Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Paul Hill

jjc Guest

Default Paul Hill

Paul Hill is to set to be executed in the US today for killing Dr John Britton and his driver/bodyguard, James Barrett, with a shotgun outside the abortion clinic where Dr Britton practiced.

There is no question as to his guilt; in fact he seems quite proud of what he has done. On his website there is an article in which he boasts of planning the murder whilst on an outing with his wife and three children and goes on to detail the murder itself.

I'm not sure what I disapprove of more; the horrendous actions of this man (and I use the word 'man' loosely in this case), or the media coverage of his press conference yesterday in which he looked forward to 'a great reward in heaven' and suggested that others have a moral obligation to follow his lead.

Making a martyr out of this man may be unavoidable, but as far as I am concerned he gave up his right to an audience for his sick beliefs when he shot Dr Britton, walked over to where he lay dying on the concrete outside his workplace, and shot him five more times. Let him say whatever he wants to the walls of his cell, but should he really be given a microphone and a television camera so that he can spread his twisted sense of God's will to those who would take up his cause?

Also, and I ask this as a male member of the species, has anybody else noticed that the lunatics who seem to be ready to kill and maim in a protest against abortion always seem to be men? Why is that?

jjc Guest

Paul Hill was executed by lethal injection tonight at 22:08 GMT.

Here's hoping that the feared backlash from like-minded anti-abortion campaigners doesn't materialise.

He kinda contradicted himself.

Campaigning against abortion... which, in one word can be described as 'murder'... then murdering someone in a public place.

Worse still, if he did it as planned with his wife and CHILDREN present!

I'm sure his eternal soul is regretting it all - especially the part where he thought he was going to heaven... what a sick man!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!