Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Might we have a film board?

Default Might we have a film board?

It's been mentioned before but as far as I'm aware not exhaustively.
    Is there any room on this site for a film section?
    It'd be a good way of minimising my input to the 'general' board and I'm sure others might fancy the idea of exchanging news and reviews.

I've just ordered three and bought one:
    The Painted Veil

Kalifornia
    The Valley of Elah
    Junebug

for us holiday in Fife.
    Also planning a trip to Dundee's multi-plex....hoping Benny Button will be on...might spend the day there and watch t'Wrestler en'all.

A film section would be good!

I enjoyed "The day the earth stood still" last week! It was rather good!

I do enjoy my movies! Have over 500 DVD's! Dont believe in "pirate" copies really. Would rather buy the dvd to enjoy it without the guy infront needing the toilet!

What genre movies does people enjoy?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    A film section would be good!

I enjoyed "The day the earth stood still" last week! It was rather good!

I do enjoy my movies! Have over 500 DVD's! Dont believe in "pirate" copies really. Would rather buy the dvd to enjoy it without the guy infront needing the toilet!

What genre movies does people enjoy?
    Is it only guys that go to the toilet in cinemas then?

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Is it only guys that go to the toilet in cinemas then?
    Yes....we women are like camels!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Yeah a film section would be a good idea.I'm like shelly and enjoy watching film's and have a large collection of DVD's and videos.
    I enjoy seeing what other peeps think of a film and if it is the same as mine. Could be a simple post of a brief description and a mark out of ten.

As to "The day the earth stood still" gonna have to disagree with ya shelly I was looking forward to this film but found it rather disapointing with Keanu reeves acting leaving much to be desired and below par effect's. 5/10.

Thumbs up film section

good idea percy,i love the old black n white films.

Forget a films-only section; why not have an Entertainments Section, with stickies for those giving reviews on Books, Film and Music? Eh? Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Forget a films-only section; why not have an Entertainments Section, with stickies for those giving reviews on Books, Film and Music? Eh? Eh?
    Or even better still a REVIEW section that covers all of the above!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by youoldduffer View Post
    Yeah a film section would be a good idea.I'm like shelly and enjoy watching film's and have a large collection of DVD's and videos.
    I enjoy seeing what other peeps think of a film and if it is the same as mine. Could be a simple post of a brief description and a mark out of ten.

As to "The day the earth stood still" gonna have to disagree with ya shelly I was looking forward to this film but found it rather disapointing with Keanu reeves acting leaving much to be desired and below par effect's. 5/10.
    I was disapointed with the ending i have to say! I enjoyed the story line it was following though! But yes they could have done better with a few things! i would give it 7/10.

My al-time favourite film has to be Pans Labyrinth! 10/10 for that film! The spanish makes the movie! I absolutely love it!

I do love movies!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Melvich - the wrong side o' the split stane

A couple of my fave films are "The Boondock Saints" and "Who is Cletis Tout" - both of which no one else seems to have heard of. Any orgers out there seen them?
    Agree that Pan's Labyrinth is excellent.
    Good idea for a thread BTW.

Default Er...

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    good idea percy,i love the old black n white films.
    That you include both of these sentiments in the same sentence suggests a possible pop....but I'm sure you don't mean to restrict me to the museum pieces butterfly old gal.

Truth is though I am also a fan of the monochrome masterpiece, the throwbacks of yesteryear like 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre' and many, many others.

If we dunna get one on 'ere I'll set one up on facebook....in the crinkly wrinkly section near the back.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Yes....we women are like camels!
    Too true-you take the hump too easily.

Hmph!!!

Joking!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by attielattie View Post
    A couple of my fave films are "The Boondock Saints" and "Who is Cletis Tout" - both of which no one else seems to have heard of. Any orgers out there seen them?
    I've seen The Boondock Saints-seemed a bit slow to begin with but turned out to be a very good film.

It's only in last 3 or 4 years I've developed a real interest in films so a Film Section would be good for someone like myself-read and try catch up on others recommendations.

i think it is a great idea

film is a huge thing, and can easily justify a large slot

Behave you two, do you want to get me into trouble? The temptation to comment is really tempting but I think it would not only take the thread off topic but get my wrists slapped as well.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    Behave you two, do you want to get me into trouble? The temptation to comment is really tempting but I think it would not only take the thread off topic but get my wrists slapped as well.
    Jox started it!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by attielattie View Post
    I love the Boondock Saints.(Have it on DVD) Haven't seen "Who is Cletis Tout."

I think Guillermo Del Toro puts great atmosphere into his films. Pan's Labyrinth is a great film as is The Devil's Backbone. Just watched his new one "The Orphanage" the other night. Another good one.

One of my favourite films is "Leon", I think Jean Reno is great.

Most of the films I watch are foreign films. Don't really like British films much and am recently finding Hollywood films are losing the plot between their Romcoms and Chic Flicks. Not my cup of tea.

I have also requested a Film and TV section in the past, but nothing became of it. I think it would be a great idea.

If I might suggest 'There will be Blood'....it's a very intense film with a sense of foreboding about it. One mans descent into madness really...a greedy, unpleasant man but not totally devoid of charisma. The central performances are quite remarkable, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis. Goodness me, he's magnificent.
    It's a film you need to watch more than once to fully appreciate. I've seen it twice and will again soon. It's that good.

Incidentally Shabbychic: I have 'Leon' and think it a good, interesting piece of work...it was recommended to me by my Son, who looks remarkably like Jean Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    If I might suggest 'There will be Blood'....it's a very intense film with a sense of foreboding about it. One mans descent into madness really...a greedy, unpleasant man but not totally devoid of charisma. The central performances are quite remarkable, particularly Daniel Day-Lewis. Goodness me, he's magnificent.
    It's a film you need to watch more than once to fully appreciate. I've seen it twice and will again soon. It's that good.

Incidentally Shabbychic: I have 'Leon' and think it a good, interesting piece of work...it was recommended to me by my Son, who looks remarkably like Jean Reno.
    I absolutely love Leon! Genius movie! I wanted to watch it the other night but the OH twisted my arm to Hitman instead! Might try to get him to watch Leon tomorrow though!

Currently watching Arthur and the Invisibles! Well the kids are watching it but i must say im enjoying it!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast