Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: tattoos

Default tattoos

hello does anyone know the name and number for the person that comes to your house and does tattoos? i think there is a few but not sure. thanks
    Last edited by mrs and mr brown; 31-Dec-08 at 18:55.

think the tattooist is from dunbeath any one know his name and number?

There is a guy, dont know his number but think its called "Billy's tattoos". He was at someones house up my street.

Sorry that is not much help but it might make a small difference to your search!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Why not go to a tattoo parlour safer and hygenic.

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    Why not go to a tattoo parlour safer and hygenic.
    Not always! I would recommend the new place in Inverness...inver Ink! I have not been there but have heard that it is extremelly high standard and my partner knows the guy in there and he is excellent!

I got 3 of mine done in Alness....would not really recommend there! Mines all fading now and edges and lines are not great!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Not always! I would recommend the new place in Inverness...inver Ink! I have not been there but have heard that it is extremelly high standard and my partner knows the guy in there and he is excellent!

I got 3 of mine done in Alness....would not really recommend there! Mines all fading now and edges and lines are not great!

If there not safe and hygenic why go in the first place.

Hubby got his done in inver ink. Very clean and hygenic and tattoo looks fab. I will be there for my next one i think.

i got a tattoo done in inver ink 2 weeks ago -- nice, clean and very modern-- tattoo is great

place in nairn is great but not so up tp date but the guy is 2nd to none -- highly recommend both..
    jac

thanks to everyone who has posted about my thread. i am still looking for a home tattooist, havnt yet had a number if anyone could help me that would be great,

Quote Originally Posted by telfordstar View Post
    If there not safe and hygenic why go in the first place.

Hubby got his done in inver ink. Very clean and hygenic and tattoo looks fab. I will be there for my next one i think.
    I went because i thought they were awsome at the time but now they are not so good! I never really had a problem with the hygiene.

I would not go back there. Would just rather get my partner to do them now!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Got mine done in Dingwall. Excellent work and the guy is a good laugh as well which helps put you at ease!!!!

As far as I'm aware there are no licenced mobile tattooists in the area.
    The Big Man

Default Alness

My friend got her tattoo done in Alness, and the guy dropped the tattooing instrument (don’t know what it's called) whilst he was tattooing her, he just picked it up of the floor and continued tattooing, about 2 days later her tattoo was infected. She was silly to let him continue I know but he should have realised to sterilise is surly? Would not recommend them
    "some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty.... i say u gunna drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by lildj View Post
    My friend got her tattoo done in Alness, and the guy dropped the tattooing instrument (don’t know what it's called) whilst he was tattooing her, he just picked it up of the floor and continued tattooing, about 2 days later her tattoo was infected. She was silly to let him continue I know but he should have realised to sterilise is surly? Would not recommend them
    I have to agree, the last place to get a tattoo done has got to be Alness, my leg is a mess, he went in too deep or at the wrong angle and the ink has seeped into the layer of fat under the skin, it just looks like a big blue bruise all round my tattoo! I know I've bleated on about this before but I'm still really miffed.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Julia View Post
    I have to agree, the last place to get a tattoo done has got to be Alness, my leg is a mess, he went in too deep or at the wrong angle and the ink has seeped into the layer of fat under the skin, it just looks like a big blue bruise all round my tattoo! I know I've bleated on about this before but I'm still really miffed.
    heard alot of bad things about them, thats awful about ur tattoo, can u not get a cover up tattoo? or are u not to keen on that idea?
    "some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty.... i say u gunna drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by lildj View Post
    heard alot of bad things about them, thats awful about ur tattoo, can u not get a cover up tattoo? or are u not to keen on that idea?
    I'm having it looked at later this month, I have an appointment with Callum McWilliam in Inverness who can hopefully cover it or the worst bits.
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Default mobile tattooist

hi there hope this will help , we past them on our way back from inverness yesterday, called Ta 2 U mobile tattooists tel 07513041897, let me know how you go on as quite interested myself.
    regards
    nicnak

Default Tattooists

Had one done at Inver Ink in Inverness on Monday and i wouldn't go anywhere else. Their work and hygiene are brilliant! The guy that did mine is opening a shop probably in Thurso in around 5 months time. They are not cheap but well worth every penny!

The 3 tattoos i got done at alness (i was young at the time so they looked great) but the first one i got done it was 2 years ago and it has faded and the corners...well there are none and there are meant to be! I have one on my wrist and it has faded, lines are not straight. My 3rd one was extremelly detailed and the guy missed bits out! (All 3 designed by me and my oh)

I got my 4th done just a couple of months ago by my OH (Starting out) and it is awsome! I was the first person he has tattooed, obviously after ALOT of practice and i couldnt be happier! When he gets time he is going to fix my other 3!

And i aim to get at least 3 more tattoos this year!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ashaw1 View Post
    Had one done at Inver Ink in Inverness on Monday and i wouldn't go anywhere else. Their work and hygiene are brilliant! The guy that did mine is opening a shop probably in Thurso in around 5 months time. They are not cheap but well worth every penny!
    Do you know where the shop is going to be in Thurso? I've decided on my tattoo at last , but would suit me better to wait and have it done here since they're coming to a town near me!!
    PEACE LOVE LIGHT & HARMONY

Quote Originally Posted by anneoctober View Post
    Do you know where the shop is going to be in Thurso? I've decided on my tattoo at last , but would suit me better to wait and have it done here since they're coming to a town near me!!
    Don't think that's been finalised yet, it was going to be either Wick or Thurso but Thurso is looking more likely. They are definately worth waiting for. Young, talented guys who definately know what they are doing, they really put you at ease. If the shop up here is anything like the one in Inverness it will be spacious, modern and you can see them at work through a glass wall. Nothing is too much effort for them.
    Last edited by ashaw1; 07-Jan-09 at 13:07. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast