Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Co-op thurso

I was in this afternoon and I thought it was great! A vast improvement all round. The veg section was most impressive, quite a few lines I haven't seen in the Co-op before.

Obviously work is still ongoing and we have to make allowances for this.

If the Co-op keep up this standard, which I sincerely hope they do, they will give Tesco a run for their money any day.

I was also in this afternoon and thought what a difference. There is so much more room in the aisles which it was badly needed.

Default Co-op thurso

Just back from the co-op, i like the lay out, more room to move about, it will take a while to navigate around the store but what i found myself doing was taking more notice of different prices, just hope they dont go and up the prices to pay for the new lay out, one thing i did feel sorry for was the poor lassies sitting at the tills, they were frozen, one of them had suggested if they moved the door back where the fag counter is it would make a huge difference.

well was in the coop this morning, and what a difference in the place, a lot better spaced out, and more room to move about in. the shop looks so much bigger now, amazing what moving stuff about can do, it will be worth it when they get it finished in feb.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

In this morning but although delighted with the spacious layout was very disappointed that many good selling lines have been removed. Met some other folks with the same complaint about the same products, so we can`t all be wrong!

None of the checkouts had an operator waiting for the shoppers and I had to ask which one to put my stuff up on. By the time I was leaving (8 large bags full) there was quite a queue and still only one cashier on.

Hopefully just teething troubles though.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

I went up from Wick to check out your new store. Most impressed. Yes there was a shortage on the frozen foods (for example) but no doubt the stock was run down a bit due to the closure.
    Aisles much more spacious, shelfing lower in height and unlike Wick.....you have a Deli!
    Overall, much improved.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

can you now get round the co-op with a pram?
    that was the reason I stopped going...I would only get 1/2 way up an aisle to have to back down it bacause of a shelf stacking trolley or people talking over their trollies which would send my demented... its bad enough to go round a supermarket with children at the best of times...
    Oh and do they have customer toilets....potty training!!

You would definately get round with your pram, unless they start leaving big stocking crates and two buggies then need to pass.
    Surprised you are able to use computer but still in need of potty.

I walked past it today, never had time to stop in but saw in the windows! It looks really different!! When i get time i will pop in and take a look!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Sadly, no loos.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Popped in today about 3pm, nice layout, picked up a bottle of cough medicine and stood in checkout queue. There were four individual customers in front. The first one wanted cigarettes, so the till lady leaves the checkout, wonders over to the kiosk, waits a bit, collects the fags and wonders back.. Next person nothing unusual, a few tins and some spuds.. next (one in front of me) a few tins of something, and; "can I have some cigarettes?" so the till lady leaves the checkout, wonders over to the kiosk, waits a bit, collects the fags and wonders back..
    Why the hell should I have to be inconvenienced and hang around? I might as well go over to the fag kiosk and ask for "tin of beans please"..
    Not experienced this anywhere else - so go to Co-op? no thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by poppett View Post
    Sadly, no loos.
    It would be good if they would add some wouldnt it! And maybe a baby changing facility!

I hate going to the central because i have to leave my pram downstairs which i dont like at all!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    It would be good if they would add some wouldnt it! And maybe a baby changing facility!

I hate going to the central because i have to leave my pram downstairs which i dont like at all!
    ohhh...and perhaps an indoor heated swimming pool ..with of course a childs paddling pool!!!

it is a shop...

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Popped in today about 3pm, nice layout, picked up a bottle of cough medicine and stood in checkout queue. There were four individual customers in front. The first one wanted cigarettes, so the till lady leaves the checkout, wonders over to the kiosk, waits a bit, collects the fags and wonders back.. Next person nothing unusual, a few tins and some spuds.. next (one in front of me) a few tins of something, and; "can I have some cigarettes?" so the till lady leaves the checkout, wonders over to the kiosk, waits a bit, collects the fags and wonders back..
    Why the hell should I have to be inconvenienced and hang around? I might as well go over to the fag kiosk and ask for "tin of beans please"..
    Not experienced this anywhere else - so go to Co-op? no thanks..
    I see no reason why you cannot ask for beans at the fag counter. Whats good for the goose......
    I can understand some folk want to pay it all in one but I would too get annoyed being held up in the queue for that reason.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234