Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: ghosts in caithness?

Default ghosts in caithness?

after reading the hill of forss post was wandering...
    is there any Gosties in caithness?
    poltergiest?? spirits?? apparitions??
    any one ever experiance a ghost?
    let all lay it on the line!
    tell me your stories!
    and of any haunted places up here!!!

yeah - there are a few people who claim to have seen many ghosts in Caithness... I'll try and get a few stories for ya from my future step father next time I see him (I usually walk away when he starts with his ghost stories).
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Default Ghoulies an' ghosties

Nice sentiment Amethyst..but if you suscribe to the theory put forward by Einstein..then we are merely in a different pigeion hole to the present.That means we can slip sideways/back/forward in time so that any apparitions we might see are merely as a result of having slid down the wrong leg of The Trousers of Time.Catch you somewhere in The Andromedian Nebula,it's a great place to be!

jjc Guest

When I was a kid I could have sworn I saw a ghost walking down the stairs in the house I grew up in. 'She' was a white haired old lady who walked down the stairs to the first landing before disappearing.

My adult brain tells me I must have been dreaming. The house is nearly four centuries old. It backs onto a cemetery (which is raised about twelve feet higher than the garden, so the coffins would be about head height behind the wall separating the two). I was only about ten. I read a lot of horror books.

However, it was very real and I would still be hard pressed to dismiss the whole thing as a dream. Besides, there were plenty of places in the house that just didn’t feel right and where I would try not to go without company… and that was in the daytime.

Default Ghosts in Caithness

I am pretty sure there are ghosts living in my house. Well how else do you explain all the missing socks! And what about the kids untidy bedrooms? Whenever I ask them to tidy it up they reply with "it wasn't me". So I can only assume it was a ghost.

I didn't think my signature was topic of discussion on this thread.