Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Finland - HIM, Nightwish etc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Finland - HIM, Nightwish etc

I recently re-discovered my 'goth-rock' (or rather what i class a goth-rock) scene in bands such as HIM, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Rasmus & Evanescence.

Does this mean im gonna starting looking like these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk

p.s. i do like irn bru
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post

Does this mean im gonna starting looking like these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Dny-s27Dk
    Goth, I hope not!

3. Default

A lot of brilliant bands from Scandanavia,dont know why but rock music rules over there.
    Nightwish are hard to beat,,their last cd was superb.

May I bring to your attention ' Edenbridge', 'Visions of atlantis', and possibly 'therions' 2001 album 'Secret of the runes', also Ayreons 01011001 maybe worth a listen.

If we're talking Finland then don't forget about Children Of Bodom, Brother Firetribe, Hanoi Rocks, Malpractice, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Leverage, Finland has produced some fantastic bands.

Invisible, you do realise that 3 of the bands you listed are not from Finland?, Lacuna Coil (Mmmmm Cristina...hubba hubba) are Dutch, Within Temptation are Italian, and Evanesence are American.

6. Default

Lacuna Coil are Italian.Within Temptation are Dutch.
    You obviously had Cristina Scabbia on your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    If we're talking Finland then don't forget about Children Of Bodom, Brother Firetribe, Hanoi Rocks, Malpractice, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Leverage, Finland has produced some fantastic bands.

Invisible, you do realise that 3 of the bands you listed are not from Finland?, Lacuna Coil (Mmmmm Cristina...hubba hubba) are Dutch, Within Temptation are Italian, and Evanesence are American.
    I realize that yes but the other 3 bands are strong in my music collection. and arent lacuna coil italian, and within temptation dutch?
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore