Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faith No More...

Default Faith No More...

... are reforming, albeit without Jim. Buddy - will you be going to see them?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????????????

First i heard about it-i actually spat bits of my white pudding on the screen when i read it.

YES I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

You'll find news about it on Pitchfork and NME.

I'd be tempted to go, but only if Jim's involved. Thought they would have taken Chuck back, too, but snow dice, baby.

White puddings? Red only.

Canna beat a white pudding. A phallic oatmeal concoction gets me every time.

I love every incarnation of Faith No More. I think Billy Gould still plays with Jon Hudson who played on the last record so it'd be good if it was him playin geeeetar but even better if it was Jim.

Man i am so excited. I hope it doesnt all fall appart.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????????????

First i heard about it-i actually spat bits of my white pudding on the screen when i read it.

YES I WILL BE THERE!!!!!
    This is old news, well..the official statement is new news, but it's not been a very well kept secret, and without Jim Martin it's not worth bothering with...just my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    This is old news, well..the official statement is new news, but it's not been a very well kept secret

Ho ho, I wish i had your confidence. Until it was officially announced i wouldnt have relied on Faith No More doing anything, given their nature. As someone in the know, could you tell me if theres any chance of a new Mr Bungle album?

Faith No More, quality band indeed.
    I just can't help but feel strange when bands reunite though, I mean surely if they loved doing it, they would not have given up in the first place?

It's a difficult one to judge whether bands do it for the money or for the love of what they do.
    I will be interetsted to see what they produce though
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Well said, it's exciting to be able to see them but you question their motives for reforming.

But Faith No More were always merchants of the blackest humour so a reformation for the cash would no doubt just be cheerfully ironic, especially to Puffy Bordin who is supposed to be a notoriously mean tightwad.

Fantastic drummer though.

Well said, it's exciting to be able to see them but you question their motives for reforming.

But Faith No More were always merchants of the blackest humour so a reformation for the cash would no doubt just be cheerfully ironic, especially to Puffy Bordin who is supposed to be a notoriously mean tightwad.

Fantastic drummer though.
    I am as happy as the next Faith No More fan that they are reuniting, don't get me wrong, it just seems in recent times bands do it because they are skint and in turn release a pile of self-indulgent cow-poo.

Lets hope Faith bring us some more excellent songs though, as I'm sure they will.
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

As someone in the know, could you tell me if theres any chance of a new Mr Bungle album?
    I'll call someone who cares

But lets hope not.

Thumbs down It's All About The Money......

Faith No More bassist Billy Gould issued a statement
    regarding the band's reunion to Blabbermouth. Here it is
    reproduced in full:

'Faith No More has always stood out as some sort of unique
    beast; part dog, part cat — its music almost as schizophrenic
    as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it
    worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile.

TRANSLATION: We all hated each other

Throughout our 17 years of existence, the mental and physical
    energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and
    relentless.

TRANSLATION: We took a shed load of drugs

Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we
    all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the
    universe.

TRANSLATION: We couldn't stand the sight of each other.

Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed
    since our decision to break up we've experienced constant
    rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike.
    Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular
    touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting
    together. What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've
    all decided to sit down together and talk about it.

TRANSLATION: We basically all realised that we needed the money.

And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance
    to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and
    made us realize that through all the hard work, the music
    still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the
    fact that we might have actually done something right.

TRANSLATION: We've decided to put our differences behind us and try and make some money again.

Meanwhile, we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero
    label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a
    kick-ass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past
    but possibly add something to the present.

TRANSLATION: We'll play the hits but you may have to put up with some of the new stuff as well. Don't worry, you can go to the bar then or take a piss.

Is Jim Martin the cheil with the Frizzy hair who was in vids like epic and easy.

The guitarist at the moment take it he is the same guy thats in the ashes to ashes vid.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Well now that they are playing download I can say that I will be seeing them this year

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I'll call someone who cares

But lets hope not.
    Genius always takes a generation to be recognised.

Ho ho. Are you actually a fan of FNM Gizmo?

Any motive is questionable i suppose. It doesnt stop me feeling nothing but joy at the notion of seeing a band i love though. I would assume there isnt any new material on the way.

But lets get down to brass tacks-you're not really being revelatory when u mention them 1) Hating each other and 2) Not being averse to making a fast buck.

Doing it for the money would be a delicious irony only Faith No More could engineer, but it doesnt quite stand up-Puffy is one of the biggest freelance rock drummers in the world, Patton has about 20 different bands and a label that seems to be doing well, Gould also has a label and 20 different bands and Roddy's in some weird pop band.

Doing it for the adulation is more likely. They did after all just walk into a headling slot in one of the worlds top metal festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Well now that they are playing download I can say that I will be seeing them this year
    Cool. Im glad ur you're tearing yourself away from local hip hop politics. I'll no doubt catch you down there. Im thinking of flying from glesca seeing as the east midlands airport is right next to the race track.

Any of the middleyards going?

Cool. Im glad ur you're tearing yourself away from local hip hop politics. I'll no doubt catch you down there. Im thinking of flying from glesca seeing as the east midlands airport is right next to the race track.

Any of the middleyards going?
    Aye, Calum will be accompanying me.

You can fly from Inverness, only 40 bucks at the moment. But with Ryanair you have to travel light. So we will be doing the 9 hour drive instead!

I checked that out but they wont do a flight the day we want so i'll be going to glasgow then flying.

Aye the flights are good an cheap just now.

You camping?

I checked that out but they wont do a flight the day we want so i'll be going to glasgow then flying.

Aye the flights are good an cheap just now.

You camping?
    Aye, RIP though. Gotta have real showers, real toilets, and pay for drink with real money!

I looked at the thistle hotel in the airport. It's about 200 squid for three nights.

Ur right about needing proper showers etc. I could handle staying in a tent for three days no bother, but if im getting mangled and quite possibly vomiting on myself each day then i will need a shower and a proper fried breakfast each morning.

I looked at the thistle hotel in the airport. It's about 200 squid for three nights.

Ur right about needing proper showers etc. I could handle staying in a tent for three days no bother, but if im getting mangled and quite possibly vomiting on myself each day then i will need a shower and a proper fried breakfast each morning.
    Lol, yeah its certainly handy. Also meet a tonne of the bands and there is an after party everynight in hospitality. Makes it well worth the extra cash. Plus you just drive straight to your camping space and gget set up. None of that queing rubbish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast