Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Nick-Names" for pets !?

Default "Nick-Names" for pets !?

Does anyone else on here call their pets by another name other than what you originally christened them by ?

The "bairn" - our cat of 15 years and called C-For (as in C for cat, d for dog etc !!!) is called many other names by me !!!

"Ratty" being one of them as she CONSTANTLY miaows, no matter what she wants - if the door is shut, then she just HAS to be on the other side of it for whatever reason !!!!

"Chick Pea" is another name shes known by, when shes being "nice" ...

Any other nick-names for your pets ?

my dogs trixie - trixie lee

and tara aka tallulah- belle
    "You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humansuseful domestic animals."- George Mikes

We call Teddy 'snappy pants' as he still mouths quite a bit being young, our pair are also known as 'mop and bucket', Teddy cos he's like a mop and Voula as she is a bucket i.e. will eat anything.

Voula is also affectionately known as 'Darth Voula' due to her snorting, snarfling and other deep-breathing ways
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

binbob Guest

when phoebe basset was a puppy,she would pass gas so many times..we called her trumpet trousers!!!

I thought it was just me that was as mad as a box of frogs.

Zander - GSD - Pandy Woo the ninja numpty or Panda for short
    Sam - Border Collie - Samson the Dounreay wonder dog (he came from Balmore)

Cats:
    Pyewacket - The cock eyed cacket or just Cacket
    Solitaire - The Chav bird
    Monkeyboy - Does he really need a nickname with a name like that?

We also had Adolf the anti-semitic puddy tat (It was a moustache thing)

Zinger the hen - Nugget, Paxo, Dad's blonde bird.

and last but not least: Smudge the Rabbit - The arm ripper or stilts

Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Bloomin eck...where do i start, we have 4 cats and they get called loads of different names.

Gizmo, who is 19yrs old gets called Giz, Gizzy, Old Bones, Confused.com

Dexter is Dexy, Malcolm (a friend who could never remember his name kept calling him Malcolm, it kinda stuck), Superfly, Ultimate Nugget, Buddy, and quite often Dexter..you little @#=%%'@

Elle is Dexters sister and quite small, she gets called Smurf, Toots, Bug, Toodles, Doodle Bug.

Lucy is Lulu, Lolo, Lolobelle, Lu-Soo, Poofy Lu (she's soooo poofy)

Dexter............................................ ...Elle........................................... ...Gizmo

Lucy

In our house we have "monkey nuts" a 5 year old collie and "bog hopper" he's a beardie....thats eneogh explanation.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Bloomin eck...where do i start, we have 4 cats and they get called loads of different names.

Dexter is Dexy, Malcolm (a friend who could never remember his name kept calling him Malcolm, it kinda stuck), Superfly, Ultimate Nugget, Buddy, and quite often Dexter..you little @#=%%'@

Elle is Dexters sister and quite small, she gets called Smurf, Toots, Bug, Toodles, Doodle Bug.

Dexter............................................ ...Elle........................................... ...Gizmo

Lucy
    What lovely photos of your "bairns" Gizmo, they look very contented and happy cats !

ok, starting with...

cats -

Bingbing - aka - da bing, rinabing, the old maid,

Tarmac - aka - tarm, tarmy, tarmykins, big man, mamas big woosy baby

Misstoffolees - aka - magial miss mistoffolees, toffee, toffeenose, mama cat

Fluffy - aka, fluffywuffy, fluffywuffums, da fluff man, big fuffly woose, big bro

Tiny - aka tinygirl, big sis

Mr Jingles - aka jingles, da jingle man, jinglebear, jinglebells, jingleballs, wee man, furball, fleabag, little bro,

and all are fondly refered to as Bloody Cat, usually just as they are getting into trouble.

lurch the lurcher would probably also answer to Get out the way, or Go lie down!

Oh dear, here we go:
    Harry aka Harry chops
    Murphy aka Murphus Maximus leader of the northern spaniels!
    Mo aka Boo Boo or Mosey Boo
    Lucy aka Lucy Rocket, Locket or Sprocket
    Georgie aka gorgeous Georgious
    Jed aka ready Jeddie go
    Jester aka big boy
    Curly aka Curley girlie (I am NOT a GIRLIE!)

All dogs by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    What lovely photos of your "bairns" Gizmo, they look very contented and happy cats !
    Thank you Iffy, they are indeed very contented...and very very spoilt, and i wouldn't have it any other way

Talking We're All Mad.....

I'm so glad to see that there are so many other completely bonkers pet owners out there

hehehehe have a cat called cj real name calamity jane then there is tiger real name tiggy wigs and when we have the dogs holl is holly and judy is dude among other things lol x

Ours is not to reason why. Ours is but to do and die wonder where that funny thread went and whether we just imagined it...

Currently reading:- The tea leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy View Post
    Apart from the fact that my thread contained the word "pets", why on earth has it been "moved" to this site ?????

I TOTALLY give up on the "org" your "reasons" are way beyond me and obviously other "orgers" as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The thread was moved here for the simple reason that this is Pets Corner which is the forum for discussions on Pets.

Talking

You really had to hear the accent. but I had a friend from Glossop who had a friend who called his cat Cooking Fat....jist think Spoonerism!

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

Lucy
    gorgeous cats....

we hav three cats and they all have different names aswell as the ones they were given when we got them, the oldest cat skye, gets called binnie, rattie roo's, sandy the ginger tom gets called sandy sue, and the baby of the gang is puggy, who gets called posh pants and princess, strange i know.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Scallywag aka Scally, missy, lady, Scallywigwag (her tail is always wagging)
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Frodo = Satans little helper = Bloody cat = puss puss puss depending on whether he has pooped in the sink recently

Poppy gets called Poppy dog woof by Lauren or fatty by me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast