Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Co-op thurso

Smile supermarkets

shelley,hubby went shopping in tesco this week for the same things we bought last week and it cost a tenner more.seems all their fruit n veg has gone up too but not up at co-op(yet)

Thanks for being gentle, And you are right about it being dark, But just think what it will be like once it is all done up,So I will be interested to hear what you have to say, so watch this space eh

Quote Originally Posted by Undine View Post
    First if all i would like to say hi to you as i am new to this, please be gentle as one or two of you can be a bit sharp, I did not think the cop was a dump, a bit old maybe and needs to freshen up, but I find it ok price of stuff is fine, staff are friendly, some of you don't seem to like it very much, why!!!!
    first of all undine, welcome to the org, you will find most of us are a nice.
    i agree with you, the coop isnt a dump mayby a bit outdated and the staff are lovely cant say i have ever had a problem with any of them, cant wait to see it whrn they reveal the majority of the makeover on thursday.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    shelley,hubby went shopping in tesco this week for the same things we bought last week and it cost a tenner more.seems all their fruit n veg has gone up too but not up at co-op(yet)
    think some things are cheaper in the coop and dearer in tesco, and vice versa, its a case of shopping around.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    think some things are cheaper in the coop and dearer in tesco, and vice versa, its a case of shopping around.
    Thats true balto! Prices are different everywhere!

Just wish i drove! Lol! Then i would go to all supermarkets! But think on the carbon footprint!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Thats true balto! Prices are different everywhere!

Just wish i drove! Lol! Then i would go to all supermarkets! But think on the carbon footprint!!!
    aye plus your shopping would end up more, seeing all the different stuff all the supermarkets have, thats why i stick to the coop.

Glad Co-op is getting its refurbishment done, but hope they don`t try to do the same as they did in the Brora shop. Their middle aisles are so narrow two browsers down the same aisle at the same time causes a trolleyjam!

The Brora co-op also seem to use the Kiosk as their main checkout which causes another snarl up in the middle aisles.

If each check-out had a scratchcard and lottery facility then the queue at the kiosk with full baskets would be much shorter. This has been tried and tested by Tesco at Corstorphine in Edinburgh and seems to work really well. They also have a "runner" for tobacco products so one stop shopping... brilliant!
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    aye plus your shopping would end up more, seeing all the different stuff all the supermarkets have, thats why i stick to the coop.
    Lol yep thats exactly what i wud do!! Think i see a bargain, buy it even tho i really dont need it! Like coffee! Am mad for buying coffee!

Douwe Egberts is usually £2.99 or large jar £5.99 so if i see them on offer even if i know i have tonnes in the house i will buy loads more!!! Im terrible for that!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

The thing is will it make any difference if the coop gets a refurb because i reckon if tesco gets the go ahead and makes a store in thurso to the same standard as the one in wick i would say the coop is finished and it would probably be better for everyone if the coop changes its name to asda rather than refurb.
    Its amazing with the run down of dounreay u see all these big retailers comming to caithness i never understand this because caithness could have done with all this 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE View Post
    The thing is will it make any difference if the coop gets a refurb because i reckon if tesco gets the go ahead and makes a store in thurso to the same standard as the one in wick i would say the coop is finished and it would probably be better for everyone if the coop changes its name to asda rather than refurb.
    Its amazing with the run down of dounreay u see all these big retailers comming to caithness i never understand this because caithness could have done with all this 20 years ago.
    Get a life,leave the coop alone!

Quote Originally Posted by misty woman View Post
    aye i know

The coop is not just in thurso and wick! They are a multi-chain company! Same as Coop, Somerfield, Lidl....etc etc...

So maybe if (I said IF) they are not doing so good up here...they might be doing brilliantly in many other stores!

So maybe a re-vamp wil do the trick! I know personally i am quite nosey when it comes to seeing newly decorated places so i will be in buying stuff. And if i really do like the changes then the Coop it will be from then on!!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by misty woman View Post
    I think giving me a bad rep point for saying that its a bit silly?
    I dont no about u but i aint loyal to any supermarket its a case of whos cheapest and to be honest about i hope tescos does build big supermarket in thurso to the same standard as the one in wick its about time thurso had a decent supermarket rather then rely on the coop.And i dont think the coop has seen much competion in thurso but i think that will all change soon.
    If i worked in the coop in thurso i would serousily think about jumping ship if tescos get built.?

so has anyone been down to the co-op yet? I think they open again today? I haven't been down yet but hoping to go down a look at sometime, I'm too nosey not to go down!

Not yet but I will be going this afternoon, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will look and be good.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I would be going if i wasna waiting for a delivery! Stupid new furniture was meant to be here this morning!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

i was in this morning with my partner and what a difference, looks soo much better and theres far more room

will be better once theyve done the makeover in feb
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    i was in this morning with my partner and what a difference, looks soo much better and theres far more room

will be better once theyve done the makeover in feb
    I was in this afternoon and by what you posted I think I must have gone ito the wrong shop.

The Co-op I went into was Terrible, it was Cold, not very clean and the walls were bare. I admit there was a bit more room but there was less stock.

Now, do not ge wrong, I am a great fan of the Co-op as I even have shares in it, but this what they have tried to do iis a BIG Mistake.

It is only half done and in my opinion if they knew they could not finish until February then they should not have started until then and they could have completed the refurbishment all in the one go.

I am Highly disappointed indeed.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I was in this afternoon and by what you posted I think I must have gone ito the wrong shop.

The Co-op I went into was Terrible, it was Cold, not very clean and the walls were bare. I admit there was a bit more room but there was less stock.

Now, do not ge wrong, I am a great fan of the Co-op as I even have shares in it, but this what they have tried to do iis a BIG Mistake.

It is only half done and in my opinion if they knew they could not finish until February then they should not have started until then and they could have completed the refurbishment all in the one go.

I am Highly disappointed indeed.
    was looking forward to haing a wee look tomorrow, but not sure now. but glad it is back open, tescos is right enough, but i personnaly found it a lot dearer than the coop and the staff werent as friendly either, but that is just my opinion. the coop seems more community based.

its set out better
    lack of stock could be due to waiting on a load
    i found it warmer than normal, they had to do the major work first which they have done

i shop between tesco and coop.... coop is closer but i like alot of stuff in tesco but prefer coops meat
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast