Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fundraising.

Default Fundraising.

Over on the pet forum our very own Draconfly has a very difficult and expensive decision to make with recards her lovely Brodie.

We need to help her fund raise as quickly as possible.

Anyone done this before.?

there's been a suggestion of a charity dog walk.This I know works because someone done that over here with his lab for the local radio station.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

A dog walk would be great I think, lots can get involved. And you could create a JustGiving page so people could sponser you online. Best of luck.

Maybe a bring and buy? Cake sale?
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

I think you`ll find quite a few orgers who would be delighted with help with their vet bills , dragonfly does have to get her dog through an expensive operation but to think about sponsored walks and other ideas to help raise funds for an individuals vet bill is a non starter ,fund raising is done with Charities in mind with the aim of helping many people !

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    I think you`ll find quite a few orgers who would be delighted with help with their vet bills , dragonfly does have to get her dog through an expensive operation but to think about sponsored walks and other ideas to help raise funds for an individuals vet bill is a non starter ,fund raising is done with Charities in mind with the aim of helping many people !
    There are many people who fundraise for their sick child.
    As a pet owner and a mother of a child with special needs I would fundraise for treatment for my child or someone elses(no one benefits but the child) and for a pet owner.

Scorpion, you certainly do have a sting in your tail..........
    Fundraising for Dragonfly and Brodie is a wonderful idea....so count me in!!!!!
    I will donate the money I raised for 'The Penny Fund' [ which is not needed now as she is happy healthy and part of a loving family]....I will add to it and do whatever I can to help raise funds.
    Life has no price...it's priceless......Go ahead Dragonfly and give young Brodie his chance....the vet will be paid.

As the owner of four dogs , we have over the years had many vet bills which we paid ourselves , charity and fundraising should be to help people who really need it

As the owner of four dogs , we have over the years had many vet bills which we paid ourselves , charity and fundraising should be to help people who really need it
    I appreciate you have paid your vet bills over the years but, this situation is slightly away from the norm. Perhaps if you read what has happened you will be more understanding...........sometimes the unexpected happens, when all our plans, and safeguards fall foul and if willing people want to help, then so be it.......those that care will support Dragonfly and Brodie....it's called having a heart.

Who decideds,surely the person or persons who wants to contribute.

This thread is about fundraising experiences and ideas not about the right and wrongs of doing so.

I dont live in Caithness but I want to contribute to Dragonflys dilema.If you dont then thats your joice.

An online car boot sale, anything to donate could be sold and proceeds to the fund?
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    An online car boot sale, anything to donate could be sold and proceeds to the fund?
    Dont know how to go about that and it would have to be local to Caithness otherwise the postage would be expensive.
    A good idea though Unicorn.

Another one I thought of is auctioning your services,cooking,cleaning,gardening etc.

Ebay....why don't we auction some unwanted stuff and explain what the money raised would be put to........money can be transferred easily if Dragonfly has a Paypal account..........a print of the Pets at Home picture could be duplicated and put to auction.........what do you think everybody?

Staying on unicorns Idea we could have a car boot sale where people have got to pay £5.00 per boot and £10.00 per table and the people get to keep what they make but at the same time dragonfly is getting money to, This way the scrouges out there will be happier
    Not everyone has got money and specially now life is a struggle. Ive met dragonfly and shes a lovely person so count me in with helping.
    Its nice to be nice its not nice being jealous and bitter. The worlds cruel enough without people not doing good.

binbob Guest

and dragonfly does not need it????
    certainly a sting in ur tail...

What makes you think that help is not needed in this case?

I have owned far more than four dogs also numerous cats and lots of different types of Birds along with Rabbits but I wiuld never make such a sweeping statement as you did.

I think that some form of fundraising is an excellent idea and I would be more than happy to do something to help Dragonfly in her hour of need.

I think that a Charity Auction of some kind is a great Idea.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Whatever is decided, I'll participate if I can, and donate if I can't.

I take it she doesn't have insurance for her dog !
    I've had some pretty big bills from the vets and if you don't have the money they will let you pay it off i find !

Well said Froal

Quote Originally Posted by froal View Post
    I take it she doesn't have insurance for her dog !
    I've had some pretty big bills from the vets and if you don't have the money they will let you pay it off i find !
    Well said Froal
    If you go to Pets Corner you will see that Dragonfly did have pet insurance but they will not pay.

I will help in any way I can.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

This sounds just like sour grapes. Is it because nobody offered to help with your vet bills?

Due to a misdiagnosis and an insurance change over poor dragonfly has been well and truly shafted by her insurance company. It could happen to any of us.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast