Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Co-op thurso

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    all co-ops are undergoing makeovers,and it wasnt safeway that was bought by the co-operatives it was somerfields.
    no it was presto's
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

kitty kat i would like to correct you on that.dirdyweeker said safeways (wick) was bought over by the co-op but it was somerfields building that they purchased not prestos or safeways.wick hasnt had a prestos for a long time.

I miss presto in thurso! It was where Aurora and Semi chem are now wasnt it?! My mum used to work there!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

kitty kat i would like to correct you on that.dirdyweeker said safeways (wick) was bought over by the co-op but it was somerfields building that they purchased not prestos or safeways.wick hasnt had a prestos for a long time.
    Yeah sorry, it has changed hands so often I am losing track of what it is actually called. It sure is Somerfields!
    Still, the questions remains. Which one is the Coop going to "do up" in Wick?
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default wick store

shoudnt be long now before we hear of their decision.there is a lot of work needed to be done on the somerfield store.i hope they keep on the one at angle park cause theres more room to shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I miss presto in thurso! It was where Aurora and Semi chem are now wasnt it?! My mum used to work there!
    I used to work in Presto's in Thurso as well, who was your mother ShelleyBain?

Spoke to one of the Wick staff today and she says it will be February before they get told which shop is being kept on.

Notice in todays 'Groat' it says the Post Office in the Thurso Coop will be closed during alterations.

I spoke to the Post Office Staff in the Thurso on Monday past and they advised me that they would be open during the alterations. They said that the right hand door would be open for Post Office Customers. I think they really need to be open as many people need to collect their Pension on Monday and not everyone has a car to go elsewhere.

I will go down to the Post Office tomorrow and will check with them again as it sounds as if they have changed their minds.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

its about time the coop got a revamp... place is a dump!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default Thurso Co-op

The Post Office is open as normal during refurbishment, there was a mistake made in today's paper

First if all i would like to say hi to you as i am new to this, please be gentle as one or two of you can be a bit sharp, I did not think the cop was a dump, a bit old maybe and needs to freshen up, but I find it ok price of stuff is fine, staff are friendly, some of you don't seem to like it very much, why!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Undine View Post
    First if all i would like to say hi to you as i am new to this, please be gentle as one or two of you can be a bit sharp, I did not think the cop was a dump, a bit old maybe and needs to freshen up, but I find it ok price of stuff is fine, staff are friendly, some of you don't seem to like it very much, why!!!!
    First of all....welcome to the Org!

I will be gentle!

There were a few reasons why i never liked the coop, really stupid reasons though!

I did not like how when i entered the store and pushing a trolly in, there would be a queue of people waiting to be served at the fag counter and trying to get past was a nightmare! Also i always thought the store was very dark and isles very high (no im not short lol)

Dont get me wrong i dont have a problem with the staff. I know there is one person who was always extremelly rude and sharp with me though!

Yes the prices are reasonable, probably cheaper than tesco!!

But i just think the place does need a wee make over...then i might consider going there more often! I have only been 3-4 times in the last 2 years! And that was probably for the post office!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default co-op

welcome to the org Undine,dont be to worried about us we wont bite.shelley which co-op are you talking about,wick or thurso?

welcome to the org Undine,dont be to worried about us we wont bite.shelley which co-op are you talking about,wick or thurso?
    Hey Butterfly, im talking about the Thurso one. I have been in the wick one but can not really remember what it looks like!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Default co-op

shelley i have not been in thurso one,i believe it is smaller than the wick one am i right?there is plenty space to shop in the wick one although it looks small compared to tescos!and a lot cheaper than tescos too

Exclamation

Shelley, the "Fag counter" as you call it is more used by people playing the Lottery!...Much to we smoker's disgust!

ShelleyBain, I know what you mean about the queue as you go into the Coop with your trolley. Can the queue not form in another direction to ease congestion? Maybe with the refurb the powers that be will change that corner.

Quote Originally Posted by dirdyweeker View Post
    ShelleyBain, I know what you mean about the queue as you go into the Coop with your trolley. Can the queue not form in another direction to ease congestion? Maybe with the refurb the powers that be will change that corner.

I asked a member of staff what changes will be made and thay said that the new check-outs were going to across where the Cigarette Counter is.

So it looks like a complete change, that is if this member of staff is correct. We will have to wait and see.

Also was in this morning and the Post Office staff say they are open as normal next week and Not closed as printed in the Groat.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Lol yeah forgot about the lottery people! I mind once i was just going to buy "smokes" and a guy infront o me spent an amazing £90 on the lottery and thunderballs etc etc etc!!! Took ages!!

If its totally re-vamped then as i said i may consider dropping in there more! But the problem also is i have no car and all my shopping for 5 people wont fit under my pram! and its quite far to walk for me!

Considering changing to lidls!! They seem to be far cheaper for alot of products now! Sick of spending so much on food.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

shelley i have not been in thurso one,i believe it is smaller than the wick one am i right?there is plenty space to shop in the wick one although it looks small compared to tescos!and a lot cheaper than tescos too
    Butterfly - yes the Thurso one is a slight bit smaller than the Wick one. I quite believe that most other supermarket chains seem to be getting cheaper than Tesco! And i am sick of their "fluctuating" prices!

One week i bought squirty cream (YUM) and it cost me 77p....only 4 days later it was up to £1.23 and then came back down again and back up! It is annoying! I notice it on alot of their products now! Iv had enuf!

They wouldn't do this to us at Somerfield! I liked Somerfield far more!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast