Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Co-op thurso

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

kitty kat i would like to correct you on that.dirdyweeker said safeways (wick) was bought over by the co-op but it was somerfields building that they purchased not prestos or safeways.wick hasnt had a prestos for a long time.

I miss presto in thurso! It was where Aurora and Semi chem are now wasnt it?! My mum used to work there!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I miss presto in thurso! It was where Aurora and Semi chem are now wasnt it?! My mum used to work there!
    I used to work in Presto's in Thurso as well, who was your mother ShelleyBain?

Spoke to one of the Wick staff today and she says it will be February before they get told which shop is being kept on.

Notice in todays 'Groat' it says the Post Office in the Thurso Coop will be closed during alterations.
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

I spoke to the Post Office Staff in the Thurso on Monday past and they advised me that they would be open during the alterations. They said that the right hand door would be open for Post Office Customers. I think they really need to be open as many people need to collect their Pension on Monday and not everyone has a car to go elsewhere.

I will go down to the Post Office tomorrow and will check with them again as it sounds as if they have changed their minds.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

its about time the coop got a revamp... place is a dump!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default Thurso Co-op

The Post Office is open as normal during refurbishment, there was a mistake made in today's paper

First if all i would like to say hi to you as i am new to this, please be gentle as one or two of you can be a bit sharp, I did not think the cop was a dump, a bit old maybe and needs to freshen up, but I find it ok price of stuff is fine, staff are friendly, some of you don't seem to like it very much, why!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    kitty kat i would like to correct you on that.dirdyweeker said safeways (wick) was bought over by the co-op but it was somerfields building that they purchased not prestos or safeways.wick hasnt had a prestos for a long time.
    Yeah sorry, it has changed hands so often I am losing track of what it is actually called. It sure is Somerfields!
    Still, the questions remains. Which one is the Coop going to "do up" in Wick?
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Default wick store

shoudnt be long now before we hear of their decision.there is a lot of work needed to be done on the somerfield store.i hope they keep on the one at angle park cause theres more room to shop there.