Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Which laptop?

Default Which laptop?

I want to buy a laptop but dont know what kind to get.What one do you have? Recommendations please?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

nisthrl Guest

Default Laptop

I have bought the Medion laptop from woolworths.

This is a very good machine with a brilliant Widescreen. It runs everything I need no problem and the wireless internet connection is a breeze.

The only thing is the sound quality isnt that good (as with all laptops) however it runs very well through my Pc speakers.

Hope this helps.

Almost everyone I know has either a Dell or an IBM. Neither are cheap but both are (usually) reliable.

Iv heard nothing but good things about 'Acer' laptops. a wee bit more expensive than dell but far better in reliability.

Smile Which Laptop

I've had an Acer for about 5 years and its been great and is still going strong, it also has a very good display even by todays standards. Got a Dell recently through work and its great, very good wireless connection on it. Have used various other makes at work and the best was probably a Compaq.

All depends on your Price range and what you intend using it for.

HP or Asus for your laptops, HP for build quality and Asus for price.

Honestly do not look anywhere else, Asus currently have a 64bit machine, Widescreen, 512 RAM and 60gb HDD for under £700, bargain.

The Doc
    I still miss my ex, but my aim is getting better...........

Quote Originally Posted by nisthrl
    I have bought the Medion laptop from woolworths.

This is a very good machine with a brilliant Widescreen. It runs everything I need no problem and the wireless internet connection is a breeze.

The only thing is the sound quality isnt that good (as with all laptops) however it runs very well through my Pc speakers.

Hope this helps.
    I also bought one the same and thats the only problem is the sound but with the speaker in its great

What are you going to be using it for? Do you know what specs you want but just need a brand to buy?