Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Heavens Basement + Darkwater Live In Wick

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Heavens Basement + Darkwater Live In Wick

These two bands will be playing Wick Assembly Rooms on 10th April, tickets are £10.

http://www.myspace.com/heavensbasementofficial

They used to be called Hurricane Party

http://www.myspace.com/darkwaterglasgow

Manky weegies with a pretty cool electro/pop/rock sound

I saw Heaven's Basement back in December, they were really good and I would recommend their gig!
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Please let me know if they manage to fill more than half the size of the venue.

Heavens basement sound quite good, Reminiscent of GUN. Now they were a good band, the new singer in Gun is pants though!!!!
    Darkwater are quite unique, will take me a few listens to dig their groove.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    Heavens basement sound quite good, Reminiscent of GUN. Now they were a good band, the new singer in Gun is pants though!!!!
    Darkwater are quite unique, will take me a few listens to dig their groove.
    The new singer in Gun is Toby Jepson who used to the the singer for 'Little Angels', he was a capable, if uninteresting singer 20yrs ago, but in Gun he plain sucks, it's a shame they couldn't get Mark Rankin back in the band, but he's too busy making big money working for a record label in London though, i still slap myself for not going to see Gun when they played in Thurso a few months before the release of 'Gallus', i was a fan of the debut at the time, but if i recall it was a Thursday night and i just took a lazy turn as i had to get up for work early on the Friday...what a div!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    The new singer in Gun is Toby Jepson who used to the the singer for 'Little Angels', he was a capable, if uninteresting singer 20yrs ago, but in Gun he plain sucks, it's a shame they couldn't get Mark Rankin back in the band, but he's too busy making big money working for a record label in London though, i still slap myself for not going to see Gun when they played in Thurso a few months before the release of 'Gallus', i was a fan of the debut at the time, but if i recall it was a Thursday night and i just took a lazy turn as i had to get up for work early on the Friday...what a div!
    I was working in Flicks when Gun came up here. This little guy tried to get in while they were sound checking I told him to Sling his hook and shut the door.Then the manager asked if I had seen their drummer, I then realised I had kicked the drummer out of the building!!! He wasnt a happy camper I can assure you!!!!.
    I remember them doing "Word up as there soundcheck song before they released it. They had on hell of a sound.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Please let me know if they manage to fill more than half the size of the venue.
    Half the venue?, that's being pretty optimistic Pepsi, i think they'll be lucky to sell 30 tickets, £10 for a friday night gig in a run down community hall with bad acoustics and no bar for two bands that most people have never heard of?....some div really never did their homework on this one.

Gentlemen, while I completely understand your cynicism, I think you can only admire the attempts that are being made to bring live acts to Wick.
    Fair enough, Heaven's Basement is no major name, but they most certainly are worth a listen.
    I would encourage anyone who appreciates decent rock music to part with a tenner and go along ........

i'll be going and i will take wife and 2 boys with me, thats four tickets gizmo, was also speaking to bons balls tonight and he said he was going.

Quote Originally Posted by orcadian1964 View Post
    Gentlemen, while I completely understand your cynicism, I think you can only admire the attempts that are being made to bring live acts to Wick.
    Fair enough, Heaven's Basement is no major name, but they most certainly are worth a listen.
    I would encourage anyone who appreciates decent rock music to part with a tenner and go along ........
    I do admire the attempts. However, why they chose to put this on in the Assembly Rooms and not a smaller, more atmospheric venue - one with a bar, perhaps (people who like live music like a drink, too) - and charge a sensible price? I tell you now there's no big or small promoter in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee or Inverness that would dream of charging that amount for these type of bands. £4 or £5 tops.

In fact I take it back, I'd be surprised if any more than 20 paying customers were in attendance. Only time will tell I guess. Do me let me know how it goes...

Default Heavens Basement + Darkwater Live In Wick

Hey,

I'm promoting this gig and just stumbled upon this thread

If you can suggest a local atmospheric venue that would be suitable I'd love to hear where it is, as I can't find one.

I can't use clubs as they have a policy against selling tickets.
    I won't use local bars as I have my own one and its not big enough for this sort of thing. And please dont suggest the Waterfront.

I dont know if any of you were at the Sergeant gig but the sound quality was cracking. It wasnt full but it was a sellout. The council only allow 600 in the hall which is shocking and I'm workin on that.

Anyone whos into this kinda music would have a good night at this gig and a tenner is no bad for 2 decent bands & the kinda lightshow etc that will be provided.

And, there will be a bar at the Heavens Basement gig (like all of the shows) - in the hall - and will probably be better stocked than most bars in Wick.

If u wanna wager pepsi I'll take a £1 off u for every punter over the 30 mark in the hall and knock it off the fee for ur next stairs gig. U'll be payin me to play

Maybe I shouldna bother and Wickers can go back to gurnin theres nothin till go to.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicWicker View Post
    Hey,

I'm promoting this gig and just stumbled upon this thread

If you can suggest a local atmospheric venue that would be suitable I'd love to hear where it is, as I can't find one.

I can't use clubs as they have a policy against selling tickets.
    I won't use local bars as I have my own one and its not big enough for this sort of thing. And please dont suggest the Waterfront.

I dont know if any of you were at the Sergeant gig but the sound quality was cracking. It wasnt full but it was a sellout. The council only allow 600 in the hall which is shocking and I'm workin on that.

Anyone whos into this kinda music would have a good night at this gig and a tenner is no bad for 2 decent bands & the kinda lightshow etc that will be provided.

And, there will be a bar at the Heavens Basement gig (like all of the shows) - in the hall - and will probably be better stocked than most bars in Wick.

If u wanna wager pepsi I'll take a £1 off u for every punter over the 30 mark in the hall and knock it off the fee for ur next stairs gig. U'll be payin me to play

Maybe I shouldna bother and Wickers can go back to gurnin theres nothin till go to.
    Its good that someone up here is at least trying to bring quality up here.For too long now The waterfront has sat back and pumped out Discos but yet the Policy when he built the place was Top quality live entertainment!
    I think anyone who is at least prepared to try and give Wick some good quality music is alright in my book.
    Well done I hope it works out,if Im not working I'll be there.

Default Daft question

Where can we buy tickets for the gig? Not sure if it's the Assembly Rooms to try first.

Default tickets

Hey

Tickets will be on sale hopefully on Friday. The promoter down south is still getting the posters printed

They'll be available from Blackstairs Lounge & online at www.ticketweb.co.uk

Ignore the myspace site price, tics will be £8 each.

Theres an ad in tomorrows Kerrang aswell

Cheers

Default Heaven's Basement

Tickets are now available online, think I'll just get mine at the BS lounge

Quote Winners of Classic Rock Magazines BEST NEW ACT. Nominated in the UK RAWK Awards 2009 for - BAND OF THE YEAR - AXE MAN OF THE YEAR - FRONT MAN OF THE YEAR - EP OF THE YEAR - TOUR OF THE YEAR. UK & European tour slots for Nickelback, Bon Jovi & Def Leppard.

Healthy Minds Collapse (www.myspace.com/healthymindscollapse) are gonna be playing in the Blackstairs Lounge after the Heavens Basement gig.

The ad for the gig was in Kerrang! this week, should be a good night

Just realised that Heaven's Basement are the reincarnation of Roadstar.

If their new stuff is anything like 'Grand Hotel', then I suspect I will surely attend. Probably.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Just realised that Heaven's Basement are the reincarnation of Roadstar.

If their new stuff is anything like 'Grand Hotel', then I suspect I will surely attend. Probably.
    G'wan MA, attend .............

Aye, Heavens Basement = Roadstar ....... I've got "Grand Hotel" by Roadstar as well - good album.

There will be some of us who need no convincing to go, but for those who are uncertain, have a deek at Heavens Basement on myspace -
    http://www.myspace.com/heavensbasementofficial

also, there are a couple of different songs on lastfm -
    http://www.last.fm/music/Heaven%27s+Basement
    - i particularly like "I'll never write a love song" - can see it being excellent live (if they play it).

I'm yet to see anything on the internet but positive reaction to their live performances.
    Lets encourage all the "undecideds" out there to go along - only £8 - and we'll all have a great night!
    Last edited by orcadian1964; 22-Mar-09 at 14:07. Reason: typo

Default Gig Update

Hey all

Healthy Minds Collapse are now on the bill for the Heavens Basement gig.

They will be onstage at 8.

They will be also be playing a 45 minute set in the Blackstairs after the show. Saw them in Edinburgh last week and they are awesome.

www.myspace.com/healthymindscollapse

So who is going to the gig 2nite????? I'm really looking forward to great night of rockin tunes great value for money well done to music wicker