Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Brodie

Quote Originally Posted by skinnydog View Post
    He is absolutely the most photogenic dog I have ever come across...
    Yep I agree with you, but I would wouldn't I seeing as I am completely biased

Quote Originally Posted by emszxr View Post
    brill pics. he looks great. full of bounce. what does it say on his t shirt tho, its annoying me, lol
    its what I should be wearing Ems - "size is not everything"
    Last edited by dragonfly; 19-Mar-09 at 23:17.

Thumbs up

Aaw, gorgeous as usual Great to see him looking so well and the twinkle back in his eyes x
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

binbob Guest

happy,happy to see dear brodie looking so well.good on u ,wee man. hugs. xxxx

Brodie is just as lovely in real life................I met him!!!

Default challenging MoreTh>n

with your encouragement, and once Brodie had come through his operation, we decided that we weren't going to take the decision to refuse our claim lying down and that we would fight to see if they would pay up.

I decided to write to The Judge in The Sunday Mail who champions consumer complaints and sent off the email below

When we got our puppy at 8 weeks old he came with 8 weeks free puppy insurance through PetPlan This covered him from October to December. During this 8 week period (November 08) we took him to the vets as he was in discomfort after eating and he was diagnosed with Colic. Just before the 8 week insurance was due to expire we chose MoreTh>n as our preferred insurer as it seemed to cover more eventualities. In Jan 09 our Puppy had a near fatal seizure and after a rushed trip down from Thurso to Royal Dick Animal Hospital in Edinburgh he was diagnosed as having a condition called Portosystemic Shunt (PSS) and needed extensive surgery to save him from early liver failure. We made a claim to MoreTh>n but they are refusing to pay it as they claim that the time we took him to the vets and him being diagnosed with colic classes this as a pre-existing condition. As PSS is extremely rare our vets would not have considered this condition at the time of the November consultation and if they had of done we would have stayed with Petplan and claimed from them. Brodie has now had a successful operation to correct his liver but we have had to fund the operation ourselves and at present have paid over £5000 and there is still more treatment to have. We feel that MoreTh>n are using this pre-existing condition clause to get out of paying for a pricey claim. They have not written to us to tell us they are not paying out. All i have had is a voicemail left on my mobile informing me that they would not be progressing with my claim. We are still paying monthly direct debits to MoreTh>n Please can you help us in fighting this issue with this Pet Insurer?

We received a letter about 10 days later saying "thanks for letter, passed it on, let us know if you hear back from them" and we were disheartened as thought that was it.......................until today

I got a phone call this afternoon from the Consumer Editor with the Sunday Mail asking if we had heard anything from MoreTh>n following their letter, which we haven't. She was delighted to hear this as she now wants to threaten them with going to the paper with the story and was wanting to send a photographer round this week so as they could run it in this weeks paper - I explained that this week would not be appropriate due to my mum's funeral so she is going to contact me on Monday to arrange the best time for the photographer to come

hopefully this will see us being reimbursed the +£5k that we have paid out to date to get Brodie through his op

PS, had him at the vets this morning as he still had 1 staple left in as it was covered by a scab and the vet was amazed at how big he's got since he last saw him before his op, he gave him a check over and said we should have nothing to worry about re scan in April as he is thriving now

Bracken was also in for his MOT but he's doing well for his age too, though a bit moth eaten and lumpy (but his bum still winks!) If anyone would like to know what that means just ask
    Last edited by dragonfly; 24-Mar-09 at 17:55.

That is absolutely fantastic news, I really hope this all comes good for you in the end.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Dragonfly, this is the best news re your insurance battle and I feel The Sunday Mail will do a demolition job with More Th>n, which is no less than they deserve.
    You are being so brave and strong at this difficult time but, I am sure your 'good news' letter will reassure you that there is a beam of light shining for you and everyday is a step closer.

Looks like the lovely Brodie is now out to win the hearts of millions and guess what..............he will do it!! Cosy, comforting, cuddles to you both. x

That is awsome news Dragonfly! keep us updated and give some hugs to Brodie from me! xxx
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Dragonfly I am sure that MoreTh>n (or should that be LessTh>n?) will back down now that the Sunday Mail is on their case!

If they do you will need to treat yourself and hubby to something nice.

So glad that the darling Brodie is doing so well. It is so good you don't need to worry about the scan.

Glad dear Bracken's bum is still 'winking'!!!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I just read the whole of this thread (well, in a fashion, but I got the idea) and I don't have much to say other than what other people have already said.

However, I see now what other people mean on other threads about you having such a hard time.
    Now, apparently bad things come in three's and as you had your three bad things it's time for some good stuff, so hopefully that means MoreThanUseless will pay out to keep the press quiet.

Good luck

Stefan

Thats good news for you Dragonfly (and about time you had some too)
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

That is wonderful news. It is pitiful that it takes the threat of bad publicity to make them do the right thing. I hope you get every penny owed to you.

Fingers crossed for Brodie`s continuing improvement and the refund of your money from the insurance company. If it comes down to the paper doing an article Brodie will be delighted to pose for the photographer and will win the hearts of a nation.

Insurance companies will try to skip out of any loophole in the policy, but you seem to have done all the right things, so hopefully won`t be long until the cheque arrives.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Thats brilliant news about your insurance claim with "morethan".....than jobs worth to pay out.

The Judge gets brilliant results so I think they'll see sense as the last thing they want just now is bad publicity.

Glad Broadie is doing so well.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

More Than are still refusing to back down but so is the Judge she has given them until Monday to pay up or its going to the onbudsman. She says that I definately have a case as they are definately at it!!!

PS we're about to get our 15 mins of fame

oh, and here's a new photo for his fans

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    More Than are still refusing to back down but so is the Judge she has given them until Monday to pay up or its going to the onbudsman. She says that I definately have a case as they are definately at it!!!

PS we're about to get our 15 mins of fame

This is really good news and sounds as if More Th>n are being backed into a corner.......I am assuming the case hasn't gone public yet. Since I seldom see newspapers let me know when Brodie is to be introduced to the nation.
    He is so.....................just full of life in the pictures and I bet Baily is just in heaven now that he can run and have fun with his playmate.
    Two absolutely georgeous woofy wuggles.

More Than seem to be more hassle than they are worth!! I will remember never to use them for anything.

Brodie is so cuddly lookin!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Story is in today`s Sunday Mail. It can be viewed online, which is how I came to see it.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Had a read at the article in the Sunday Mail and though More Tha>n seem confidant in not paying out, I think they will have to in the end.
    The Ombudsman views thing with a cold clear eye, hopefully he will see the initial diagnosis of colic, the cause of which is unknown, so therefore no one will know if it was connected the more serious liver condition..................because the basic cause of colic is a bit of a guessing game.
    Fingers crossed along with everything esle that they are made to pay up!!!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast