Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heavens Basement + Darkwater Live In Wick

And yes Darren, you certainly did have a grand night! hahaha
    Last edited by Ramsay777; 13-Apr-09 at 18:27.

Gotta say the same about darkwater thought they were well bad, crap sound crap songs and no stage presence.

Healthy Minds Collapse were well good and sounded even better in the blackstairs after.

Heaven's Basement were very good but prefered Healthy minds collapse.

Its a shame more folk didnt go

Quote Originally Posted by theboss View Post

I realise there was a DJ in the Waterfront that night and the Country Music Festival was on, but there can't be that huge a crossover that all the rock fans in Caithness were at these other events.
    Aye, the country festival is a total sell out over three days and rock bands struggle to pull a single crowd.

The assembly rooms is a strange venue. It really is quite a big place to fill.

It's been mulled over constantly on here-maybe, despite the good intentions of the promoter, it just isnt worth the effort to stage rock shows up here unless it's as pub entertainment like Fats or Bad Reputations or day i say it the beat combo i perform with. Im not much of a pub drinker but if theres a band on then it'll encourage me to go.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Aye, the country festival is a total sell out over three days and rock bands struggle to pull a single crowd.

The assembly rooms is a strange venue. It really is quite a big place to fill.

It's been mulled over constantly on here-maybe, despite the good intentions of the promoter, it just isnt worth the effort to stage rock shows up here unless it's as pub entertainment like Fats or Bad Reputations or day i say it the beat combo i perform with. Im not much of a pub drinker but if theres a band on then it'll encourage me to go.
    Finally...someone else who can see the bigger picture, there are those among us who will constantly moan that people don't get off their backsides and go to these kind of gigs, and always blame that for poor attendence, when it's simply a case of there not being that many rock fans in Caithness, and certainly not in Wick, they would have pulled a better crowd in Thurso, that's for certain, the packed out assembly rooms for the Sargeant gig certainly shows that there is a big indie crowd in Wick, but as far as rock gigs go....a complete waste of time.

Saying that, one shouldnt disparage the people who yearn for more live rock bands. I dont feel that deprived of enterainment living up here but obviously a lot of people of my age and taste sure do. It's a bummer for people like theboss who want to see live bands and also try and plough up the field with their own band but live in a town that has the head/brick wall thing.

Is it just pure numbers? Does the county have a demographic that only supports a country festival?
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123