Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat poisoned

Quote Originally Posted by crashbandicoot1979 View Post
    You've clearly never lost a pet.

I chose to offer my condolences to this person. Why on earth should that offend you?
    Am I not allowed to be offended? How the hell can you not find it weird to be offering "condolences" after somebodies pet has died?
    "We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns." ~ Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by celtic 302 View Post
    Am I not allowed to be offended? How the hell can you not find it weird to be offering "condolences" after somebodies pet has died?
    Because they've just lost a pet and a pet is a member of the family too. I am not saying animals are the same as humans, all I'm saying is, they become part of the family in that they are loved and cared for and they leave a gap when they die. Therefore owners tend to grieve. And condolences are what I offer when someone is grieving, be it for a person or a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbandicoot1979 View Post
    Because they've just lost a pet and a pet is a member of the family too. I am not saying animals are the same as humans...
    So animals are part of the family, but not like humans... Good one!
    "We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns." ~ Tom Waits

binbob Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    It is remarks like these that confirm to me why I love animals a lot more than some humans!

You are entitled to your thoughts but your reply is insensitive and unnecessary.

Pets give many people companionship, unconditional love etc and their passing leaves as much of a gap and heartbreak as losing a family member. In fact they are family!

No they are not human beings. In some cases they are better!!

so very true..i have no family as such,and my dogs fill the bill!!i also prefer a lot of animals to humans..............

So animals are part of the family, but not like humans... Good one!

Exactly. Animals are part of the family but they are not the same as humans. You've got it!

binbob Guest

So we should just go through life avoiding anything which we think we might not agree with? Good one!

if u do not like animals..avoid the pet section...

binbob Guest

I'll be sad when my pets die. But I'll get over it quickly enough. Why? Because they are just animals. They can be replaced. Not like humans.
    i feel sorry for any animals u have..i think u are a cold hearted individual and sadly i have met folk like u before and they were HORRRRRRIBLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yenkro View Post
    My sister who lives in the Mount Vernon area had to get her cat put to sleep on Thursday. The cat was only 1 ½ years old.

The Vet advised her that the cat had been poisoned; it may have been that someone has left some anti-freeze out; cats will lick this as it is sweet tasting.

No matter what is was this is such a shame that people have things in there gardens that can poison animals.
    we actually have a bottle of antifreeze left outside on the step.
    Its in a spray bottle but maybe the local cats might lick it.
    will hang it up.

Such a sad time for you all.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by binbob View Post
    if u do not like animals..avoid the pet section...
    Ha ha. Looks like celtic 302 will be avoiding the pet section and all the rest from now on....suspended!! Yes we are allowed our opinions but that was just plain rude.

Quote Originally Posted by ett23 View Post
    Ha ha. Looks like celtic 302 will be avoiding the pet section and all the rest from now on....suspended!! Yes we are allowed our opinions but that was just plain rude.
    Yes he's been sent to the naughty step! As you said ett23 there is no excuse for being rude.
    Surely an intelligent person can make their point without resorting to this?!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

I don't understand why people get suspended for having an opinion ain't that what forums are all about, i'm not saying i agree and not saying i don't agree cause i'd rather not get involved but what is it with the org is it one rule for one person and a different rule for another, it is unbelievable when people report others because they have an opinion it is a forum come on people.

No one gets suspended for having an opinion. However, there are boundaries to how that opinion is put across and quite right to.

There are too many orgers who just post to antagonise and make mischief rather than actually contribute.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Quote Originally Posted by devil's sidekick View Post
    I don't understand why people get suspended for having an opinion ain't that what forums are all about, i'm not saying i agree and not saying i don't agree cause i'd rather not get involved but what is it with the org is it one rule for one person and a different rule for another, it is unbelievable when people report others because they have an opinion it is a forum come on people.
    dont think it has anything to do with opinions, but how they word it.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    No one gets suspended for having an opinion. However, there are boundaries to how that opinion is put across and quite right to.

There are too many orgers who just post to antagonise and make mischief rather than actually contribute.
    Well if that is what he was doing then fair enough it just doesn't look that bad to me that's all, not saying i agree with his opinion as i do have a pet cat of my own and certainly wouldn't like it if that happened to him but just looks like he had an opinion to me that's all.

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ett23 View Post

good...it was deserved...no need for his comments.

I too am glad he has been suspsnded it is not nice to say and treat poeple the way he did yes we can have opinions but not like the ones he was making was just being nasty x

Quote Originally Posted by devil's sidekick View Post
    I don't think thats why he was suspended. The post he was suspended for has been removed. The post I made in response to it has been removed aswell.
    Last edited by crashbandicoot1979; 01-Feb-09 at 13:26.

what i want to know is where on earth are all these idiots coming from, over the past week and a bit, reckon they should all crawl back whatever rock they came from.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    what i want to know is where on earth are all these idiots coming from, over the past week and a bit, reckon they should all crawl back whatever rock they came from.
    Aye, there seems to be an influx of them just now.

People get a bit loopy with the short days and turn into trolls????????
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast