Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Despicable theft

that is really bad,my thoughts are with them,i hope they find out who it was and they get prosecuted severely for it,but dosnt any1 agree a situation like this would be overcome if the police werent sitting in the precinct waiting for cruisers to go past,fair enuf they cant watch every house in wick but they are focusing on the wrong thing,im sure a few wil agree wick is bad for break ins!!!! i really really hope the police found out who it was that has done such a disgraceful act its not rite these people shud be jailed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by saxovtr
    that is really bad,my thoughts are with them,i hope they find out who it was and they get prosecuted severely for it,but dosnt any1 agree a situation like this would be overcome if the police werent sitting in the precinct waiting for cruisers to go past,fair enuf they cant watch every house in wick but they are focusing on the wrong thing,im sure a few wil agree wick is bad for break ins!!!! i really really hope the police found out who it was that has done such a disgraceful act its not rite these people shud be jailed!!!!!!
    Not trying to start an argument here so plz dont take offence.
    Sorry Saxo, but you seem to have turned this on its head and focus on "boyracers" again. This couple have had a tough time of it and i think we should be thankful for what we have, if you get stopped by the police then who's fault is it but your own. At least you are well & healthy (i presume) and should count your blessings!
    You only live once.
    I hope they find the brutes and the family know the community is behind them.
    Best wishes to them x
    CaItHnEsS GiRl... x

Cool

Hope theyre caught for it, pity No-one will kick some sense into them, obviously jail wont work for these 2 , I ken violence is bad but.........

wickerinca Guest

The is the first that I have heard of this break-in and I do not know who is involved but they have obviously had a real bad time of it from your posts and I am really sorry for them.

I have heard mutterings that there seems to be a certain criminal element terrorising parts of the town and causing all sorts of trouble. It's time that something was done about this. Seems that there is a lack of confidence in the police and their ability to address this problem. Perhaps we should all start writing to the Chief Constable asking for a concentrated effort be made to sort these people out?

well i took offence so dont start on this topic use ur common sense,i was simply giving an example ok,terrible thing to happen to people,violence maybe not solve things but for people who steal and break in shud be.......

I don't believe the people who do this kind of thing have any feelings for anyone else or can even begin to imagine the pain and heartache they cause. Many years ago my house (not this one) was broken into and some antique jewelry stolen, some years later I was again burgled in another house and what remained was taken so all I had left was what I was wearing. This must be a common enough story - the monetary value was totally unimportant to me and I doubt if the thieves knew what it was. The sentimental value was incalculable because each item had a history - who gave it and in what circumstances - and should have been passed on to my children. This does not begin to compare with the loss felt by the family in Wick and I fear it is very unlikely that they will recover what they have lost or that the thieves will be caught. It is a sickening crime. How do you even begin to get through to these thugs? What makes them tick? Is it to get money for drugs or what?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

When our house was broken into over a year ago, the items stolen which caused the most grief and upset, were the items of jewellery left by my mum. I think the fact that these pieces can never be replaced makes it even more hurtful.
    Shortly after it happened, I had a conversation with a drug user who said he spent £90 - £100 a day to feed his habit. I don't know if this was bravado on his part or if he indeed spent this amount of money daily. Is that a big, medium or small habit? I don't have a clue. But if so, it doesn't take many like that, needing that amount of money to make me sure that no one is safe! We should all take every precaution and be watchful over each other.
    My heart goes out to Janice and John and all the other folks in Caithness who have suffered and are still suffering after a break in. Keep safe!

wickerinca Guest

My Mum just called and told me who the couple are. If anybody will be speaking to them soon will you please pm me so I can get a message to Janice.
    Thanks

i just read the paper today and was horrified to read what happened to that poor couple i must add that tonite i witnessed a incident in henreitta street and the two culpruts involved matched the descrisption in the paper and theses two culpruts i wouldnt put it past evil evil people

Angry

Slap all the unwashed neds in this town with ASBOS and tag'em!!! restrict and monitor their movments..end result - crime is cut by 99%

We all know who they are.............

yes cant understand why they dont tag em could think o more things id like to do to them

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl
    When our house was broken into over a year ago, the items stolen which caused the most grief and upset, were the items of jewellery left by my mum. I think the fact that these pieces can never be replaced makes it even more hurtful.
    Shortly after it happened, I had a conversation with a drug user who said he spent £90 - £100 a day to feed his habit. I don't know if this was bravado on his part or if he indeed spent this amount of money daily. Is that a big, medium or small habit? I don't have a clue. But if so, it doesn't take many like that, needing that amount of money to make me sure that no one is safe! We should all take every precaution and be watchful over each other.
    My heart goes out to Janice and John and all the other folks in Caithness who have suffered and are still suffering after a break in. Keep safe!
    My Mum was broken into when she was 88.The things they stole weren't valuable but the jewellery they took was sentimental.Her fathers ring,the necklace and earrings I bought her with my first wages,the brooch and ring I made her and other items from my sisters and brothers.They can be replaced but they don't have the same memories.She never really got over the theft and moved in with me after.She died a couple of years ago aged 98.

Makes me glad I've got dogs!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Totally disgusted with those scum bags...... surely even in their scum lives there is unsaid rules if you know what I mean? You'd never take such items surely? I feel devasted for the family as these sentimental items are things they can hold onto to and those little low lifes can steal them? If there is an ounce of decency in these thieves they should return the items ASAP!
    Never mind tagging them get them locked up for a long time make an example of them might put others off!!
    I truly hope the family get these items returned to them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12