Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: God Bless America.

Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    What was wonderful about it?
    Nothing really, but everyone seems to be caught up in it. Actions speak louder than words. Let the first black leader do his worstest!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Nothing really, but everyone seems to be caught up in it. Actions speak louder than words. Let the first black leader do his worstest!
    It's a landmark I suppose but then, so would it be if it was a woman, chinese, japanese, dirty knees, blah.
    All that is important or all that should be important is that he is the right person for the job, his colour is unimportant.

Default Swear

What was wonderful about it?
    That the supreme court justice tried to throw a spanner in the works and Obama had the charm and presense of mind to come through it smiling.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

It's a landmark I suppose but then, so would it be if it was a woman, chinese, japanese, dirty knees, blah.
    All that is important or all that should be important is that he is the right person for the job, his colour is unimportant.

We've had a woman. I'm not worried what he looks lek.

We've had a woman. I'm not worried what he looks lek.
    Aye we did and wrongly or rightly according to some, she was the right person for the job at that moment in time.
    I'm not worried what he looks like either, all that concerns me is that he is in charge of the most powerful country on earth and I hope he is up to the job.
    I hope so for all our sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    That the supreme court justice tried to throw a spanner in the works and Obama had the charm and presense of mind to come through it smiling.
    That was the light relief.

Aye we did and wrongly or rightly according to some, she was the right person for the job at that moment in time.
    I'm not worried what he looks like either, all that concerns me is that he is in charge of the most powerful country on earth and I hope he is up to the job.
    I hope so for all our sakes.

I wouldn't worry so much, pretty bad job so far from most world leaders. First impressions, he feels a bit more real but that could all be an act.
    The only positive comment I can give about Obama right now is that he's LUSH

I wouldn't worry so much, pretty bad job so far from most world leaders. First impressions, he feels a bit more real but that could all be an act.
    It's definitely an act, "He's not the Messiah, He's a very naughty boy". I had an aunty that was a lush, sherry was her vice.

Oh Sweetpea - your last sentence says so much about the hopes and aspirations of western civilisation today and the east is fast catchin up probably!

It's definitely an act, "He's not the Messiah, He's a very naughty boy". I had an aunty that was a lush, sherry was her vice.
    Sadly no Messiah like you say. He got a good turn out tho for his ceremony thing.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Oh Sweetpea - your last sentence says so much about the hopes and aspirations of western civilisation today and the east is fast catchin up probably!

Yeah well hope is one thing doing is another. Convince me. At least he's eye candy. Well done the east then.

Yeah well hope is one thing doing is another. Convince me. At least he's eye candy. Well done the east then.
    What can I say - but give a deep sigh of despair?

I enjoyed the Obama Show on telly. Then I watched the programme on BBC2 about his past life. He seems very committed to trying to make things better for everyone. There was no one else running I'd have wanted for president. Best of luck to him.

I didn't have time to watch it, too busy working but got the highlights on every station after work.
    I'll stand by my word - if he makes a difference then well done but I'll wait and see.

they say that 'iss guy is 'e most powerful man in 'e world but i dina believe 'at....

i reckon that he is choost the new 'face' for 'e public an that there are actually 7 people (probly men) who do all 'e thinkin (conspirin) behind 'e scenes.

barack obama is merely a puppet!!

choost voicin ma opinion.....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

can i choost add that i believe nothin at face value from 'e government.....until its been officially denied
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Oh dear shame you missed such a world shattering event as the weakest link and you had to watch the swearing in of the First Ever Coloured President of the USA.

Personally I thought he just proved he is just Human as it was quite clear that it was just a touch of nerves that made him slip a little.

For all those who did not see it here is a link to the bit you are moaning on about :-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7840564.stm

If you did not wish to witness this event you could have changed over to BBC2 and watched "Celebrity Cash in the Attic" you might have found that more interesting.
    Calling a black man "coloured" is racist, Kodiak.

You, too. You're both disgusting.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    Calling a black man "coloured" is racist, Kodiak.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TBH

You, too. You're both disgusting.

Jeeze Pepsi, what side of the bed did you get out of this morning?

Let's face it yer man can only be an improvement on the the Dubya Dips**t that preceded him!
    It's a win - win situ as far as I can see!

I'm gonna miss Geordie Bush he was kinda cool in a redneck/marry your cousin kinda way. He always came across as literate as the guy on Simpsons with all the kids!!!!.
    Barrack certainly has alot to rise up to as the worlds media have hailed him as nothing short of the "new messiah".
    He certainly talks a good game i just hope he isnt writing cheques his butt cant cash.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast