Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fab Channel

Default Fab Channel

Came across this site - it's fantastic: full live gigs for nowt. I wonder if the same thing will happen here in Scotland?

http://www.fabchannel.com/

Thanks for the link, I look forward to taking full advantage of it -lots of selection available, though the sound isnt the best on some of them.

Best.name.evar!

Thanks. It's the name of me band, we're like a Foo Fighters tribute. BUt a lot, lot worse - hence the crap.

A Foo Fighters tribute eh? Hell, that's not gonna be very good at all.

Funny, I know a band called Astronot, although they sound nothing like the Foo Fighters, Mr Gordon.

The power of laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard!

I was once a journalist well I thought I was. I wrote some words on a bit of paper does that count?.
    Let me think would I wanted to Be IN a band or just write about it? mmmm Tough choice being in a band takes dedication,skill,commitment. Being a journo -turn up get in for free write 100 words in my best handwriting and then some mug will pay me for it.

Nah Definitely take the band, I would like to work for a living!!!!!

No call for the snidey remarks, hotrod. Sorry to disappoint, folks, but am not astrocrap.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I was once a journalist well I thought I was. I wrote some words on a bit of paper does that count?.
    Let me think would I wanted to Be IN a band or just write about it? mmmm Tough choice being in a band takes dedication,skill,commitment. Being a journo -turn up get in for free write 100 words in my best handwriting and then some mug will pay me for it.

Nah Definitely take the band, I would like to work for a living!!!!!
    And you wonder why threads/ posts get pulled.

Good link - thanks - just listened to Candy Dulfer -not quite Maceo Parker but they do what they do well. Perhaps a bit slow getting a new direction but worth a listen.

It is always a source of disappointment that people post with just so much bile and bitterness on here. Get a life comes to mind, - if someone shares a good find why shower them with abuse. Pepsi is well able to take care of himself but why should he or anyone else have to?

Quote Originally Posted by davem View Post
    Good link - thanks - just listened to Candy Dulfer -not quite Maceo Parker but they do what they do well. Perhaps a bit slow getting a new direction but worth a listen.
    I checked that out, too, along with Swamp Dogg. Am hoping they add a lot more R'n'B an Soul gigs to the list, and I have to say the Dutch crowds are certainly a well behaved bunch.

aside from that, are you not in a band as well as reporting on them Pepsi?

anyway, probably not the best idea talkin about it cos it'll only fuel the fire i suppose...

back to the point of the thread... nice site, must have a listen later on once i get home.
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

[QUOTE=guitarzan;482306]aside from that, are you not in a band as well as reporting on them Pepsi?
    QUOTE]

I play about half a dozen gigs a year; don't have a regular band, though there are people I can usually rely on to play if they're available.

Is being in a band and writing about other bands such a problem? One person who is certainly very good at both is Doug Johnstone. www.myspace.com/northernalliancerocks
    Of course, there's also Neil Tennant, John Robb, Paul Morley, John Tams, Tobias Froberg, I could go on...

My favourite, though, is Michael Azerrad, author of Our Band Could Be your Life, and drummer of the very excellent The LeeVees www.myspace.com/theleevees

What kind of Journalist are you pepsi?? Music? I've thought about being a journalist, I've still to go to university and unsure of what I want to do for a job! I went for work experience with Iain Grant with the Courier but it wasnt really what I expected.

I understand this isnt about the fabchannel, but you gonna do about it???!

Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    And you wonder why threads/ posts get pulled.
    If you cant take a bit of banter then maybes you shouldnt be a journalist!. Thought you were one for a laugh and a giggle but is that only when you are on the dishing out end?
    the music pages has all been about a bit of banter the last while. Why didnt someone just say the other day that there is no "Music scene" up here? That must have been a bit of banter cos there certainly is!!!!

Good find by the way (Back on topic)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    What kind of Journalist are you pepsi?? Music? I've thought about being a journalist, I've still to go to university and unsure of what I want to do for a job! I went for work experience with Iain Grant with the Courier but it wasnt really what I expected.

I understand this isnt about the fabchannel, but you gonna do about it???!
    You'd be better off getting a real estate license than becoming a journalist, Kenneth. Or a dentist. Lots more money in it that's for sure. I write music/ theatre/ comedy reviews as well as features and news (though not everything has my byline on it). Send me a PM if you have any further questions.

Anyway, Fab Channel - it is that.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    If you cant take a bit of banter then maybes you shouldnt be a journalist!. Thought you were one for a laugh and a giggle but is that only when you are on the dishing out end?
    the music pages has all been about a bit of banter the last while. Why didnt someone just say the other day that there is no "Music scene" up here? That must have been a bit of banter cos there certainly is!!!!

Good find by the way (Back on topic)
    Banter and personal attacks I can handle. But there was no need to wade in with pure ignorance, fuelled by the pathetic assumption that I was astrocrap so you could take a cheap pot-shot at me. Stick to casual racism, it's suits you better.

Good channel, has 2 shows from the awesome Presidents of the United States of America so I'll be kept happy for a while!

Nice find Pepsi!
    Pictures of you, litter my floorboards.

Lol, i havnt looked at the site yet, im having too much fun reading the post!

should re-name this fab-post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast