Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

Thread: Central Hotel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    THURSO
    Posts
    427

    Default Central Hotel

    We were originaly going here for lunch, BUT when we went in had a look at the menu we put our coats on and went to the Y-Not.

    The menu was very over priced, and the place was empty, a year ago if you went in on a saturday lunch you would never get a seat.

    I dare say the changes in the menu, has reflected in the custom, since the changes all I have heard is people putting the place down, have to say the place was still smelling of stale drink.

    Definatly will not be going back.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Can honestly say i havn't set foot in the place in a year , its a dump, over priced and the food is terrible , i used to go in with the kids and friends for lunch on a regular basis because of the bouncy castle (never for the food or atmosphere) but even that at last i saw was falliing to bits and IMO dangerous.

    the Y-not, the pavillion, the weigh inn and Park hotel are welcoming with kids so we tend to stick to them.( i'm sure other places are too just havn't tried them for lunch YET ..lol)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    aye the central has gone way downhill, we like a lot of folk used to go often, with the kids, but it must be coming up for a year since we last went, they didnt even have the basic kids meal, plus the prices shot up and the food was terriable.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Watten
    Posts
    4,575

    Default

    We have shifted from the Pentland for our weekly meet because of the atmosphere we recieved on a few occasions as well... given up going out with mums with kids and now do lunch in each others houses and the st clair in castletown now!

  5. #5

    Default

    this section should be re-named the complaints section

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    But recommendations come in both positive & negative form. Surely it's as important to pre-warn others that they may receive sub-standard goods/services, as it is to inform them of those offering a cut-above the rest?



  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    But recommendations come in both positive & negative form. Surely it's as important to pre-warn others that they may receive sub-standard goods/services, as it is to inform them of those offering a cut-above the rest?
    each to there own bob, personly i think if you havent anything nice to say it better not to say anything at all, 99% of posters who complain never say a word to owners/managemant at the time yet freely come on here to abuse this section, personly i think its terrible a community website allows such a thing!! whos to say the poster doesnt have a personal greivance with the establishment outwith the level of service they got and just comes on here to badmouth it in the hope it spoils there business, you can say what you like its open to abuse.

    for a community website to allow such a thing, imo is bad taste

    if i have a problem with a meal or such like i take it up with the managemant at the time.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Right here :)
    Posts
    2,204

    Talking

    we have been in the central a few times and it has been extremely quiet, we tend to sit in the restaurant bit as wee one not overly fussed about the castle,when we go me and other half always have cullen skink as it the yummiest thing on the menu and its the cheapest and certainly fills you up, the wee one has a roll with soup or another filling and its under a tenner, but we only go for the soup, if he decorated and maybe changed the menu he may be a lot busier, the menu they have down stairs for cafe cardosi is lovely and not overpriced so dont know why he doesnt try something similiar
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    THURSO
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    each to there own bob, personly i think if you havent anything nice to say it better not to say anything at all, 99% of posters who complain never say a word to owners/managemant at the time yet freely come on here to abuse this section, personly i think its terrible a community website allows such a thing!! whos to say the poster doesnt have a personal greivance with the establishment outwith the level of service they got and just comes on here to badmouth it in the hope it spoils there business, you can say what you like its open to abuse.

    for a community website to allow such a thing, imo is bad taste

    if i have a problem with a meal or such like i take it up with the managemant at the time.
    how can it be a personal grivance when so many complaints are from different people over the same thing and the same can go to u that if you dont have any thing to say in defence why bother at all saying anything at all

  10. #10

    Default

    Totally agree with buggyracer.Tackle the management first before posting here. They can only improve things if you speak to them first otherwise they may assume everything is fine.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Thurso
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    But a lot of people do not like face to face confrontation - myself included. If I have a problem with somewhere I simply do not go back until I hear that they've upped their ideas. One of the best ways to find out is through this messageboard - if people start recommending them again then it's usually because they've got a new chef or have generally bucked their ideas up.

    And on the subject of complaining, in some local establishments it can get you a ban from the place completely, or the height of abuse ! Great way to do business in a small community!



  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chamb View Post
    how can it be a personal grivance when so many complaints are from different people over the same thing and the same can go to u that if you dont have any thing to say in defence why bother at all saying anything at all
    chamb, im not particulary meaning this example, im talking about this section in general, there seems to be more complaints than reccomendations?

    people are all too quick to come on here an complain yet say nothing to the staff who serve them?

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    But a lot of people do not like face to face confrontation - myself included. If I have a problem with somewhere I simply do not go back until I hear that they've upped their ideas. One of the best ways to find out is through this messageboard - if people start recommending them again then it's usually because they've got a new chef or have generally bucked their ideas up.

    And on the subject of complaining, in some local establishments it can get you a ban from the place completely, or the height of abuse ! Great way to do business in a small community!
    well imo a simple explanation of what was wrong with the sevice/food at the time would suffice, most establishmants would appreaciate that a lot more than coming on here and telling tales and as you say vote with your feet, dont go back until you hear of a GOOD report, on here, nothing wrong with using the section for its intended use.

    Personly if i was to get a ban from somewhere for airing my problems with them in person, id certainy not be too fussed about going back to somewhere like that anyway

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    in my house
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    problem solved, someone inform the owner about this thread and he can read all the complaints for himself, at least it would be a ear bashing from 10 or more folk.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Near Thurso
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    each to there own bob, personly i think if you havent anything nice to say it better not to say anything at all, 99% of posters who complain never say a word to owners/managemant at the time yet freely come on here to abuse this section, personly i think its terrible a community website allows such a thing!! whos to say the poster doesnt have a personal greivance with the establishment outwith the level of service they got and just comes on here to badmouth it in the hope it spoils there business, you can say what you like its open to abuse.

    for a community website to allow such a thing, imo is bad taste

    if i have a problem with a meal or such like i take it up with the managemant at the time.
    Personally I think this is exactly what a community website is about. If there are so many people complaining then there is something wrong. Most people have said that they haven't been for about a year so you would think that the management would have noticed that. I have complained to the staff at the Central in the past - a lot of good it did me too.

    British people are not good at confrontation so this IS the ideal way to air any greivances. And yes someone should point out this thread to the new owner (I didn't realise that there was a new owner) and let them see why their business is not going so well and give them the chance to change.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    THURSO
    Posts
    427

    Default Disgrace

    The thing is when you complain in the central, or any other establishment belonging to the cardosi family, you get blanked and nothing is ever done, because they think they are above the law, its the same with skins, they are more than breaking the law in that place but yet the police stand back and do nothing.

    They let too many people in for the fire regs, the drink spiking all seems to happen in there need go on.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Slightly harder street!
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    i did complain once when i was unsatisfied. All they done was look at me like i was telling a lie!

    There was one time me and my best mate went for lunch. We sat in the restaurant part. Waited 45 minutes...no service. We were due back to work very shortly so decided to just grab a sandwich elsewhere. A woman came chasing after us saying to sit back down and she would get us food. We both asked for a large chips and coleslaw. What we got was 5 chips each...no coleslaw. We complained yet we had to pay full price for the chips and coleslaw we never actually got! I was ragin!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Forres / Findhorn / where the wind blows
    Posts
    663

    Default

    I reckon this section is good for the customer - if someone's not giving good service lets all know about it. I probably put more positive than negative comments in here - it works both ways! In fact I'm going to give the Harbour Cafe in Wick a mention right now!
    Your vision will become clear
    Only when you look into your heart ....
    Who looks outside, dreams..
    Who looks inside, awakens.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    But recommendations come in both positive & negative form. Surely it's as important to pre-warn others that they may receive sub-standard goods/services, as it is to inform them of those offering a cut-above the rest?
    Totally agree. Surely if a place gave you bad service you'd recommend others not to go there. If the owners of these establishments read the comments so what, maybe they'll do something about the complaints. Or they could come on here and have their say just like the rest of us, I'm sure we'd all be prepared to listen to their side of the story (or then again they could have the thread removed for us all to see how much they think of customers complaints.)

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Totally agree. Surely if a place gave you bad service you'd recommend others not to go there. If the owners of these establishments read the comments so what, maybe they'll do something about the complaints. Or they could come on here and have their say just like the rest of us, I'm sure we'd all be prepared to listen to their side of the story (or then again they could have the thread removed for us all to see how much they think of customers complaints.)

    id say its in the title of this section

    "Recommendations Found something good, let everyone know about it."

    sorry cant really see where it says found something bad or something your unhappy about, let everyone know about it?

    you could also look at it as those places with no recomendations surely are not worth the visit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •