Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castletown Chip shop

Yes I had a look at there menu they near enough do everything I managed to get there again on Saturday I was delighted as always Tried the mobile takeaway last week to but didnt think much of it So i ll be sticking with my weekly trip out to Castletown.

Smile

We tend to go to Castletown Chippie every couple of weeks and would highly recommend it, not only for the food but the lovely friendly service.
    When ever we get a kids box for our wee one who is autistic they always ask her which one she wants and check the sweets inside aren't sugar coated as she doesn't like them.

No matter how busy they are they always have a friendly word for her, making life so much easier.
    stiggy

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I know this is a recommendtaion thread, but I have been to The chip shop and wasnt impressed at all, We have been twice on our way back from Groats etc and both times the food has been greasy,bland and tasteless.We got Patties which were a shade pink and the tattie in it hadnt been seasoned.!!!! Patties shouldnt be pink and if the tattie isnt seasoned it makes it a very bland dish.
    Sorry but I wasnt impressed at all with it.
    Will go to Henriettas in Wick or Robins in Thurso.

Was out there last night and I agree with hotrod, the food was greasy, bland and tasteless, I have been to Castletown chippy a good few times over the years, but lately the times I have had food from there I always say I won't go back, but then I do thinking maybe its gotten better but only to be disappointed again. I will certainly not be going back in a hurry, like you hotrod I think you can't beat Henriettas in wick and I also think Reids in Thurso is really good, but each to there own.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12