Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting up with the dead

Your brain is producing quite a lot of output - maybe you should write the novella.

But the title of your thread is meeting the dead, and this is where people get confounded. Many just don't believe in such tripe. Others do, because they have experienced things they cannot explain. I've had a few things happen to me which are just weird - like the ghost in my house - but I do not wish to take over your thread.

Suffice to say that I have come to believe that there is something in this stuff. I'm not religious either.

I have some loose connections with the new Scottish Writers' Centre and I'm thinking of applying for the MLitt in Creative Writing at Glasgow Uni.

Some believe we communicate with the dead via a cosmic consciousness field that permeates the universe. Others believe that the field was created by aliens and they use it to communicate instantaneously over cosmic distances.

Others are simply mad.

I was on the Isle of Skye and it was pouring - no weather for cycling so I checked into B and B. The next morning it was still pouring so I asked to stay another night - which was fine. Having secured a dry place for the night I decided on a 40 mile circular ride from Portree in the rain to have a look at the land.

An hour's cycling after breakfast I needed a pee more than ever in life but could not. I am a modest man and there was no cover on the road where I was - with dozens of cars passing me, snouts pressed to the window with nothing more in the desert landscape to stare at but the mad cyclist in the rain.

I came to the coast almost mad with the need, and saw a clump of trees between the road and the sea - and sped towards it, jumping off my bike and running down a path twixt a high wall and the road embankment.
    It was a cemetery. I could not do what I wished to do in there.

Frantic I opened the iron gate which creaked and looked at tall trees and overgrown graves. To great joy I saw that the wall of the cemetery had fallen outwards into a field so I trotted to it and saw a stream underneath flowing direct into the sea. Standing on the pile of fallen wall I let loose Niagara into the stream outside the wall. Looking sideways I saw a ruined church overgrown with ivy down near the sea and thought I would go and look at it.

I finished, turned - and a voice between my ears said diamond clear 'Get out!'

I did not argue or think about it but I walked up through the cemetery and out the gate. Yes walked - I felt like running but did not, for every hair on my head was prickling.

Reaching my bike I did 45 mph on a slightly downwards road for a mile - I was very fit in those days.

My wife wants to go there.

Well she may do so. But I will wait in the car; with the engine running.

wow can i have some of that please?

No - it's all mine - and the bottle's nearly empty!

Surely you can save a glass for me John?

Pretty sure that stuff could take me to the moon and back

Cuvee Chasseur 2009. It would be finished by the time you got here!

Unless you were referring to the 45mph in which I jest you not- but it was quite an experience to have I do assure you.

And I was stone sober!

I wonder about my daughter Lauren and her imaginary friend!
    Is her imaginary friends real/someone I cannot see ie a ghost etc... or her imagination on overdrive!
    And do I indulge this or tell her its not real?
    And my hubby sometimes says I predict things before they happen that are out the ordinary and I know who is phoning at the 1st ring sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    I <snip>

Others are simply mad.
    I read all of your post and will go with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    I wonder about my daughter Lauren and her imaginary friend!
    Is her imaginary friends real/someone I cannot see ie a ghost etc... or her imagination on overdrive!
    And do I indulge this or tell her its not real?
    And my hubby sometimes says I predict things before they happen that are out the ordinary and I know who is phoning at the 1st ring sometimes...

Children are very "open" to everything around them, society then tends to quash this in children and they then close down these senses as they seek to "fit in" with the rest of society.

Your childs imaginary friend could be anyone, it could be an angelic presence, it could be someone in your family who has passed over, anyone. Why dont you ask your child to describe the friend or get more information from her?

We live in a world with limited senses. We are bound by the human condition of only being able to see a certain spectrum of colour/light and hear within a certain sound range. Most of society will state that anything that is outwith this range of senses doesnt exist. But we breathe air and cant see it and it exits. Dogs can hear sounds that humans cannot but that doesnt mean the sound doesnt exist.

Those amongs the human race who have learnt to open themselves up and to extend their range of senses are those who are clairaudient, clairvoyant, clairsentient. We could all with some training and work be able to do this.

There are also those who CLAIM to have broadened their human senses and have not, thus creating doubt amongst society.

Just because we cannot see it with our eyes does not mean something does not exits, just because we cannot hear something also doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

The human body is a limited vehicle if you want to describe it as such. There is a lot more to the world than we can feel, hear,see and experience.

K

Was my escape from Pennyland Farm merely an illusion? Am I already dead?

I lost my hand in accident two nights ago and was surprised to discover it was attached with wires. Am I a plant from the spirit world?

Yep - a Triffid!

My brain is like a Tardis. I can dream a whole movie in less than a minute.

The power of the mind dont diss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bucket View Post
    The power of the mind dont diss it.
    Our minds are powerful Mrs B but you can't say the same for everyone.

Hmmn one of Laurens imaginary friends is a pink mouse... definately think that one is make believe

I was engaged in some extra-curricular activity with my ex-husband early this morning when I was visited by John Little and George Brims. Why I should have chosen that pair to visit me during my Saturday morning slumbers is currently beyond my conscious ken, but choose them I somehow did. I have forgotten why they came and what happened when they arrived but I shall inform you if and when I remember.

Quote John Little: “Your brain is producing quite a lot of output”

Quote Crayola: “I have some loose connections”

Possible explaination?
    Last edited by ducati; 13-Jun-10 at 05:21. Reason: formatting

I came to tell you that George Brims wanted to talk to you.
    I even dragged him with me, and very unwilling he was. But when I got him there he was too shy to speak - the great lunk!

I'll stick with this bottle of Glenfiddich. I may have an out of body experience in about three hours.....

..and awake to find the the angels have taken more than their fair share and left me staring, bleary eyed, at an empty bottle.

B...d angels.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast