Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brodie

Obviously it is your decision Dragonfly but, if it were my dog, I would definitely go for the op.

As Teenybash said, there are 2 surgeons on hand if there are any problems. Also you have all the love and prayers to help as well!

How about a sponsored dog walk? This is usually a good fundraiser and isn't difficult to organise.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    the shunt is internal to his liver so only tests on his blood and a liver biopsy were carried out yesterday. the shunt is deep within his liver to the left hand side which is apparently better than right hand side?!?!

We have just heard from the surgeon who says that it is operable but obviously there are greater risks of him haemoraging (sp) however there will be two surgeons carrying out the operation which will be on 2nd March if we decide to go ahead.

The surgeon said that if it were her dog she would go ahead with it even given the risks.

Anyone any ideas for fundraising!>!>!> answers on a postcard please!!
    If you dont go ahead you'll wish you had but if you do and it doesnt work out at least you gave the wee fella your best shot.
    Just do it I know I would .

Have they gave you an estimate as to how much this is going to cost?

As to fund raising i'm sure we're all behind you and will contribute in what every way we can.

How about a charity dog walk,Scorrie can go on and on and on..... I'm sure he's on duracell.

Broadie's a fighter and so are we .
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

So sorry to hear about Flynn, dragonfly. Fingers crossed for Brodie, hope everything goes well.

As for fund raising, whatever you decide, no doubt loads of Orgers would be happy to attend and help Brodie.
    Last edited by crashbandicoot1979; 05-Feb-09 at 20:43. Reason: To keep the peace

I AM SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT fLYNN REST PEACEFULLY BOY. BEST OF LUCK WITH BRODIE, I WILL BE KEEPING HIM IN MY THOUGHTS.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

dragonfly i'm so sorry to hear about flynn as i went through the same thing myself, thinking about brodie and brodie.

good luck wi brodie, dragonfly...i'm sure youse will make the right decision.
    sorry to hear bout the wee cat.
    fundraising....
    i have seen something on another site which took donations via paypal and you could donate online.....could be spread far and wide... i don't know how to do it though...
    it's a sair fecht

Quote Originally Posted by hell raizer View Post
    dragonfly i'm so sorry to hear about flynn as i went through the same thing myself, thinking about brodie and brodie.
    sorry about mistake i meant brodie and yourself

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    Charity auction on the org if they would allow it?
    People donate something they no longer want or need?
    And if not on the org, I have a domain or four I'd be happy to set up a forum or something on to allow folk to offer for donated items..on the lines of the org for sale section if that is the best I can do.

I guess any auction just needs someone to offer more than the person before....and that is doable on a forum (if you don't allow PM/email offers).

Could also have a section for donations with those offering being PM'd with a contact address/bank account for cheques/internet payments..

For example, being on an auld buddies forum on which collections are unhappily common and usually for funeral flowers/donations to charities in memory of forum friends, donations are usually notified ahead and sent to my address/bank account within a time limit which allows me to write a cheque or order flowers in time for the funeral date.

Hope things go well for Brodie in March. Perhaps if the local paper ran the story about the condition, how wonderful the vets in Thurso and Edinburgh have been and the rediculous nit picking of the Insurance companies in a bid not to pay some money by donation via the paper could be raised. It could also be picked up by a national or sunday paper and gain more widespread coverage.

Gather a few friends together and arrange a bag packing session at one of the local supermarkets............. regularly done for kiddies playgroups etc., so why not for a dog in urgent need of treatment.

The judge in the sunday mail is another crusader against the insurance company.

You are going to busy the next few weeks by the looks of things.

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

Sad news about your kittycat.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Hope things go well for Brodie in March. Perhaps if the local paper ran the story about the condition, how wonderful the vets in Thurso and Edinburgh have been and the rediculous nit picking of the Insurance companies in a bid not to pay some money by donation via the paper could be raised. It could also be picked up by a national or sunday paper and gain more widespread coverage.

Gather a few friends together and arrange a bag packing session at one of the local supermarkets............. regularly done for kiddies playgroups etc., so why not for a dog in urgent need of treatment.

The judge in the sunday mail is another crusader against the insurance company.

You are going to busy the next few weeks by the looks of things.

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

Sad news about your kittycat.
    I was just thinking it would be a good idea to go to the Groat Poppett and the Sunday Mail sounds like a good idea.

Bag packing is also a good idea and can raise a lot of money.

Unfortunately, due to illness, I won't be able to take part in any events but will definitely contribute.

Sounds as if The Brodie Bank is taking off which is brilliant...I have a couple of items to donate for prize bingo.................just send instructions for the different events and I will follow. Great stuff!!!!

Any update on "Brodie" please?

hi all, Brodie is doing ok on his meds & diet just now. His incision wound is healing albeit slowly, might have to take him back to vet tomorrow as one bit is not fusing together and we think it may be getting larger, but not unduly concerned as he's full of life and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort.

He's still confined to short lead walks only but try telling him that when he gets out in the garden with Bailey - doggy mayhem!!

its just a case of hanging on until a week on Thursday when I'll be travelling back down to Edinburgh (by myself this time as hubby will be offshore ) and then he gets admitted on Friday to be prepped for his op on Monday 2nd march.

Hoping to be able to get broadband access this time as have purchased O2 mobile broadband usb stick, so hopefully that will work - technology is a wonderful thing if you can understand it

binbob Guest

so glad to hear that brodie is presently well and enjoying life..long may it last.it is sad u will be on ur own when the op. is being done.really will be thinking of u that day and beyond.hugs for the wee man..not forgetting bailey.

he should be able to get back onshore on the Monday but won't be down to edinburgh until about 8pm, but at least he'll be there at night time

Will be thinking about you on the big day. Hope all goes well for you all.

Thinking of you and your bairns !

Bailey sounds in very good spirit just now, pray it continues and he'll be A1 in no time, after his operation. (((hugs)) to you ! x

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Wounds are tricky things to keep clean and its so easy to get infected so your quiet right to take him back to the vets.You've a wee fighter there so he's not going to let a wound get in the way of his recovery.

remember your not on your own,we're with you thoughts and all.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Thumbs up

Thanks for updating us Dragonfly.

So glad that the darling Brodie is doing well. I will mark the 2nd March on the calendar to remind me to send up extra prayers.

Love and hugs to you all. xxx

On March 2nd a green candle will be lit for Brodie........... may the light guide the hands of the surgeons and green the colour of nature, heal and bring him to full health.
    Will be thinking of you all. Blessings.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast