Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Brodie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Brodie

Dragonfly I will be thinking of you and praying that Brodie's op is a success and for a swift recovery.

Keep us updated.xxx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Default Thinking of you too

Hope everything goes well and thinking about you all. xx

aye, good luck wi it all mate
    x
    it's a sair fecht

Good luck Brodie and hang in there wee man..................big healing rainbow wrapped around you......hope to see piccys of you soon during your recovery.

Fingers and paws crossed for you both from here too.

Hope you managed down allright,I here the east coast has a fair covering of snow.

If you've taken the caravan you have my admiration.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

everyone, thank you for your thoughts and support. We are at a low ebb just now as not only worried about Brodie but our cat Flynn was hit by a car yesterday on Ormile Road and killed outright - thankfully he was taken to the vets almost immediately after but was DOA. From his microchip scan the vets were able to identify it as being Flynn,

News on Brodie is that there are 3 ways it can go today

1. His shunt is external as the scan a fortnight ago showed and he can be operated on today (being a large breed dog it is highly unusual for the shunt to be external so the scan may have shown up incorrectly)

2. the shunt is internal which means more difficult surgery, splitting the liver to access the shunt to tie it off

3. inoperable - he can be kept on meds/diet but timewise we are looking at 4 months - 2 years before complete liver failure.

We are in an internet cafe in the Gyle Centre just now waiting on the hospital calling us to say which of the 3 above we are looking at. They said we should get a call around midday.

I will try to update but if unable to will ask Skinnydog to do so for me.

Thanks again xx

PS, yes Cuddlepop we are in the caravan - nearly got blown away on Monday night but can happily recommend our awning maker as it withstood the gusts with ease.

Story is in today`s Sunday Mail. It can be viewed online, which is how I came to see it.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Had a read at the article in the Sunday Mail and though More Tha>n seem confidant in not paying out, I think they will have to in the end.
    The Ombudsman views thing with a cold clear eye, hopefully he will see the initial diagnosis of colic, the cause of which is unknown, so therefore no one will know if it was connected the more serious liver condition..................because the basic cause of colic is a bit of a guessing game.
    Fingers crossed along with everything esle that they are made to pay up!!!!

Brodie has to go back down to Edinburgh for a check-up on Thursday. It doesn't seem like 5 1/2 weeks since we were down for his op. In that time he has come on in "leaps and bounds"!!

Steve
    (Dragonfly's Hubby)

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye! View Post
    Brodie has to go back down to Edinburgh for a check-up on Thursday. It doesn't seem like 5 1/2 weeks since we were down for his op. In that time he has come on in "leaps and bounds"!!

Steve
    (Dragonfly's Hubby)

hi steve....nice to hear from u.what an ordeal u have all been through...i am sure [and pray] that all is well with the wee man.have a safe trip.

Steve....doesn't time fly. It doesn't seem almost 6 weeks since we were all sitiing round our pc's willing Brodie to pull through.........candles lit everywhere sending out healing lights and dripping wax everywhere.
    I hope and I think Brodie is going to surprise the vets when they do their check.................Brodies not a doodle...he's a Miracledoodle.

Thumbs up

I am really chuffed that Brodie's check up went well.

Here's hoping that the next bit of good news is that the insurance pay up. Nice of the Vet to help!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

just a quick update for those following Brodie...........he has now been off the lactulose for over 3 weeks now and after a phonecall today with Royal Dick he's to be taken off the antibiotics leaving him only on the hepatic support diet.

If he stays normal in his behaviour (whatever that is as he is so daft now ) he will be reintroduced to "normal" food in 3-6 weeks

here's a pic hot out of the camera