Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Google Ocean

Default Google Ocean

After reading in the paper regarding the possible sighting of Atlantis I thought I would have a look. It does appear interesting but wonder of the accuracy of the ocean floor formations. In order to see what the fuss is about you have to install the latest version of Google earth that includes Google ocean. See anything interesting?

yes, all those sunken German U boats!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    After reading in the paper regarding the possible sighting of Atlantis I thought I would have a look. It does appear interesting but wonder of the accuracy of the ocean floor formations. In order to see what the fuss is about you have to install the latest version of Google earth that includes Google ocean. See anything interesting?
    The ocean floor formations are pretty accurate now, thanks to the capabilities of the atomic submarines, particularly the US navy who have been mapping/charting the ocean floors for several decades. Also the oil companies who have developed amazing technologies for locating oil at greater depths than ever before.

I downloaded google earth a couple of weeks ago, latest version?? don't know. I have not had the time to play with it, but I will one of these days.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life