Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A song that everyone can agree on is dreadful.

I tend to use the rules this man sets out -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4

Interesting one in there for all the hip hoppers

Anything by Bruce Springsteen, U2 (except Sunday Bloody Sunday), Bon Jovi (SPEW!!!),Def Leppard, Kiss, The Fray, So Solid Crew, Miley Cyrus
    (but i dont mind looking at her) Metallica and bands in a similar vein, Scouting for Girls (oh my god please die) MCR, but its mainly BON JOVI that excites my hate buds

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Anything by Bruce Springsteen, U2 (except Sunday Bloody Sunday), Bon Jovi (SPEW!!!),Def Leppard, Kiss, The Fray, So Solid Crew, Miley Cyrus
    (but i dont mind looking at her) Metallica and bands in a similar vein, Scouting for Girls (oh my god please die) MCR, but its mainly BON JOVI that excites my hate buds

Especially sunday bloody sunday by U2. Spice Girls, Maria Carrey , So Solid crew is a good one to dislike - 21 seconds -aargh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Agreed.

Saw a youtube clip of Dio really ripping on Campbell to some fans at a signing session. Dio called him all sorts of unsavoury words, and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to search youtube for that clip. No sir-ee. no sir-ee at all.

As for the Lepps, I'd add the third album to the list of acceptable fare, if you don't mind mate. Pyromania was a groundbreaker, and the first time that those huge backing vocals were apparent. The thing that made Pyromania better than Hysteria was the abundance of proper rock songs as a base for the fledgling studio gloss. Think 'rock song with gloss added' rather than 'gloss slapped all over rock song' and you'll maybe understand.

Aye you're right enough, Pyromania is pretty good. Photograph is quality.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

What about the crap modern day classics, the birdy song, itsy bitsy teen weeny, superman - uh uh uh uh uh uh uh superman

Oh and anything by Nickleback
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    Oh and anything by Nickleback
    YES! How could I forget the vile music this band make!

Anything by Enya, she always sounds like she should work on an Adult chat line with all that panting!
    Also just about anything done by Stock Aitken and Waterman, Its all the same song, pete waterman just changed the key and tempo!!!

nickleback - rockstar
    kid rock - all summer long

two of the worst songs i have ever heard released in the same year! how can people like them

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I would strongly disagree with your decision to criticize Bruce Springsteen, U2, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard and Kiss.

But two words for you all - Barbie Girl.
    I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore

The kid rock ditty was an egregiously bad song especially as it half-inched a Warren Zevon masterpiece.
    "But primarily, the drummer's supposed to sit back there and swing the band." The actual Buddy Rich

any band that starts with 'The' counts.

i could be here all day listing bands starting with 'The'.

the fray - how to save a life... absolute garbage

Anything by: spice girls, busted, westlife, charlie and the boys, dane bowers(remember him?), rod stewart, boyzone, posh spice, the kooks, ginger spice, razorlight, baby spice, doof doof dance acts, scary spice, doof doof trance acts, sporty spice, most bands begining with "the"(THE enemy are quality tho).

Can't remember any more. It's really hard remembering music you don't like!

P.S. The Who are another good band begining with "the".
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

ye i suppose, but i should say any band starting with 'The' and who are also indie.

surely Tatu have to be up there also?

Quote Originally Posted by colin stoner View Post
    ye i suppose, but i should say any band starting with 'The' and who are also indie.

surely Tatu have to be up there also?
    No they get to stay just for their video!!!!!

very true!

cheeky girls is i think the worst song ever. i have never met anyone who doesnt think it was bad!

7 Things by Miley Cyrus is one of the best pop songs of last year. FACT.

Mountains by Biffy Clyro was probably the worst song of 2008. They chorus is the most dreadful thing imaginable. It just doesn't work. Must try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    (THE enemy are quality tho)
    ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Blast! View Post
    7 Things by Miley Cyrus is one of the best pop songs of last year. FACT.
    Fiction surely...

Come to think of it Mountains by Biffy Clyro is probably the worst song of 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by blast! View Post
    ffs

f.u
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast