Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: amounts of snow

Just looked at the live cams over scotland. Helmsdale - its snowing really bad. Aviemore - snowing really bad etc etc etc...

I just want snow to build a snowman!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default bowline

spittal has loads of snow its not far for you to come

Quote Originally Posted by bowline View Post
    spittal has loads of snow its not far for you to come
    Wudna be fair taking the bairns oota bed!! haha! Oh and i dont drive!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Just looked at the live cams over scotland. Helmsdale - its snowing really bad. Aviemore - snowing really bad etc etc etc...

I just want snow to build a snowman!
    Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Edinburgh Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45.
    Last edited by Venture; 07-Feb-09 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Glasgow Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45.
    Have a look because it updates very regular

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Edinburgh Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45.
    Just collected hubby from Inverness ................. it was a bit iffy around Golspie and Brora but okay for most of the drive cant say about further south. Hope he has a good holiday

Well that's the snow back on again here in Wick. It's light snow but is snowing enough and cold enough for the roads and pavements to be covered again. What's the bets the sun will come out again tomorrow and melt it. It's like a cycle. Snow-Sun-Rain-Snow-Sun-Rain.

loads of snow coming up from Edinburgh today........stopped just after the Halkirk turnoff!>!>

I took a fair few out of the car window and have posted them in the photograpy section

I have been sledging! Im happy now!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

There's plenty of snow in Rumster.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Default Snow

I have just been up the river for a walk with the dog to as far as Lower Gillock and its deep and crisp and even, with a nearly full moon and very cold and fresh and very invigourating
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I drove up from Inverness yesterday evening and it didn't get any milder than -2 degrees, -4 in some places.

What's the most reliable website for local weather, I went by the met office site and it didn't mention any of the conditions I encountered yesteday?
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Not too relevant to your question Tugs, but here in Lake Arrowhead, California, we have about a foot of the white stuff. It looks like a Christmas card out my window.

Quote Originally Posted by George Brims View Post
    Not too relevant to your question Tugs, but here in Lake Arrowhead, California, we have about a foot of the white stuff. It looks like a Christmas card out my window.
    In the afternoon here in Thurso it was like a Christmas card too...

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    I drove up from Inverness yesterday evening and it didn't get any milder than -2 degrees, -4 in some places.

What's the most reliable website for local weather, I went by the met office site and it didn't mention any of the conditions I encountered yesteday?
    There's this one: http://www.scottishweather.net/

and this is Tugmistress' website: http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.p...apper&Itemid=8

and I like this one to see what the wind is doing and if you double click on the arrows it also gives you a weather forecast: http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I like to keep in touch with the weather!!

Thanks for the links ett23, I'm really impressed with Tugg's weather site, there's a load of info there, right up my street that is.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Snowed here for about 10 mins yesterday. Time before that was March 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    where still has some snow? i'm not talking a dusting, i mean enough to crunch under your feet
    i fancy taking a drive later for some pictures but would like a direction to head in
    On Friday morning (early) I tried to drive to school and got a phone call when I was only 2 miles away to say that it was closed. The conditions were appalling - the worst I have ever driven in. School was open today and they still had a good covering of about 5".
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW! Have been out to play and already all my footprints are covered! i am SO giddy!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

YUCH!!! It is snowing heavy and it is getting quite thick on the ground. This means I am stuck in the house

Tugmistress do you know when this will stop?

I hope it is soon as I have a urgent Doctor's appointment and I might have to miss it due to the Snow.

K

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast