Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Guidance note for Reputations

Quote Originally Posted by jjc
    But to me grammar and spelling are a part of the ‘quality’ of a post.

We all make mistakes and who really cares whether an apostrophe is out of place or writes ‘their’ when they needed ‘there’? But I do object to having to decipher entire posts that have been written entirely without capitalisation or punctuation of any sort and having to guess at what different ‘text’ abbreviations mean is infuriating.

I’d consider the quality of such posts to be so low as to warrant a negative rating, but I’d base that on the quality of the grammar. Will there be an exception to the rule in such extreme cases?

I have a weird, sneaking suspicion (correct me if I'm wrong) that JJC and Landmarker agree on this subject.

It's a beautiful moment.
    You get what you give

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SAVEY
    I have a weird, sneaking suspicion (correct me if I'm wrong) that JJC and Landmarker agree on this subject.
    I have a bad cold and have been high on lemsips all week.

Default negative rep

Quote Originally Posted by jjc
    What did they say and which post did they leave it for?

Also, how do you know they have a negative reputation?
    if youve got a negative reputation your green box goes to red i think not totally sure Niall would be the man to answer.

jjc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BRIE
    if youve got a negative reputation your green box goes to red i think not totally sure Niall would be the man to answer.
    Yeah, sorry - I meant specifically, how did he know the reputation of the person leaving him reputation.

It's sure it was quite clear from the comment that was made that the rep was negative.

Oh dear, the anonymous reputation posters have been at Betty again.

I like it so much when these scared wee people pick on a big girl. I bet it makes them feel sooooooooooo good, a bit like these sad impotent blokes who drive big flash cars.

And we all know why they do that don't we.

I though this thread was going to be a "sticky" - but it seems to be dropping down now after only 4 days??

Obviously the glue isn't as strong as the desire to retain this function....

wickerinca Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SweatyBetty
    Oh dear, the anonymous reputation posters have been at Betty again.

I like it so much when these scared wee people pick on a big girl. I bet it makes them feel sooooooooooo good, a bit like these sad impotent blokes who drive big flash cars.

And we all know why they do that don't we.
    What did they get after you for this time

Quote Originally Posted by wickerinca
    What did they get after you for this time
    Ah dear friend, they didn't like the things I said about England v Italy or Wales v Scotland.
    However, anonymous rep points are soon to be banned I believe; that will sort out these wooosies.

However, anonymous rep points are soon to be banned I believe; that will sort out these wooosies. [/QUOTE]
    Very good idea if you have a view on something then put your name to it .I got negative rep for helping rich62 to get a house up here a snotty comment with it and no name totally uncalled for but we are all different thankfully ,rich62 was more than happy with the help and thats all that counts.

wickerinca Guest

I do hope they will be banned. if you don't like a post then by all means bad rep it but at least have the decency to put your name to it.....and if you don't like the manner of a certain person's posts...then don't read them!!

Sorry to dredge this out of the archives but when are the new rules going to apply? I've just had an anonymous good rep with no comment and am dying to know why I got it and who posted it so can quite see the point of changing this. Actually posted one myself couple of days ago, the first I'd done, and too late realised I'd put a comment but no name so PMd the recipient to apologise. Seems odd the system doesn't automatically add the poster's name
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    Sorry to dredge this out of the archives but when are the new rules going to apply? I've just had an anonymous good rep with no comment and am dying to know why I got it and who posted it so can quite see the point of changing this. Actually posted one myself couple of days ago, the first I'd done, and too late realised I'd put a comment but no name so PMd the recipient to apologise. Seems odd the system doesn't automatically add the poster's name
    I've left a few reps but I never left my name as I always assumed that it would be left automatically. It wasn't until I started getting rep of my own that I realised that reps are anonymous.

That's exactly what I did !

I'm receiving anonymous reps with no comment - is that still allowed?

Obviously they weren't positive!

C'est la vie.

Zambo
    Drop Niall a PM - they are not allowed - he will remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    Zambo
    Drop Niall a PM - they are not allowed - he will remove them.
    I didn't PM Niall but my anon good rep. has been removed anyway. So now I'll never know who it was and my points have gone down Sob. Suppose if it had been a bad one I'd have been grateful - swings and roundabouts.

I have received two positive reps and have blue squares for them. What do the blue squares mean?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I think it means that the person who has left the rep hasn't got a high enough reputation themselves to actual affect your rep, if that makes sense.
    You get what you give

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast