Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brodie

Smile Brodie

Dragonfly I will be thinking of you and praying that Brodie's op is a success and for a swift recovery.

Keep us updated.xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Default Thinking of you too

Hope everything goes well and thinking about you all. xx

aye, good luck wi it all mate
    x
    it's a sair fecht

Good luck Brodie and hang in there wee man..................big healing rainbow wrapped around you......hope to see piccys of you soon during your recovery.

Fingers and paws crossed for you both from here too.

Hope you managed down allright,I here the east coast has a fair covering of snow.

If you've taken the caravan you have my admiration.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

everyone, thank you for your thoughts and support. We are at a low ebb just now as not only worried about Brodie but our cat Flynn was hit by a car yesterday on Ormile Road and killed outright - thankfully he was taken to the vets almost immediately after but was DOA. From his microchip scan the vets were able to identify it as being Flynn,

News on Brodie is that there are 3 ways it can go today

1. His shunt is external as the scan a fortnight ago showed and he can be operated on today (being a large breed dog it is highly unusual for the shunt to be external so the scan may have shown up incorrectly)

2. the shunt is internal which means more difficult surgery, splitting the liver to access the shunt to tie it off

3. inoperable - he can be kept on meds/diet but timewise we are looking at 4 months - 2 years before complete liver failure.

We are in an internet cafe in the Gyle Centre just now waiting on the hospital calling us to say which of the 3 above we are looking at. They said we should get a call around midday.

I will try to update but if unable to will ask Skinnydog to do so for me.

Thanks again xx

PS, yes Cuddlepop we are in the caravan - nearly got blown away on Monday night but can happily recommend our awning maker as it withstood the gusts with ease.

All the very best Im quite sure you will do whats best for you and Brodie not easy time for you we are thinking about you all so sorry about Flynn
    Anne & Gabby
    Its nice to be nice

Unhappy

Oh Dragonfly what a hellish time you are having! So very, very sorry about Flynn.

Hope and pray that they will be able to operate on Brodie and for a great outcome.

Many prayers and lots of love will be heading your way! xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I think we have seriously peed someone off as it seems to be bad karma coming our way

Just posting to say fingers crossed for you all. There are a great many people in Caithness and further afield, thinking of you. If good wishes and positive thinking work; things will start top look brighter for you very soon. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    I think we have seriously peed someone off as it seems to be bad karma coming our way
    Dont dispair Draconfly,its not bad karma its just your turn.

I believe that anyway because if I didnt I must had done alot of bad things in my life to get as much bad luck as we've been getting lately.

Fingers crossed its good news this afternoon.

So sorry to here about your cat,terrible news at the best of times never mind just now.

Oh wants to know what your caravans made of .....lead.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Just wanted to say I'm thinking off you and Brodie. As someone else said, if positive thought and our good wishes could heal Brodie he would be well on his way. Stay strong, we are all rooting for you xxx
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

so sorry to hear about Flynn and I hope Brodie pulls through. Stay strong.... it's not easy but we are all thinking of you.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

binbob Guest

Default brodie

daragonfly..how awful about wee flynn..god bless.

i can only begin to imagine what u are going through..just had a scare with my basset...but she is ok.

no..u have not done anything wrong...just life,unfortunately.
    have been thinking of u ,down in edinburgh.............everything crossed here for a good outcome.paws included.

take care....

Just catching up.............I hope all will be well with Brodie and the op is possible as it will see him happy and healthy living a lovely fun filled life.

Poor little Flynn......rest little man. Bless you.

Hope all went well for brodie and am so sorry to hear about flynn xxxxxxxxxxx

Dragonfly so sorry to hear about Flynn.

Hope you get good news about Brodie, we have everything crossed for Brodie and are thinking of you.

the shunt is internal to his liver so only tests on his blood and a liver biopsy were carried out yesterday. the shunt is deep within his liver to the left hand side which is apparently better than right hand side?!?!

We have just heard from the surgeon who says that it is operable but obviously there are greater risks of him haemoraging (sp) however there will be two surgeons carrying out the operation which will be on 2nd March if we decide to go ahead.

The surgeon said that if it were her dog she would go ahead with it even given the risks.

Anyone any ideas for fundraising!>!>!> answers on a postcard please!!

Dragonfly, I'm with the surgeons and if there are two of them involved, should there be haemorraghing there is another pair of hands at the ready.
    I pray the biggest prayer in the world that March is Brodies month when he gets well. Keep hopes high and cuddle him furiously till then.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    the shunt is internal to his liver so only tests on his blood and a liver biopsy were carried out yesterday. the shunt is deep within his liver to the left hand side which is apparently better than right hand side?!?!

We have just heard from the surgeon who says that it is operable but obviously there are greater risks of him haemoraging (sp) however there will be two surgeons carrying out the operation which will be on 2nd March if we decide to go ahead.

The surgeon said that if it were her dog she would go ahead with it even given the risks.

Anyone any ideas for fundraising!>!>!> answers on a postcard please!!
    Charity auction on the org if they would allow it?
    People donate something they no longer want or need?
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast