Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Co-op thurso

Default Co-op thurso

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, the Thurso Co-op will be closing at 6pm on Saturday 17th Jan for refurbishment and reopening on Thursday 22nd Jan at 8am.

are they having a small party for their reopening ?? its the big co-op down town in thurso thats closing not the spring park 1
    Last edited by Mr P Cannop; 14-Jan-09 at 19:44.

Im quite glad that the Coop is getting refurbished!! I always found it very dull in there, isles far too high and squashed together! Maybe it will be a bitty brighter!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

The Co-op might be closed but the Post Office inside will still be open. This just in case there are any .orgers like me who need to collect their Pension.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    The Co-op might be closed but the Post Office inside will still be open. This just in case there are any .orgers like me who need to collect their Pension.
    Pension Kodiak....i would never have thought!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I Know Mrs Kodiak says I am only 8 Years old, but that she says is my Mental age. Unfortunately I am now a OAP and I collect my Pension every Monday.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Im quite glad that the Coop is getting refurbished!! I always found it very dull in there, isles far too high and squashed together! Maybe it will be a bitty brighter!
    Wait until you see it finished and you will be wishing it was the old way lol

dont know what i am going to do without the coop for that few days, i know tesco is there but not to keen on it to be honest.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    dont know what i am going to do without the coop for that few days, i know tesco is there but not to keen on it to be honest.
    go to the one in spring park

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    go to the one in spring park
    no offence ment but that shop really isnt up to much, plus it is to expensive go in if its an emergancy but thats about it.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post

Or give Lidl a try, you never know you might like it.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Or give Lidl a try, you never know you might like it.
    that is where i most likely will end up, but not so handy away at the other side of town without a car, and a baby to take in a pram, best idea will be stock up and avoid going out for the few days, will save money in the end that way to.

If it is a struggle to get out Frasers shop on Castlegreen Road will take your order over the phone and deliver it to you the same day if you stay in Thurso. Been a great help to us during illnesses in the past when confined to the house.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Im gonna sound lazy here but quite alot i will use tesco direct lol! I hate going shopping!! It annoys me trying to pick stuff!!! And if i take the OH he puts stuff in the trolly!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    Im gonna sound lazy here but quite alot i will use tesco direct lol! I hate going shopping!! It annoys me trying to pick stuff!!! And if i take the OH he puts stuff in the trolly!
    i also like there delivery where its from the wick store you get more choice and you can always find money off coupons online to cover the delivery cost
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

glad to hear that coop will be refubished.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty kat View Post
    i also like there delivery where its from the wick store you get more choice and you can always find money off coupons online to cover the delivery cost
    I get on with the delivery people really well too! They always help me put the shopping away and that! So nice o them! And to me it is cheaper!

If i went to the tesco i would be spending about £60-£70 because i will walk past things and think its a great bargain and then a taxi home is £3. If i buy online i spend about £40 then the £4.50 delivery! So i cant go wrong with online shopping!

And takin my son in the car seat is a pain!!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Oh that is such good news it is being refurbished. I really hope it will be alittle more spacious now!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

that is good that the Thurso Coop is getting a makeover BUT what happened to the Wick store? Safeways were bought over by them a long time ago now and I personally have never heard which store they are going to be occupying. Best look out to see if Wick Coop is going to get a makeover too then.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default co-op makeover

all co-ops are undergoing makeovers,and it wasnt safeway that was bought by the co-operatives it was somerfields.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast