Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Despicable theft

Default Despicable theft

This is serious. Some people we know in Henrietta St have been burgled and had items taken from their house. The awful thing is their son was killed a couple of years ago and some of the things taken were the last precious items they had of him. I can't believe in this community which has supported them so well through their first awful ordeal there isn't SOMEONE who has information on who these dreadful thieves are or where the stolen goods might be. Please, please can I ask everyone to do whatever they can to help this couple. If anyone has any information, no matter how small, please let the police know, even anonymously through Crimestoppers. We must find these villians and get the stuff back.

Default Break In

Heard About The Break In Last Night ,i Also Know The Couple .they Have Both Been Through A Lot. And Definately Did Not Deserve This To Happen.

Its discusting that this could happen in Wick especially at such an early time in the evening(7pm from what ive been told)

This is awful..I hope they catch whoever it was soon
    It's a disgrace that this is happening and someone is bound to hear something in a small town like this!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

unicorn Guest

That is absolutely sickening.... Some people just have no care or respect for anything or anyone... I hope you let these poor people know that people feel awful for them and pass on their sympathies and anger at this terrible act. I truly hope they recover these things.

I just cant believe how callous some people can be, I heard about the break-in today and was sickened, this family have been to hell and back this last couple of years.

When are the police going to do something about these people, there have been numerous break in's in the past few months.

The woman across the road from me was broken into, her husband died last year and they took all her jewellery including her wedding and engagement rings, and even went through her clothes drawers, I can't imagine what that must feel like to have the last mementos you have of a loved one stolen from you.

Something has to be done about these people, but unfortunatley I know first hand that they don't leave any evidence leaving very little for the police to go on, but don't tell me they don't know who these people are.

Even if they catch these people I doubt very much whether they would get anything more than a few hours community service.
    It's always the same people in court in Wick week after week and the same light sentences.
    It's a disgrace!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I understand the frustration of the police, and the fact they have to work within the limitations of the law, but people are getting frustrated with the fact these people seem to be getting of scot free, they are ruining peoples lives and there is no repurcussions for them whereas their victims have lost personal possessions that no money can replace.

I know this couple as well and I am so sad to hear about what happened. Life has dealt them a very hard blow already and this is the last thing they needed. If its true that things were taken that belonged to their late son then that is heartbreaking for them. Everything possible must be done to catch these evil people.

i dont know who the people are but how dreadful for them. Its good to know people are caring for them. i hope they get their possessions back very soon. The police must know who the criminals are, its usually the same gang of lads going around.If any of them are reading this please return the property to these poor people.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

I know them also and feel so sorry for them, the police know who these villians are and are to scared to tackle them, its the same people over and over again, i do hope some police are ogers and read these posts and get their fingers out and go catch these rats and exterminate them for once and all.

Angry

I read Kit Kats message here on the board last night and was racking my brains as to who these poor people were. I have only now read my Caithness Courier and found out. My heart goes out to them they have had the most devastating time over the past few years. They are such lovely people and no-one should have to go through what happened to them. I will not say what i think of the 2 who broke into their house as it will probably cause a life suspension from this message board but i'm sure most of you think the same as me. God bless this family and take strenght that our thoughts are with you.
    To stay young live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age.

just read the courier myself. its an absolute disgrace shame on the people who did this the lowest of the low. this is a small town thou we will probably hear who did it soon.

nevis Guest

These people must be caught and we should all rally together and supply the police with any information that we have. We all know that the police must have a very good idea who these criminals are, but we have to remember that the court as well as the police need the evidence to do something about it. So just remember we must all abide the law as it is and not as we would like it to be.

My heart goes out to the victims of this crime.

Its absolutely disgusting that this has happened, people must know who it was, they have to shop them for it and the courts have to do something about it for a change.
    Name and shame them, it will be the usual suspects i reckon

I read this last night on the board and had know idea how to respond.To say i was shocked is an understatment.You read about these thigs every day but i never thought it could or would happen in Wick.My sympathy goes out to the couple, even not knowing them makes know difference its a dispicable crime

How low can some people/scum get. I dont know of the family concerned but my heart goes out to them. These scum WILL be caught but its the belonging that need to be returned. The items are usually sold on for drugs/drink money, so if who ever buys them for god sake take them back to the couple who have lost there son. Belongings mean so much when you lose someone.
    computer says no ........

Just Outside The Gateway To Hell 3rd House On The Left

Quote Originally Posted by paris
    These scum WILL be caught.
    I hope they do but its getting to the stage that i want to see longer more harsh stretches inside for offenders we all know of some of the "locals" that have lists as long as there arms and all they seem to get is a slap on the wrist small fine paid back at a couple of pounds a week for the next few years and told be on there way
    Give a child a hammer and the whole world becomes a nail

I was also compleatly sickened to read this story in todays paper,how can those pair of scumbags put this poor couple through more pain,my heart goes out to this poor couple.

Does anyone actually know who is responsible? If so ,can i ask you to have a word with them and get the family's things back even if it means paying the little sods then im sure we could all send some money to whoever gets them back to cover your costs. Just an idea.
    computer says no ........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast