Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Meeting up with the dead

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    ....snip..... I solved the problem by storing all one hundred bottles in the grid for seven across in last week's cryptic crossword. .....snip.......
    This is a highly entertaining sentence. It made me laugh and then marvel at the creativity, before worrying about the author!
    Last edited by Saveman; 08-Jan-17 at 09:53.
    You get what you give

Would love Crayola to address me.....
    She has 'such vivid thoughts'.

Quote Originally Posted by Saveman View Post
    This is a highly entertaining sentence. It made me laugh and then marvel at the creativity, before worrying about the author!
    Thank you for your kind words and for your concern. But you needn't worry. The bottles of gin are well protected in the crossword, and the safe storage protects me from drinking too much of it myself. I must remember however not to throw out the crossword during my next frantic housework binge!

I hope the gin was local Rock Rose, you can't beat it..........or if you can, which is it :-)

My liaison mage friend visited me on my computer screen at my work last week. She was two dimensional and monochrome and her lips didn’t move when she spoke clearly in her middle class Edinburgh accent. She hadn’t aged at all since the day she died almost 30 years ago. She wanted to talk about the present not the past which meant I am none the wiser regarding my best friend. She wished me happy birthday and as she spoke some lilies and a rose plant came out of the screen. I thanked her for her thoughtful gifts. She encouraged me to build my Caithness and Sutherland School of Witchcraft below the cliffs at Victoria Walk but she doesn’t wish to be acknowledged as a major donor. There are secrets concerning the origin of humanity buried in the cliffs. She vanished as quickly as she appeared as she had to read the news on the Red Planet channel five minutes previously. I wonder when I will see her again. Probably in Waitrose next to the limes and lemons?

Enchanting

More likely next to the organic lightbulbs.

Are you sure Waitrose sell organic lightbulbs?
    Last edited by crayola; 24-Mar-18 at 22:28.

As it's a quiet Sunday morning, I googled 'organic lightbulbs' (sad I know!)

OLEDs are not bulbs but films of layered organic semiconductors
    ..................Well, who knew, and it seems LED lightbulbs use the same technology. I'll check whether Waitrose sell them next time I head South :-)

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/...like-watch-tv/

Jeez, this place is dead indeed. I last posted in this thread more than 4 years ago. That was some 14 posts before this, and its still on the second page of the General tab. The rumour is true - You really need some livening up about here.

So what of Crayola. Is she still about and taking the potions?

I am a maker not a taker of potions.

Has your abstention from the Org been fruitful?

Probably. More time for making ​potions of the homebrewed variety. Essential now that Wee Krankie has insisted that supermarkets must be made to make more profit on hooch.

I didn’t see you as a disenfranchised consumer of strong cheap cider.

But you are right. Orgism has died a death around here. If we can’t bring dead Orgers back to life at least we can talk to them in the hope that they may be listening on the other side. They may even join in again if we ruffle their feathers in fun.

Not disenfranchised, but the cider needs to be very cheap. I mean, who in their right mind would pay £4.50 for 3 litres of 7.5% "Frosty Jack" or whatever was being used as an example on the news programmes last week, when you can make 25 litres of 10% plus for less than £20? Now that "Frosty Jack" is about £11 for 3 litres, then home brewing should be enjoying something of a renaissance. Especially this far away from the Carlisle and Berwick branches of Lidl.

Yes but those who rely on Frosty Jack to get through the day may not have the resources to brew up a superior product themselves. Especially if they’ve already suffered premature death. (I’m trying to keep the thread on topic. )

True - Some of my brews have caused near death experiences (challenge to stay on topic accepted....) - In fact, there have been some mornings where I thought I had actually gone.

Not sure if you meant to say "resources" above, or "initiative". A £10 food grade barrel, and all those empty Frosty Jack bottles would make in ideal home brew start up kit.

I meant ‘resources’ in both the physical and mental senses. Homeless alcoholics don’t have the former and gumption-dead daytime-tv-oholics lack the latter. Kim Il-Krankie and her cabinet won’t be affected as they wouldn’t touch Frosty Jack and they’ll benefit more if they have shares in Tesco, Asda et al.

Ah hah! Did someone say "dead Orgers"? (ish) :-)

Good to see you still jabbering away, Crayola!

Good grief! Dead Orgers are coming out of the woodwork everywhere!

welcome home J4bber.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789