Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What bands are you seeing this year?

Slipknot, Devildriver, Korn, and Motley Crue so far. Hopefully many more too add to that.

... am adding Backyard Babies to my list as I've just discovered they're playing in Manchester the night before Terrorvision. May as well make the most of the trip and see them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    I really fancied going to that gig, but only to see Megadeth and Testament, after the abomination that was 'Nostradamus' i have no desire to see the Rob Halford Megalomanic Experience again, and there were rumours that the JP setlist was going to be very heavily drawn from Nostradamus, i don't think my ears would forgive me

Yup JP's set was mainly "Nostradamus" and Halford is a crap frontman really boring, was not impressed with them at all.

Testament were well good though again their set leanned towards "Damnation" but they were well good yes indeed.

Megadeth were absolutly stunning their sound was like listening to cd, Mustaine was all over the stage and on top of the speakers. Was totaly blown away by them.

Thinking about staying the extra night after AC/DC to see Thunder.
    Also think I'm gonna see crue at the Download though i hope they so a uk tour while they are here.

Lenny Kravitz in June at the O2 academy in Glasgow. Tickets arrived today

Quote Originally Posted by futurelegends View Post
    We're off to see Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of the War of The Worlds at the SECC in Glasgow in June.

It's the 30th Anniversary Tour.

Jeff Wayne will be conducting The Black Smoke Band and The ULLAdubULLA Strings and Richard Burton's 3D Image shall again be narrating the proceedings.
    Snap, except I'm in Cardiff visiting an old pal. He works at the Millennium Stadium so could get us in for free, but all that was confirmed there was Take That (sorry Honey - not my bag!). However at the International Arena just happens to be WotW and, having long been a big fan of the soundtrack, and seen the stage show on TV, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to miss!

Roll on Wed 24th June !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Snap, except I'm in Cardiff visiting an old pal. He works at the Millennium Stadium so could get us in for free, but all that was confirmed there was Take That (sorry Honey - not my bag!). However at the International Arena just happens to be WotW and, having long been a big fan of the soundtrack, and seen the stage show on TV, I knew it would be too good an opportunity to miss!

Roll on Wed 24th June !
    The chances of anything cominf from mars was a million to one they said, now I have got that buzzing round my head for the next year!!!! I used to love that soundtrack I used to put it on to go to sleep!!! Who needs drugs when you can have the wierdest dreams ever after listening to that!

WOOP - been offered tickets to U2 in Glasgow.

I didn't refuse them.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Little Feat.................

& hopefully Steely Dan diary permitting

alan jackson, billy ray cyrus, martina mcbride, reba macintyre, brooks and dunn are a few :-)

www.cmafest.com

Bloc Party and hopefully Twin Atlantic again!

Quote Originally Posted by bremkins View Post
    ... am adding Backyard Babies to my list as I've just discovered they're playing in Manchester the night before Terrorvision. May as well make the most of the trip and see them too.
    aaaah so jealous want to see Backyard Babies too.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

Last year ,Rezillos. This year ,SLF and Buzzcocks soon. All within 500 yds of my house.

Got roped in to going to Glastonbury with my two nephews and a few of their mates. Should be interesting as the last festival I went to was Reading in 1979.

Talking Concerts!

Well its Coldplay for me again is year at Hamden, we Jayz supportin!

Joe Bonamassa at the Picture House in Edinburgh in December and I
    pray every day that Eric Johnson will actually do some UK dates, apart from that nothing much grabs me.

Off to see Doves tomorrow night in Edinburgh!!

Then Fleet Foxes in September

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Off to see Doves tomorrow night in Edinburgh!!

Then Fleet Foxes in September
    After the Doves gig, walk the short 50 yards down Lothian Road, turn left onto Shandwick Place. What you should be able to hear blaring out of the Ratpack speakers (on the corner, next to The Rutland) is one SuperElvis (aka Linton Osborne). Go in and say uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible View Post
    aaaah so jealous want to see Backyard Babies too.
    well, you should be jealous ... the gig was fantastic. i've seen them about 6 or 7 times and it never gets tiresome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12