanging!! Would cut the cost of keeping the prison population in the comfort to which they have become accustomed

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    I notice, to my great surprise, that nobody has even bothered to mention that a Policewoman, quietly going about her duty in Nottingham, was shot and seriously wounded by a Thug in a totally unprovoked act of extreme violence.

I offer my sympathy to both her and her family and my concern for her colleagues and their families who now have to fact the fact that there is a gunman in their midst who will shoot without a moments hesitation.

The sooner this person is caught and brought to justice the safer everybody will be because I have little doubt he will not hesitate to do the same again.
    I haven't mentioned it because it's too close for comfort.My son is a policeman in nottingham and my daughter is a student nurse at the hospital the shot police woman is in. It is constant news here at the moment but I do hope that someone can identify the gun man.Without the goodwill of the public the person may never be found.There was a debate some time ago on the forum about the police being armed,at least if they had been armed this time the policewomans partner may have been able to shoot the culprit although it probably wouldn't have saved her.

Quote Originally Posted by abalone
    I haven't mentioned it because it's too close for comfort.My son is a policeman in nottingham and my daughter is a student nurse at the hospital the shot police woman is in. It is constant news here at the moment but I do hope that someone can identify the gun man.Without the goodwill of the public the person may never be found.There was a debate some time ago on the forum about the police being armed,at least if they had been armed this time the policewomans partner may have been able to shoot the culprit although it probably wouldn't have saved her.
    I couldn't agree more. the old cry of "Where the Police are armed the criminals are armed." was trotted out again today.
    They fail to mention that the only unarmed Police in the world are here and in New Zealand.
    The criminals here often are armed and do not hesitate to shoot.
    Armed Response Units are fine but not under those circumstances, they are only of use where the use of firearms is anticipated.

I hope the Policewoman is recovering well and that there is no similar occurrence.

Aye, I too have a family member in the Nottingham police force, my brother!

I've said a million times but i'll say it again, I think all police officers should be trained to carry arms. How anyone can expect a tazer to compare to firearms is laughable if it wasn't so ridiculously dangerous.
    These are people that have made it their role in life to protect us - that are perhaps not brave enough - against this type of sicko, the least they should be able to expect is the knowledge that they can adequately defend themselves.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

It looks like Britain is beginning to swing away from allegedly being a knife culture to becoming a gun culture. Lets hope they catch this person before any more damage is done.
    You get what you give

The gun culture has been around for over twenty years to my knowledge. Nobody wished to admit it, the preferred to pretend it wasn't happening.
    Much fuss was made about banning hand-guns in order to stop gun-crime.
    Politicians preened themselves on a job well done.

The fact that criminals tend not to bother about small things like Firearms Certificates didn't cross anybodies minds. It sounded good, it looked good and it shuts the public up!

Gun crime, no matter how the figures are manipulated has increased dramatically.
    As one person in Nottingham said yesterday, if a gun isn't fired then it's not a gun crime. The fact is that guns don't need to be used because people are aware of the fact that such people will murder without hesitation that they just hand over what's demanded without a murmur.
    That, conveniently, ceases to make it a "gun-crime" and gun crime figures decrease.
    It's still there but it's covered up. The public locally know what's going on but, outside of them, the problem has been solved.
    You then start to make a loud noises about knife-crime to distract the publics attention.

That way, people can quote Government Statistics to prove that anybody who says differently is just a liar and a scaremonger who should shut up.
    Everybody knows that Government Statistics are always accurate and truthful, aren't they? Gun-crime has gone away.

<snip>
    As one person in Nottingham said yesterday, if a gun isn't fired then it's not a gun crime. <snip>
    Wow I didn't know that!

That's crazy
    You get what you give

Possesion of a firearm should bring a mandatory ten year sentence. Knives five years. Anyone discharging a gun in the execution of a crime should be locked up for life. People who shoot Policemen should be locked up for thirty five years minimum with no parole. If they murder Policemen/women the sentence should be doubled with no chance of parole. All offenders given these long sentences should be offered a suicide pill on an annual basis.
    Perhaps on their victims birthday.

wickerinca Guest

I didn't realise either that if the firearm isn't fired then it isn't counted as a gun offence. Talk about cooking the books!!
    It would be interesting to see the difference in the number of 'crimes with a firearm discharged' and 'crimes with a firearm present'.

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    I didn't realise either that if the firearm isn't fired then it isn't counted as a gun offence. Talk about cooking the books!!
    It would be interesting to see the difference in the number of 'crimes with a firearm discharged' and 'crimes with a firearm present'.
    I assume they way they get round what appears inexplicable is using the excuse, "Well if it wasn't fired they could have been mistaken, it might not have been a gun! They were probably exaggerating to make it sound better!"
    All such figures are "adjusted" to suit what is required, the Home Office and all Government Departments are expert at it.
    "Yes, Minister" may have been funny but it was also very accurate. All that happened is that the script writers gave it an amusing slant.

If a house gets burgled and they steal the car to get away. then, if you are just starting in office, then you ensure that it is recorded as two crimes, a burglary and taking the car.
    After a while in office instructions go round and next time the car becomes part of the Burglary and the whole thing is recorded as one crime.
    "Oh look, I've just reduced crime by 50%, didn't I do well!" And people will happily accept the figures because they are not told of the change.

After doing that then you change the system and claim that any apparent rise cannot be compared with previous ones because they were arrived at under a different method so they don't reflect the true position.
    But you must bear in mind that over the last three years there had been a 50% decrease and this is just a blip!

Sound vaguely familiar? All Government Stats work the same sort of way, it’s just not as obvious as my example, but happens none the less!

wickerinca Guest

I must admit that I am a bit of a 'conspiracy' fan.........by that I mean that there is much more that goes on behind closed doors that we can imagine! I don't think that Landmarker's thoughts on suitable sentences are far off the mark. Criminals are laughing in the face of justice and it is us, the innocent public, that is paying for it.
    What can we do?

A man has been arrested on board at airliner at Heathrow. A black Trinidadian, Police had earlier released his name and a description. Seems he has two gold studs in his lugs and three or four gold teeth ! Surprised he got thru' the metal detectors!

Another, more long standing case of Police murder has been resolved in London, with the guilty man , a black gangster figure sentenced to a minimum of thirty-five years - He's also murdered another man. The Copper was interviewing a couple nearby when this thug came out of a house and shot him in the chest. The killer then whooped with excitement as he walked away with two others, and discharged the gun into the air for the fun of it, in celebratory mood. Apparently he was a good father. Having several children by different women - it was said today that he always remembered their birthdays

May he rot inside.
    Last edited by landmarker; 17-Feb-06 at 19:48.

The official description the other day of the man arrested at Heathrow was that he was a known Drug Dealer and a Yardie.

The London incident is further described at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/652357.stm

It would appear the murder was committed over the parking of a car and not showing the proper, I believe ths term is "Rispek", for the Drug Gang on whose Turf it happened.

Such is the price of life and the extent of violence on the streets of Britain!

wickerinca Guest

Yes..........life does appear to be cheap within some cultures. Not much 'Rispek" there.

What concerns me, is that, with one exception, those who are so horrified and concerned by a short assault elsewhere and declare their abhorrence of violence are totally unconcerned about a Policewoman, yet again, being gunned down on the streets of Britain.

By comparison this thread has gone almost unnoticed. It really does show how little concern there is for people on these islands who are willing to risk their lives for our safety.

I often wonder if the British Public are worthy of such people, a public who are far too prone to seeing nothing but bad in them, who will make the right noises for a few days then go back to looking for the next small fault they can find in one of them.

A Memorial was placed outside the Lybian Embassy in London commemorating the murder of Yvonne Fletcher by Terrorists inside. Such was the respect for it that within a matter of days it had been vandalised. No doubt by the same sort of people who at the time she was shot would have been there screaming “Pig” at her.

I am glad to say that Rachael Bown does not look like joining Yvonne Fletcher on the list of officers, who died in the Line of Duty protecting us, on the National Police Memorial in London. A Memorial, I might add which was privately funded by the efforts of Michael Winner, a film producer, who became disgusted by the fact that no official body had ever considered it worth erecting, even when he suggested doing so to them.

One thing is certain, Rachael’s friends and colleagues can be proud to say they knew her.
    I wish her well and all her colleagues in Nottingham.

One thing is certain, Rachael’s friends and colleagues can be proud to say they knew her.
    I wish her well and all her colleagues in Nottingham.
    Know her.
    It looks like WPC Bown will remain in the present tense.
    I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. There are some rogue elements within the force of course, including some overbearing and arrogant coppers but most do a difficult job well. They are all we have to call upon in this descent into lawlessness.

Thin blue line indeed.

What concerns me, is that, with one exception, those who are so horrified and concerned by a short assault elsewhere and declare their abhorrence of violence are totally unconcerned about a Policewoman, yet again, being gunned down on the streets of Britain.
    Thats another sanctimonious blast of wind blowing out of Clyth Mr Jaws.
    Dont you dare judge my motives or compassion for others by what I may or may not contribute to your fantasy life here on caithness.org.
    Your posts are full of the same innuendo pointed towards people whose visions for the future of the human race seem somewhat out of your perception range. Rather than try to listen and understand to what your opponents have to say, your method is to shame them for daring to think differently from yourself. Im aware you have plenty of support here but that last post says so much more about your own motives than it does about the motives of those you accuse of having no feelings for the bravery of our police and armed forces.
    Perhaps an apology would be in order?

Quote Originally Posted by gleeber
    Thats another sanctimonious blast of wind blowing out of Clyth Mr Jaws.
    Dont you dare judge my motives or compassion for others by what I may or may not contribute to your fantasy life here on caithness.org.
    Your posts are full of the same innuendo pointed towards people whose visions for the future of the human race seem somewhat out of your perception range. Rather than try to listen and understand to what your opponents have to say, your method is to shame them for daring to think differently from yourself. Im aware you have plenty of support here but that last post says so much more about your own motives than it does about the motives of those you accuse of having no feelings for the bravery of our police and armed forces.
    Perhaps an apology would be in order?
    Which particular part of my last post disturbs you gleeber? Yes, I listen and unfortunately I do understand, I've seen it close up on many occassions and heard it before. Obviously something struck close to home, I have mentioned no name and made no accusations. To whom am I refering in particular and why would it be them?
    The only thing I am sorry about is that it doesn't need to take more than a glance to see the difference.
    Last edited by JAWS; 18-Feb-06 at 00:04.