Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie soundtracks

Default Movie soundtracks

Anyone want to volunteer their favourite movie soundtracks? Here's a puckle o soundtracks/scores i would contend are vital listening.

Everything Bernard Hermann did, including the classic Hitchcock scores-Vertigo, North By Northwest and Psycho are fantastic. Cape Fear is another brilliant work as is the haunting jazz score for Taxi Driver.

Anything be Ennio Morricone-he didnt just do the Metallica entrance music y'ken! Once Upon A Time in America is extra special.

Honourable mention goes to Star Wars, Apocalypse Now, Terminator 2, The Taking Of Pelham 123 and The Rivers Edge which had mostly Slayer songs as its soundtrack.

Cazart!
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

I agree with your sentiments regarding Ennio Morricone, one of the most prolific composer's of the 20th century.

A good thread, I'll need to go and think of more composers.

Mamma Mia! (OK sad to some, but its the ultimate cheese fest and I love it )
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Top Gun gotta be a classic, and showing my age Footloose and The lost boys.

dirty dancing. footloose and lost boys for sure oh and coyote ugly.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

clockwork orange
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Default Movie soundtracks

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Great film great songs

Love Ennio Morricone............especially The Secrets of the Sahara...... and everythingelse he has ever composed.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    dirty dancing. footloose and lost boys for sure oh and coyote ugly.
    She's like the wind.........oh and My heart will go on (Titanic)

Diva! classical but amazing music if you cope with subtitles.

bladerunner

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.ROY'S DEATH BLADE RUNNER 1982

LOL BDE was just watching that tonight (for the millionth time!) and revelling in Vangelis' superb music - it's my alltime favourite film!

Surprised noone mentioned The Blues Brothers.

The Long Good Friday also has some really good music. Great movie too.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

Barber's, Adagio for Strings from Platoon. Sends shivers down my spine.
    Last edited by erli; 10-Feb-09 at 20:01. Reason: Spelling Mistake

Good topic!

I like pretty much any music from Quentin Tarantino films. O Brother Where Art Thou is also excellent. This Is England as well!

Braveheart!
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Tron (all hail Wendy Carlos)
    Do The Right Thing (Spike Lee's dad composed the orchestral music)
    12 Monkeys
    Harold & Maude (for the Cat Stevens tunes)
    Betty Blue (that duo piano piece is a tear-jerker)

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Anything be Ennio Morricone-he didnt just do the Metallica entrance music y'ken! Once Upon A Time in America is extra special.
    Cazart!
    Buddyrich ... I think you mean 'Once Upon a Time in the West' ... I can't argue with your comment about it being extra special though.

Also on my list is Bugsy Malone (the one with Jodie Foster and Scott Baio as kids), the Italian Job (Michael Caine version), Deliverance (I've many a fond memory of dancing manically to Duelling Banjos as a child), Top Gun, Dirty Dancing and of course no list would be complete without the absolute genius cult classic .... the Rocky Horror Picture Show.... just a sweet tranvestite from transexual Transylvaniiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

[quote=bremkins;502097]Buddyrich ... I think you mean 'Once Upon a Time in the West' ...quote]

No i do actually mean Once Upon A Time in America. It includes the rather hauntingly beautiful Deborah's Theme.

Morricone also did the score for Once Upon A Time In The West, Fistful Of Dynamite, Fistful of Dollars,.....Few Dollars More and of course The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

[QUOTE=buddyrich;502454]
    Quote Originally Posted by bremkins View Post
    Buddyrich ... I think you mean 'Once Upon a Time in the West' ...quote]

No i do actually mean Once Upon A Time in America. It includes the rather hauntingly beautiful Deborah's Theme.

Morricone also did the score for Once Upon A Time In The West, Fistful Of Dynamite, Fistful of Dollars,.....Few Dollars More and of course The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
    Well I stand corrected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast