Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Just one of those days.. do you get 'em?

Default Just one of those days.. do you get 'em?

Just one of those days.. do you get 'em?

You know, when things are irritating - not big, all important things, just blinking annoying..

Decided to drive over to Wick Tesco - like 'most' of us do.. so out of Strathy, up the brae and onto the nice fast A836 that runs to Melvich.. em, 'what's those signs, says Mrs Beks, as we noticed a couple of A4 sized boards a few inches off the ground, - upon which were laminated (judging by the sheen) sheets with, what must have been maybe one inch high words.. no way of making out what they said - even at 20 mph..
    So at Melvich we actually stop the car, Mrs Beks gets out and what does it say? "Drive carefully, sponsored walk in progress" - words fail me..
    Oh well onto Haygarth & Sons Gun & Rifle Makers at Dunnet - I'd checked their website and they are open 'Saturday 10.30am - 5.30pm', that's ok, it was now 11.00am.. pulled in, at the same time as another vehicle, where two lads jumped out, to the door and walked back to their car "he's got a bloody sign on the door- closed all day- looks permanent" he says, giving a rather strange gesticulation.. and they drive off with wheels spinning.. Me, more restrained, get Mrs Beks to ring the number prominently displayed "should find out when they are open" I tentatively suggest.. Ah, answerphone?; nope, ah redirected?; nope.. nufin, just a continuing unanswered ring.. How the hell do these people manage to run a business? we remark as we too drive off..

Into Tesco, get in the queue in the cafe there. Being not too hungry, lets have soup; their Minestrone with bread, that'll do me, get to front "sorry no soup left" - Ugh? it's only 11.45! it's a blinking supermarket, how can a cafe 'run out of soup'?.. we retreat and get a couple of sandwiches, sit in the car and watch the fit, idle, lazy, gits take up the disabled parking, run into the store - knowing darn well the "£70" fine is just a lot of hot air and absolutely totally meaningless..

Anyway having stopped at Crask Inn yesterday and had a fine cafetiere of excellent coffee; "tiz Kenco medium blend" the chap declared.. hmm say we 'we'll get some of that'.. Strolling along Tesco isles, nope, no Kenco Medium Blend ground coffee, nowhere to be seen - over to Co-op, nope.. it's not that blinking rare is it?.. but the day was finalised off satisfactory by filling up the car with diesel at 115.9p a litre courtesy of us spending fifty quid.. so not all irritating...
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

We had one of those days recently....
    2 small girls played hairdressers....
    Lauren cut Ionas hair with her scissors that hardly cut paper (they are sharp enough to hack her sisters hair though)
    Euan played up all day not wanting put down.. and cut a tooth.
    The house looked like a tornado went through it..not just usual mess...
    If I cleaned anything it was trashed behind me....hoover and stuff would be spilt on the floor...cleaned the bathroom and it was redone with sudocream....

Hubby came home and asked what have you done all day

Oh dear Beks, its sounds as if it was one of those days when you wished you hadn't got out of bed !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Hubby came home and asked what have you done all day
    I presume his lights were duly punched out?

Had one today with an utter pratt today who, despite the lights being at green for us drivers and red for pedestrians, decided to walk out onto the road, this being Union St in Aberdeen. There seems to be a particularly thick breed of pavement walker here that thinks no matter what the colour of the light they can just cross the road. I almost took this guy out and my thanks for not killing him was to get a mouthful of abuse.

We should be allowed to run these idiots down on the basis that their removal from the gene pool with colectively raise the limit for the rest of us. The worst are pensioners who wander into the road when the lights are telling them to wait and then, when you have to stop for them, smile and wave. What are you waving for you pratt !!, your standing in the middle of the road in my blinkiing way .. MOVE IT !!

Chill out, check your blood pressure, sounds like you're well on the way to blowing a road rage gasket or even better give up motoring before you damage yourself or some other fellow traveller!

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunken Duck View Post
    Had one today with an utter pratt today who, despite the lights being at green for us drivers and red for pedestrians, decided to walk out onto the road, this being Union St in Aberdeen. There seems to be a particularly thick breed of pavement walker here that thinks no matter what the colour of the light they can just cross the road. I almost took this guy out and my thanks for not killing him was to get a mouthful of abuse.

We should be allowed to run these idiots down on the basis that their removal from the gene pool with colectively raise the limit for the rest of us. The worst are pensioners who wander into the road when the lights are telling them to wait and then, when you have to stop for them, smile and wave. What are you waving for you pratt !!, your standing in the middle of the road in my blinkiing way .. MOVE IT !!
    Sounds like you need to come home to chill for a few days. I was driving the other day and there was a bus and a bicycle-it was GRIDLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Errogie View Post
    Chill out, check your blood pressure, sounds like you're well on the way to blowing a road rage gasket or even better give up motoring before you damage yourself or some other fellow traveller!
    You sound like my wife.......?

Ruth is that you?

Be calm- it's only steam blowing - and it does not affect my actions, just makes me feel better.

Yup day like that too

My 21 year old forgot he wasnt getting a lift to work this morning so phoned me at 06.15 when he realised he wasnt getting to work on time unless i took him. Woke me fromt he best sleep in three days ( re enactment sleeps are rubbish) to drive him to evanton -sigh. Got home and crawled back into my warm bed to be woken five mins later by my 11 month old. No forty winks for me. My 33 month old locked himself in the bathroom this morning. Just as i was trying to get ready to go and attend a rather important meeting. He was soooo good but couldnt turn the key clockwise to unlock the door. Couldnt squeeze it under the door and couldnt open the window. Whilst I was trying to be calm "just turn the key darling" I could feel the panic rising in my tummy. Finally i got a garden fork and squeezed it under the door lifting it enough to get the key through. Got home formt he meeting with the worst headache imaginable and had to go lie down so nothing done this afternoon.

Sigh!
    Last edited by squidge; 06-Jul-10 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Yup day like that too

My 21 year old forgot he wasnt getting a lift to work this morning so phoned me at 06.15 when he realised he wasnt getting to work on time unless i took him. Woke me fromt he best sleep in three days ( re enactment sleeps are rubbish) to drive him to evanton -sigh. Got home and crawled back into my warm bed to be woken five mins later by my 11 month old. No forty wonks for me. My 33 month old locked himself in the bathroom this morning. Just as i was trying to get ready to go and attend a rather important meeting. He was soooo good but couldnt turn the key clockwise to unlock the door. Couldnt squeeze it under the door and couldnt open the window. Whilst I was trying to be calm "just turn the key darling" I could feel the panic rising in my tummy. Finally i got a garden fork and squeezed it under the door lifting it enough to get the key through. Got home formt he meeting with the worst headache imaginable and had to go lie down so nothing done this afternoon.

Sigh!
    "Finally i got a garden fork and squeezed it under the door lifting it enough to get the key through"
    Good one Squidge..
    We (Fire service) used to get kids who stuck their heads through railings; simple, turn the little darlings upside down and bring their head through - they pop out nicely....

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    We (Fire service) used to get kids who stuck their heads through railings; simple, turn the little darlings upside down and bring their head through - they pop out nicely....
    Thanks bekisman i have written that one down for future use.

Do their heads shrink when you turn them upside down?

Nah..Think they dont get their lugs stopping them!

Pity they dont have whiskers like cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    Do their heads shrink when you turn them upside down?
    No, it seems that when they first go in and by the time we get there, most of their blood has 'pooled' towards the front of their face - they are facing down, after all. By turning them over (very slowly) this excess blood is drawn - by gravity - to the back of the head, thus causing the front of their sweet little faces to loose volume (of blood), towards the back, thus making the front 'thinner' - and easier to extract.. simple..

(Dadie's right really)

Im just waiting to use the services of the firebrigade....Iona has taken to putting the little training seat for the loo over her head...the more I shout...the more she does it!....that would be a really bad day!
    Just stopped the fasination with the plughole too...

Think one of those days is just starting....
    I was feeding Euan when Lauren came through wanting breakfast... I told her to choose her cereal and put it in the bowl (to save the 10 min deciding when I got through) Mummy will get the milk in a minute ... she then went through and woke Iona and by the time I had finished feeding Euan there was a large mess of milk, orange juice and rice crispies on the floor!
    I made her clean it up...it took an hour of wailing (10 mins actual cleaning on her part but lesson learned)
    Then chucked the pair of them in the bath..(I then cleared up and washed the kichen floor). now all clean and dressed they seem intent on knocking lumps out of each other...
    And the washing machine is on the wrong program..90 degree wash that takes forever but its just cloths and towels in there!
    Euan is teething as well..
    We are all going out this afternoon... hopefully by the time we get back everyone will be in a better mood!

Never mind one of those days ...its one of those weeks!
    Tonight the filter for the water dispenser for the fridge freezer went BANG!
    flooded kitchen and family room....no mop!