Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meeting up with the dead

Default Meeting up with the dead

Yesterday, I was walking down one of the main roads with my father in the centre of a city I used to live in when I saw someone I once knew very well but whom I hadn't seen for over twenty years. I greeted her with a smile and a hug and asked how she was. She looked well and she smiled and said she was fine but she looked a little puzzled. I realised later this was because she thought she was invisible to me. I asked what she was doing these days and she replied that she was a 'liaison mage'. For a second, I wondered what this meant but then I realised the enormity of the experience. It suddenly dawned on me that my friend had died more than 20 years ago and she was now working as a liaison officer between our world and 'the other side'. It was clearly an important job. I think she could read my mind because she seemed happy with my reaction. I asked where she lived, she said her base was hidden below the surface of Mars but she spent a lot of time on Earth liaising with people here. I said it was good to see her and that we should catch up with each other properly soon but I had to dash off and catch up with my father before he got lost in the ruined buildings we were about to visit. At this point she stood up to her full eight feet in height and bade me farewell. I ran down the street and found my father waiting by the gate. I didn't tell him about my experience.

I awoke this morning feeling rather puzzled but feeling happy that I still remembered my former friend after all these years.

What do you think? Have you had a similar experience?
    Last edited by crayola; 08-Feb-09 at 17:55. Reason: important not importat

Phew! for a second there I thought you were about to suggest some kind of rendezvous.

An 'importal' job might have been a beter description of your friends role in the universe. I have only occassionally come across deceased people in my dreams - which pleases me because some of my waking (working) hours find me surrounded by the living dead.

Told just a little better, the kind of tale you relate could have my flesh breaking out in bumps and my few remaining hairs upended. For I am open minded and receptive to the kind of experience you describe.

Feel free to use your literary talents to improve it percy, I would be delighted.

My immediate reaction is 'what a load of twaddle' closely followed by 'what the hell where you on?'

This may not be the reaction you were after but everyone is entitled to their viewpoint - even little owld me
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Default In dreams I walk with you....

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Feel free to use your literary talents to improve it percy, I would be delighted.
    Oh! if we could conjure up our loved ones in dreams, and at will.

Far be it from me Crayola to embellish your words , but thank you anyway.

It is interesting to share tales of these vivid experiences and I'm at least glad they bring you some comfort. Others might be less sanguine , regarding such nocturnal visitations as a kind of technicolour trauma.

I'm open minded, as I say....Sometimes my dreams are vivid. So much so that waking has been a disappointment - not often, but sometimes.

All of which allows me to harbour hope that all is not what we can see , feel and hear...there may well be something beyond the mortal and conscious state most of us cling to.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    My immediate reaction is 'what a load of twaddle' closely followed by 'what the hell where you on?'
    Thats pretty much what I was thinking too.

One mans twaddle is another mans tosh are anothers mans dreams.
    I'm as cynical as the next person sometimes but it takes all sorts to make a world.
    Some feel the need to share experiences. Others feel the need to lampoon, or denigrate. All are valid, if they're constructive.

I feel as relaxed as a relaxed thing this afternoon - in another mood I might have jumped on the twaddle button.

Have you any vivid dreams Changi - that you'll share? I'm afraid I forget mine all too often. Average - are your dreams as mundane as your moniker?

I have dabbled with ouija boards - several decades ago - and they frit me a bit. I played the fool with them sometimes and frit others...I was young and foolish.
    Last edited by percy toboggan; 08-Feb-09 at 17:30. Reason: are for is

I have very vivid dreams Percy, to the extent that I have to check them out on waking.

Very vivid dreams, but I think dreams is just a way of your brain dealing with what is happening to you when you are awake.

I often dream of my nana who died many years ago, it doesnt mean she is at my side just that I am thinking about her and how she would have advised me had she been alive.
    Last edited by changilass; 08-Feb-09 at 17:40. Reason: edited as giving too much info
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I was most enamoured with the concept of a 'liaison mage'. Goodness knows where that expression came from but I was pleased that my friend was doing such an important job and apparently doing it well. She always was a perfectionist.
    Last edited by crayola; 08-Feb-09 at 18:00.

