Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: amounts of snow

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW! Have been out to play and already all my footprints are covered! i am SO giddy!
    oot at shebster ye cana see e sheep in e field cross e rod ........
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    YUCH!!! It is snowing heavy and it is getting quite thick on the ground. This means I am stuck in the house

Tugmistress do you know when this will stop?

I hope it is soon as I have a urgent Doctor's appointment and I might have to miss it due to the Snow.

K
    Hi Kodiak,
    we are cold enough for snow until at least friday! i was expecting quite a fall tomorrow but thought today would be like yesterday ! will send you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    oot at shebster ye cana see e sheep in e field cross e rod ........

i keep running out to the back garden playing in it!

I want to go sledging!!

Every time i sit down i stand up again to look at the snow! Hardly sat down for 5 mins to eat ma lunch!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Hooray I love the snow! It's just not very practical for getting around in the car though! And I was supposed to have a riding lesson tomorrow but it doesn't look likely now!!!

i must admit i have the biggest stupidest grin on my face ever! just home from lunch shift and have actually had to use 4 wheel drive to get up the lane to my house!

If it keeps coming down, you may end up having to walk up the lane Tuggs.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Talking

i keep running out to the back garden playing in it!

I want to go sledging!!

Every time i sit down i stand up again to look at the snow! Hardly sat down for 5 mins to eat ma lunch!!
    daft lassie !! wish i could see you!! What's baby doing?/
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Yay! We're finally getting the snow we were supposed to last week! I was not impressed when I looked over to Orkney and saw the snow on Hoy but there was none in Thurso!! Just not right!

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    If it keeps coming down, you may end up having to walk up the lane Tuggs.
    hehe you could be right! with the compacted ice from the previous few days the lane is 'interesting' right now! it is anyway at the best of times too! wonder if my dogs would like to pretend to be sled dogs later? lmao

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    daft lassie !! wish i could see you!! What's baby doing?/
    i am daft! I just cana sit down!!! My OH is just as bad as me tho!!

He is sitting happily in his snow suit all wrapped up with us when we went out briefly! The look resembled maggie simpson in her star suit!!! Cudna move a limb for bein wrapped up! Infact could hardly see him!!

The cat disna look too pleased with the snow!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Heavy here too! My dog wont go outside when its raining BUT when theres snow she refuses to come in she is outside just now and looks like a womble that has come off loser in a snowball fight x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

i am daft! I just cana sit down!!! My OH is just as bad as me tho!!

He is sitting happily in his snow suit all wrapped up with us when we went out briefly! The look resembled maggie simpson in her star suit!!! Cudna move a limb for bein wrapped up! Infact could hardly see him!!

The cat disna look too pleased with the snow!
    OK so your OH is all wrapped up in his snow suit unable to move or be seen ... but what anneoctober asked was "what's the baby doing?"

Quote Originally Posted by laguna2 View Post
    OK so your OH is all wrapped up in his snow suit unable to move or be seen ... but what anneoctober asked was "what's the baby doing?"
    haha he is the same! I have no time to get a jacket on me...to excited that i just keep running out the house! Lol!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Woohoo proper snow!

Just back from Wick and the roads are iffy so be careful if you have to drive.

It's so pretty out there
    Me thinks there could be no school tomorrow
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

It is getting real heavy now is the Snow, here is a Pic from my front door :-

K
    Last edited by Kodiak; 10-Feb-09 at 16:06.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

it is the same at my house!

Snow day for kids tomorrow probably!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default Amounts of Snow

I am so pleased all you orgers got your snow I was beginning to think it was just me with all the snow we have had since last Wed now the forecast is for more snow tomorrow grrr
    we have not seen a gritter or pavement sander in our street so I have not been out since last Tuesday still they are keeping the main roads clear last night the temp was -8 All the compacted snow is in piles of 2 -3ft ft dotted around from people clearing there drives etc
    still the Refuse men made it yesterday thank goodness as we have fortnightly pick up so well done to them

Enjoy Stay Safe and Warm and get the Soup on !!
    Its nice to be nice

ERRR! Snow coming down like a good 'un again, Tugs, are we going to get 10cm today, that's what they said on the weather this morning?

please no! was delighted yesterday, kids had a ball, but now I want to go to Nairn!! and I am not driving in this, it is snowing there too!! should have gone at 10pm last night - the live eye camera was showing a black road then. aarrgggghhh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast