Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What's the attraction?

jjc Guest

Default What's the attraction?

It’s good to hear that Stacey Champ (the missing 14-year-old) has been found safe and well and that David Milner (the bloke she ran off with) is now in police custody. But the circumstances around their being caught – or rather the location they were caught in – had me amazed.

Why is it that people think the far north of Scotland a good place to run to when the police are after them? This couple got as far as Berriedale. There was that couple (the bloke was a policeman) who ran off out west. Was it Tongue they were found in?

I know that Caithness is remote and sparsely populated, but it is one of the few places left with any proper sense of community. Why people think they won’t a) be noticed, and b) be talked about, I have no idea. Surely they would have a better chance of going unnoticed in a big city like London or Glasgow?

jjc Guest

I know that swearing isn't a great thing, guys, but come on...

the word I used means lightly, sparingly... your autocensor has picked up four letters in the middle of that word which could mean bottom... sp-(word meaning bottom)-ly... work it out

I didn't swear - I promise!!!

Anonymous Guest

lol - i'll go fix

Default Re: Runaways

Yo JJC

Several reasons why the last two runaways came this far north is quite obvious really.

Fight or flee...

1. In most cases, people do not think rationally when they are troubled, whether it is through fear of retribution, or to escape the big bad cities etc. They will run as far away as possible from the situation that they feel threatened in.

2. Hey come on, they must know that you live here, your fame has reached all corners of the universe...

3. Or is it possibly caithness.org fame?...

4. Regarding one of the few places left where "proper sense of community" is very debatable!...

5. Thankfully, they didn't run to the big cities, as a 46 year old man and a 14 year old school girl, one shudders to think of what could have happened, if it hasn't already...

6. How on earth did the parents allow this manny to cultivate a relationship with there daughter, which ended up as it did.

Many people who have problems in their lives attempt to escape to the rural area's, invariably, they normally get as far as Inverness, where they either stay, or return back down south. Over the years, there have been several suicide case here in the Highlands, which although is a tranquil environment, but it can also be a depressive one due to the sparse (! !) population, and in some cases, desolate landscape.

But the main question should be, what's a 46 year old bloke doing with a 14 year old school girl anyway?...

Come to think of it (personal opinion here) he looks a bit of a " strange character" anyway...

Ciao,

Dave the Rave

Anonymous Guest

We are always goimg to get people like this, because we are "remote and unspoilt"

Exactly the same way we attract tourists.

In fact - forgive me for being cynical - but it must be to the credit of those who serve to promote our tourist industry. that folks like this end up here.

Mike