You certainly continue to bring something "different" to the forum, compared to other posters Crayola, and I have to admit to thinking along the same lines as changilass and Average. I often dream about people who no longer walk this earth but find it hard to be like you and remember it all in so much detail. Sweet Dreams.

I awoke this morning feeling rather puzzled but feeling happy that I still remembered my former friend after all these years.

What do you think?
    I think cheese at supper time = bad idea.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Dreams can usually give pointers to where we are going wrong in our conscious life so perhaps the visit by the friend is to make you aware of something. Sometimes it could be the respected qualities of that person is what you need to look at, maybe change something within yourself. No-one knows for definite why we dream, scientist's are still probing the mystery of it all. Why can't they just accept it's something we do. Some mysteries are better not solved-allow us that little luxury, especially cos it's one thing Governments will never have control over lol

I've had some great dreams over the years from dead people, many times, like others, I've had that feeling of deja vu, probably from a dream I've had. I'd rather not know why I get the dreams, I just enjoy that I do.

Yesterday, I was walking down one of the main roads with my father in the centre of a city I used to live in

...soon but I had to dash off and catch up with my father before he got lost in the ruined buildings we were about to visit.

...I ran down the street and found my father waiting by the gate. I didn't tell him about my experience.

What do you think?
    Interesting dream Crayola.

I think the role of your father is interesting too.

The city you 'used to live in', the 'ruined buildings you are about to visit', and the fact that your father was 'waiting by a gate' in the dream. Past life, future visits, and waiting. Gotta mean something .

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post

This may not be the reaction you were after but everyone is entitled to their viewpoint - even little owld me
    Ha ha, that made me laugh, i was thinking the same

Default meeting up with the dead

Yesterday, I was walking down one of the main roads with my father in the centre of a city I used to live in when I saw someone I once knew very well but whom I hadn't seen for over twenty years. I greeted her with a smile and a hug and asked how she was. She looked well and she smiled and said she was fine but she looked a little puzzled. I realised later this was because she thought she was invisible to me. I asked what she was doing these days and she replied that she was a 'liaison mage'. For a second, I wondered what this meant but then I realised the enormity of the experience. It suddenly dawned on me that my friend had died more than 20 years ago and she was now working as a liaison officer between our world and 'the other side'. It was clearly an important job. I think she could read my mind because she seemed happy with my reaction. I asked where she lived, she said her base was hidden below the surface of Mars but she spent a lot of time on Earth liaising with people here. I said it was good to see her and that we should catch up with each other properly soon but I had to dash off and catch up with my father before he got lost in the ruined buildings we were about to visit. At this point she stood up to her full eight feet in height and bade me farewell. I ran down the street and found my father waiting by the gate. I didn't tell him about my experience.

What do you think? Have you had a similar experience?
    every morning i am able two tell my carerwho i meet last night who have pssed on .even of parcels coming to her .of being told what to do. never free the voices are there .ihave two angels good and bad .guide me .

I remember dreaming of seeing my father driving a wooden church looking for somewhere to stop so as he could go fishing... very strange really as he never went to church and had never fished in his life.
    I interpret this to him being happy and contented with his death as well as life, and happy for my life and the way it is unfolding...

Angel...

Default hi

this is an intresting subject i had a dream my nana who past away 2 years ago god bless was calling me marie i remember saying nana its me and she said i know then once again called me marie i told my sister about it and the werid thing was that her and my other sister was going to see a psychic called marie werid eh?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

when I was growing up me and my nana always used to say we would meet up when she was dead right until her last breath we used to say 'see you at the other side'. I feel she is right beside me all the time.

I often dream of those past over, especially if I want to ask them something or know something. They never let me down, even if what I see seems random on awaking, it always makes sense in the cold light of day

Interesting thread. I've had some pretty weird happenings at the time of loved ones passing away - I wasn't with them at the time.

My Dad passed away last year, I've been hoping he would be back to visit...but alas nothing yet...I live in hope.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast