Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Meeting up with the dead

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Gulp!

You mean you had a date with Simon Price?

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1t:429,r:0,s:0

This was the 1980s John. We had real devils then. Including She-devils. One lived at Number 10.

Last night I was having dinner with a dear friend through in Wick. After the main course I left my friend's husband sleeping and went out for some air while my host prepared the dessert. Unfortunately I'd partaken of a little too much fine white wine and I became lost in the underground shopping centre. I found my way into the street where I met a young girl who seemed to know me by reputation. We chatted about personal issues until a man with a hood and no face started moving towards us. His scythe had such a long handle that he repeatedly tripped over it. This gave my new friend and I the opportunity to cadge a lift with the driver of a passing model T Ford. This was my first encounter with the dead in my county since my adventure at Pennyland Farm.

Oh, crayola, I so miss the fun old days.

Now that through your adventures you have warned us to watch out for other world friends, I'll keeper closer watch and pay more attention to the familiar people I see in the streets.

I was wondering if your past life friends move around. See, I don't know anybody who has lived in Lerwick. Maybe I'm not able to make the same contacts you can while I reside here.

On a somewhat different topic, Lerwick and Shetland are absolutely beautiful. 5 days of 40mph wind cleans out the atmosphere and one can breathe pure unpolluted air.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilledcashew View Post

The evidence seems pretty convincing that only humans dream, which kicks into touch the idea that dreaming has any evolutionary adaptive function.
    Welcome to the org!

I would be interested in the sources of your "evidence"

-- only because, I vividly recall my dog in Scarfskerry having one very exciting day out roaming the village with me. He sprung a hare and had a good long chase.

That evening, in his usual four-paws-up sleeping posture, he relived his experience yelping as he had done during the real pursuit, and moving his legs/bending his back in his "flat-out" speed running action. Good thing he was on the floor.

If that wasn't dreaming, then . . . . but the evidence will have to be convincing!

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Last night I was having dinner with a dear friend through in Wick. After the main course I left my friend's husband sleeping and went out for some air while my host prepared the dessert. Unfortunately I'd partaken of a little too much fine white wine and I became lost in the underground shopping centre. I found my way into the street where I met a young girl who seemed to know me by reputation. We chatted about personal issues until a man with a hood and no face started moving towards us. His scythe had such a long handle that he repeatedly tripped over it. This gave my new friend and I the opportunity to cadge a lift with the driver of a passing model T Ford. This was my first encounter with the dead in my county since my adventure at Pennyland Farm.
    Right, so where do you get this fine white wine?

Aye it may have been fine and white but the hallucinogenic properties of the wine ( ahem ) seem astounding

the fine white wine came from my friend's wine store in her pantry. I'm unsure about whether the dead travel in the afterlife. To sleep, perchance to dream? Yes but we know not where.

Did she get it from Tesco?

It must have been good gear before it knocked her man out before pudding, and she herself must be able to take a good bucket if she can continue with making the sweet while her man sleeps it off, and her guest is on a "trip" around Wick!

She got the wine from her pantry and her husband was asleep in his bed even before I arrived! Last night I met a young woman with the same name as a girl I was at school with. She is 22 but she looks 12. I'm still not sure if this is good or bad.

Co-incidentally, last night, I too met a woman with the same name as a girl I was at school with. But then, I do know quite a few Alisons. She is about 40, but looked about 50, if thats any help. Don't tell her I said that though....

This young woman's first and second names were the same as those of the girl I was at school with and she wasn't called Alison. I'd like to take my old trusty Nimbus 2000 for a trip around the sun in search of comet remnants. Anyone fancy a twosome tonight? It could be a dream come true.
    Last edited by crayola; 30-Nov-13 at 12:31.

I'll go. My work is done for the day. But the wind is fierce in Shetland right now and I fear that your broom wouldn't be able to land.

I'm sorry I missed you. There's no need to land in the wind because we headed south before launching from the equator. It was a fine night for a flight with no clouds and very little breeze even at high altitude. We tracked the comet which will be heading our way soon. Join us next time and your dream can come true.

I would really like that. Please keep me on your list of potential guests for the trip.

I'm not so fussed about the flight, but if you could put my name down for a case of that fine white wine....

I shall pass on your request to my friend although as far as I know she doesn't deliver to the islands.

I shall invite you sooner on to my next flight canuck.

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    I'm not so fussed about the flight, but if you could put my name down for a case of that fine white wine....
    You'll probably find some at nigellas

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    You'll probably find some at nigellas
    don't you mean some fine white powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    don't you mean some fine white powder?
    I would never dare make such a libellous statement with all the court proceedings going on. Are you related to Peaches by any chance :0))

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast