Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viewfirth

ahhh, that old diy stage.

oi zeb, you had nothing to fear you were actually on THE STAGE, i had to stand on that rather loose scaffold work.

my pedal fell through on one side lol

poor mr beveridge and his big trousers.

and im sure joe didnt move all night lol

Played the Viewfirth a few times. First time was the gig Zeb mentioned above, our first out of school gig in the sports bar. Was pretty lethal, the first time we had people dancing in front of us. Crazy.

My other favourite story was when Stevie T was playing and he jumped off the stage, played a solo then, he was so drunk, he couldn't get back on the stage. He had to put his guitar on the stage then walk around. Superb!

I think stevie was just a bit fatigued during that performance.

He may have spent some time in a drinking establishment with metal attakk before the gig but i dont know if thats true.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    I think stevie was just a bit fatigued during that performance.
    'Fatigued' oot his face, more lek.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    He may have spent some time in a drinking establishment with metal attakk before the gig but i dont know if thats true.
    Jeez, I get the blame for everything! Anyway, you were there too, young man - if I remember rightly.

My earliest memories of the Viewfirth are of attending the old Folk Festivals on the green. Masses of people (well to me at that age, anyway) sitting around on blankets, and strange sounds (and smells) coming from the stage as the likes of Silly Wizard entertained the chilled-out masses.

The weather was always perfect - right in the middle of those balmy 1970s summers - not tagged on at the end of the gala week when it's always lashing rain and sleet. No wonder people turned up.

Halcyon days, indeed.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Jeez, I get the blame for everything! Anyway, you were there too, young man - if I remember rightly.
    Aye but as i recall you disappeared off to the pub with him during the day. Though by the time we played i think we were all somewhat tired and emotional.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Smile

ha ha ,i just loved the crack at those gigs , i still managed to pull it off though.
    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law

Aye you certainly did. It was quality fun.

I think theres a video of the one of the gigs floating about somewhere. The Mad Dogg taped it as far as i can mind.

Anyone here, like me, ever rehearse at the Viewfirth? Upstairs; in one of the committee rooms? I recall a few bands using it for a wee while. For a short period I ended up playing with yon lass Morag - can you remember who she is, Metalattakk? - and Mark Paterson (bass) and maybe Dwayne Davidson on guitar. Can't remember what we played, but it was probably another Suicidal Tendencies tribute band. Heady days, heady days...

The upstairs was declared out of bounds before i ever played there so that'd be fourteen years ago anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    For a short period I ended up playing with yon lass Morag - can you remember who she is, Metalattakk?
    Nah, sorry....rings no bells for me. Did she have brothers or sisters we might ken?

As an aside, the old committee room upstairs was where the original meetings for the very first Edge Of The World Festival were conducted. Latterly, that same room was used by the Viewfirth football team as a changing room. I've been naked in that room!

As an aside, the old committee room upstairs was where the original meetings for the very first Edge Of The World Festival were conducted.
    Mmm, sorry if my memory serves me well the first EOTW meeting was in the public bar of Scapa House Hotel (do I detect a pattern here!! - demolition).

Don't ever remember being upstairs in the Viewfirth - downstairs off the side room from the main public bar yes. (Hey I could be wrong it was a Looooooonnnnnnnggggg time ago, and I'm getting old!! - and what does it really matter anyway).

Some nice memories of the old place.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Ah, then it wasn't one of the 'very first' meetings, then, it was a pre-gig meeting where the band running order was discussed and decided.

(Up the stairs, first room on the right, window looked across Viewfirth field. I'm utterly convinced it was in there...but alas, the hazy passage of time, and all that...)

Yep, sad the old place is gone, but by some accounts the replacement could well be something spectacular. Maybe.

Nah, sorry....rings no bells for me. Did she have brothers or sisters we might ken?

As an aside, the old committee room upstairs was where the original meetings for the very first Edge Of The World Festival were conducted. Latterly, that same room was used by the Viewfirth football team as a changing room. I've been naked in that room!
    I think she had brown/reddish hair, played a bit of bass, wore an army surplus jacket and listened to The Cure - a lot. Granted, there were a lot of girls like that back then. Not sure she had any brothers or sisters but she did hang around Stephen Todd a fair bit. I think.

Ah yes, bell is ringing now.....she palled about with Laura(?) Torley, yes? Still can't mind her last name though.

Ally Manson would mind who she is, for sure.

Edit:
    Bloody hell, the penny's just dropped - Morag Currie, sister of good mate of buddyrich's and mine, Lindsay Currie.
    Last edited by Metalattakk; 25-Feb-09 at 20:48.

Default Upstairs At Viewfirth - First EOTW Festival

Ah, then it wasn't one of the 'very first' meetings, then, it was a pre-gig meeting where the band running order was discussed and decided.

(Up the stairs, first room on the right, window looked across Viewfirth field. I'm utterly convinced it was in there...but alas, the hazy passage of time, and all that...)

Yep, sad the old place is gone, but by some accounts the replacement could well be something spectacular. Maybe.
    Memory serves you right Metalattakk, there was at least one meeting in that room with all the bands to discuss running orders etc.

I seem to remember Discrepancy had a "thing" about where they could hang their Danish flag ........

(Lars fixation possibly ! ! !)

Quote Originally Posted by Suspects View Post
    I seem to remember Discrepancy had a "thing" about where they could hang their Danish flag ........

Hahahahahahaha!

Aye and no doubt the stage would have to be extra wide to fit all those pairs of white trainers!

Hehe, the stage was extra wide, just so the lead singer() could get his ego onstage.

Ho ho. You never told me you'd posted a live video of the band on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxKcoketGA

If only our aspirations could have soared so high....

Default mark paterson

he was a legend on the drums. remember seeing him play up in meeting rooms, pure class, is he still playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12