Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over The Wall: Thurso and Wick

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Im friends with you both and shouldnt get involved but hell, here we go eh!? How about turning it on it's head-if someone moves away from here to pursue a career that wouldnt otherwise be possible, they suddenly get bad pr because they've somehow rejected this golden land of the north to go to the 'pretentious poncey big city'.

Thats an unfortunate small-town attitude.
    Yup, I'm agree with most of that, Perticus.

But throw in a "Oh, look at all you peasants still living in the backwaters of Caithness" attitude and what says you then, squire? It works both ways.

You yourself have lived away from the Golden Land, yet you didn't engender anything like the disdain pointed at others - simply because you don't look down your nose at those who didn't leave.

Anyway, back on topic: The song is rubbish. So let it be written, so let it be done. Cazart! indeed.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Yup, I'm agree with most of that, Perticus.

But throw in a "Oh, look at all you peasants still living in the backwaters of Caithness" attitude and what says you then, squire? It works both ways.

You yourself have lived away from the Golden Land, yet you didn't engender anything like the disdain pointed at others - simply because you don't look down your nose at those who didn't leave.

Anyway, back on topic: The song is rubbish. So let it be written, so let it be done. Cazart! indeed.
    Dude, really, you're starting to sound like a sociopath. I live in a small town the size of Thurso, live on the breadline, and can't afford to drink in wine bars on Edinburgh's George Street. Neither do I look down my nose at anybody: in my financial state there's little to do other than look up it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrich View Post
    Slaggin off Thurso?????

Right THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!

OOTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it snowing in edinburgh? My mates driving down there.
    Typical response from our less evolved, uncouth teenabowlie neighbours!haha!

there is a bit of snow but its not snowing. nothing at all really!

But throw in a "Oh, look at all you peasants still living in the backwaters of Caithness"
    That is actually a factual statement, we're all a bunch of hillbillies compared to yon city folks

The big words are coming out now!
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

Nothing wrong with a bit of sesquipedalianism mate. You should try it sometime.

Your just making words up now!

Not the first time I've been compared to Shakespeare, right enough, but alas unfounded this time.

Not the first time I've been compared to Shakespeare, right enough, but alas unfounded this time.

Is that a confession to the shirt liffter thing?

Getting back to the original thread...

I received a message via my MySpace from Gav from Over The Wall. Here's what he had to say:

"It's weird we've actually met a few people from Thurso at our gigs over the past couple of weeks. My mate is a surfer and he says surfers love the tune too, for obvious reasons. We can develop some sort of cult based entirely on the name of a song. Or maybe not. I've got family up there and it's about travelling up there with my dad and about getting old in a remote place."

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    Is that a confession to the shirt liffter thing?
    Why the obsession with the lifting of shirts?

Oh...wait...it's to do with aspirations, isn't it, eh?

Nothing wrong with a bit of sesquipedalianism mate.
    Ses wit aboot aliens??

Enough of the Hippopotomonstrosesquipedalians please, you'll joost confuse e yokels
    Last edited by Gizmo; 11-Feb-09 at 09:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Hippopotomonstrosesquipedalians
    Nice one!

I once had a dog called spot.Does that qualify me to write big words and annoy the hell out of people?. Does the fact that I like campbells meatballs make me able to post such nonsense? 2 Grown men talking about Caithness but deviating enough to add insults to injury.What does it all mean?
    I am as confused as a teenabowlie with a bar of soap!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I once had a dog called spot.Does that qualify me to write big words and annoy the hell out of people?. Does the fact that I like campbells meatballs make me able to post such nonsense? 2 Grown men talking about Caithness but deviating enough to add insults to injury.What does it all mean?
    I am as confused as a teenabowlie with a bar of soap!!!!!
    See Metalattakk, i told you it would confuse the yokels

The fact that i like meatballs should spell it out clearly!!!!. I am not confused about Life but am confused as to why snow is white,and why car tyres are round. It may be trivial to some but then again so is Wick/Thurso over the wall!!!
    I once was a metal head and did an Interview for the Scotsman about Small town mindset, so I am qualified to rule on this debate!
    Metal stop it,you know how sensitive pepsi is.
    pepsi stop it, you know metal loves any excuse to pull out his dic-tionary!!!!
    debate over move on people nothing to see here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    The fact that i like meatballs should spell it out clearly!!!!. I am not confused about Life but am confused as to why snow is white,and why car tyres are round. It may be trivial to some but then again so is Wick/Thurso over the wall!!!
    I once was a metal head and did an Interview for the Scotsman about Small town mindset, so I am qualified to rule on this debate!
    Metal stop it,you know how sensitive pepsi is.
    pepsi stop it, you know metal loves any excuse to pull out his dic-tionary!!!!
    debate over move on people nothing to see here!!!
    Mmmmm...Step away from the crack pipe ghetto boi

what the hell is goin on

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Mmmmm...Step away from the crack pipe ghetto boi
    Me crack pipe is full of Juice and gin Homey!!!

This thread can be summed up in a oner...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast