Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Springer Rescue

Default Springer Rescue

Hiya All

Just wanted folks to let know that there is a new breed rescue in Scotland "Springer Rescue for Scotland". We have a website as well. So if anybody knows of a Springer in need of a good home, likes to offer a home for a Springer in need or would like any other info, feel free to get in touch

Thats great that there is another rescue place out there for the animals............. yet at the same time sad that there is a need for one

We're on the lookout for a Springer - have PM'd you

Good luck with this,I love springers! I had a springer collie cross and she was the most wonderful dog I ever had!Would love to offer a home to one of yours,but I havent the money at the moment to care for another dog x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Default springer rescue

Hi What is your website for the rescue

Sounds great! I have sent you a pm.

It's great to have such a positive response...thanks!

I'm down in Inverness, where I'm the only volunteer just now. Caithness is not strictly spoken my area, but this doesn't matter. On the website, which isn't that big yet, as it is all just starting up since end of last year, there is a 'get in touch' link, and anybody interested in dogs or even helping as a volunteer is most welcome to get in touch with Helena.

At the moment we have more homes than dogs in need, but this won't always be the case of course.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Here's the link http://www.spanielrescuescotland.org/

I would love another big springer like benny was, a big (he was taller than my little lab) soft lump of a dog with soul searching eyes!
    But as we have very small children and a cat its hard to find somewhere that will let us rehome a dog in need as they dont have the full facts of the dogs history..

Default Website now up and running

Just bumping this up as SRS's new website is now live. Looks really good and informative:
    www.springerrescuescotland.org with lovely springer pics. They have a local representative.

Best of luck to all the Springers that will need you in times to come....

Default Funny Photo

Just had to say I loved this photo.
    My mum and dad are obsessed with Springers and currently have 3. They now live in the country and the dogs have masses of space to run around. Have passed the details of the website to her.
    Spring has sprung, the grass is ris', I wonder where the birdies is, the birdies is on d' wing, now thats absurd, everyone knows d' wing is on d' bird

Quote Originally Posted by Tilter View Post
    Just bumping this up as SRS's new website is now live. Looks really good and informative:
    www.springerrescuescotland.org with lovely springer pics. They have a local representative.

Thanks for bumping this up !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mccaugm View Post

Just had to say I loved this photo.
    My mum and dad are obsessed with Springers and currently have 3. They now live in the country and the dogs have masses of space to run around. Have passed the details of the website to her.

Wow, your picture is absolutely gorgeous... My niece has a springer and he is a really good dog, great with her kids too...... Your pic has made me laugh as i think it's funny.....

theres a few there looking for homes if anyones interested?
    http://www.spanielrescuescotland.org/our_dogs.php

Default spaniels

good luck!! we have two spaniels,one six and one thirteen (lost old boy two years ago at nearly eighteen!)as well as a patterdale and a lurcher and wouldnt be without them.Spaniels are a 'challenge' but the love you get back more than makes up for it! Hope all goes well!

I have 3 springers and a cocker (amongst others!) all bonkers to some degree or another, love them all to pieces!