Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quiz??

Default Quiz??

Is there a quiz tomorrow night ? If so, at the usual time and place??? ( 20:00; chat room?)
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Please, anyone....is there going to be a quiz?
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_
    I think there is going to be a quiz same time same place i think anyway ju sorry i could'nt help you more.

rich62_uk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_
    Yes Ju there is, it will be hosted by Graham from Canada I believe, at 8.30pm GMT on Sunday....... Trish.

Thanks Trish ...or Rich

Yeah,

Graham from Canada hello. I live in Burlington.
    I might have a crack at some of these questions if for no other reason than I wouldn't have my response routed through 6 countries before it arrives in Scotland. The time delay has my answers coming in about 10 down the list.
    I still maintain that what one calls taps in America is "taps". We all thought that faucets was the English version.

Graham I am on at 3:30, 8:30 UK time.

Is every-one for the quiz tonight then?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Is every-one for the quiz tonight then?
    yes connie i will be there lol

Thumbs up

I hope to be there - I've promised to "knock spots" off Wickerinca & Porshie
    who both chickened out last week. Off to phone BT to see if I can crank up the Broadband speed - otherwise I fear it will be another massacre (for me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    I hope to be there - I've promised to "knock spots" off Wickerinca & Porshie
    who both chickened out last week. Off to phone BT to see if I can crank up the Broadband speed - otherwise I fear it will be another massacre (for me!)
    I phoned Aol and upgraded to platinum before last weeks quiz but the answers were still there before i got to see the questions ..I suppose it dosn't matter though, it's still good fun!!

Thank you Graham. It was a fabulous quiz session.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck
    Thank you Graham. It was a fabulous quiz session.
    Thanks Graham....

Great Quiz Graham - thank you!

I was off to a flying start tonight (must have been the glass of red wine) - got the 1st answer on the board - and it was right! Yeah! Things went downhill then - BB connection kept freezing & Golach was picking on me - despite the fact that I poured him two large Old Pulteneys.

Porshiepoo & Wickerinca did not turn up either -chickens - both of them

It's the original Grumpy for Quizmaster next week - so I'll give it a miss - was totally traumatised by Golach's comments on my presence & my answers
    Have fun folks -remember to rehearse the words of the song precisely "A life on the rolling sea/wave ........ whatever" & please make sure that all your VAT returns are up to date. Will be thinking of you all .....

Moira,

I suspect that porshiepoo and wickerinca have dedicated their quiz time to doing a final workout to be ready for the great loose off tomorrow on the caithness.org fitness club weight in. The rest of us don't have a ghost of a chance of winning this week, but they might still be in the running.

Is Golach really all that gruesome a quiz master? Say the word and I will find something else to do next Sunday afternoon.

krieve Guest

great quiz again

who won the quizz i didnt stick a round too see ?

oh i see now it must of been golach well done lad

oooooops! Kinda forgot!

Still, that gave you all one more week in which to swat up on your knowledge before I come in and take all your glory! Honest I will!

See you next week. I don't care who the quizmaster is. They can't be that bad????????????
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Talking The quiz!!

I always wanted to give the quiz a go,but now that the new series of 24 has started,ma Sunday nights are going to be a bit busy.Will schedule it in for about March.Jack Bauer he da man!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo
    oooooops! Kinda forgot!
    I did as well once I got into overdrive mode in clearing all my kitchen cupboards of out of date food. Why do I buy stuff and not eat it? Eat by Jan 1999 was on one container!! LOL
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast