Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Using the Multi-Quote Feature

Default Using the Multi-Quote Feature

I've noticed a lot of people quoting post after post in reply to others - sometimes 4 or 5 in a row. However there is a facility called Multi-Quote which allows you to do them all in one!

Firstly go through the thread in question and, on any you want to quote, click the multi-quote button at which point it will take on an orange background . If you find you've clicked one by mistake then you can click it again to turn it off on that post.

When you get to the last one just click the standard Quote button and you will find you have a new post with all the posts you want to quote shown - better still they'll be in chronological order.

If you're happy leaving the quotes as they are then the easiest thing to do is to reply to each quote just below it i.e.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Original message

Your reply

Next message

Your reply

However you can also edit the original messages if you are simply wanting to quote a section of it. So long as you leave the sections in square brackets i.e.
    ...Edited part of original message...
    then it will work fine.

If in doubt you can use the Preview Post button to take a look and make sure it's OK before hitting the Submit Reply button.

Hope that helps someone

EDIT: I've just found out myself that the Multi-Quote feature works over different threads too so if you are going to quote and then decide not to, remember to turn off any multi-quotes you've activated!!!
    Last edited by Bobinovich; 05-Feb-09 at 13:03.

I'd wondered how folks did that.
    Thanks.

I've noticed a lot of people quoting post after post in reply to others - sometimes 4 or 5 in a row. However there is a facility called Multi-Quote which allows you to do them all in one!

Firstly go through the thread in question and, on any you want to quote, click the multi-quote button at which point it will take on an orange background . If you find you've clicked one by mistake then you can click it again to turn it off on that post.

When you get to the last one just click the standard Quote button and you will find you have a new post with all the posts you want to quote shown - better still they'll be in chronological order.

If you're happy leaving the quotes as they are then the easiest thing to do is to reply to each quote just below it i.e.

Your reply

Your reply

However you can also edit the original messages if you are simply wanting to quote a section of it. So long as you leave the sections in square brackets i.e. then it will work fine.

If in doubt you can use the Preview Post button to take a look and make sure it's OK before hitting the Submit Reply button.

Hope that helps someone

EDIT: I've just found out myself that the Multi-Quote feature works over different threads too so if you are going to quote and then decide not to, remember to turn off any multi-quotes you've activated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    I'd wondered how folks did that.
    Thanks.

Ok so i have taken bobs post and Mr Toboggans...lets see how this works!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I really do not seem to get this idea at all....

Your reply

Your reply

However you can also edit the original messages if you are simply wanting to quote a section of it. So long as you leave the sections in square brackets i.e. then it will work fine.

Hope that helps someone

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Ok so i have taken bobs post and Mr Toboggans...lets see how this works!

But how do I do bits?

This seems a very long -about way of quoting just for the sake of highlighting...