Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Homemade Pasta

Default Homemade Pasta

Santa gave me an Imperia past maker which makes spaghetti, fettucini, lasagne sheets and tagliatelle. The recipe given by the supplied instruction book was 12.25 oz of flour and two eggs, this resulted in a rubbish texture and not enough egg. Actually I ended up adding 2 more eggs. Incidentally, jamie Oliver recommends 1 egg to every 100g of flour which is about what I was doing to adjust the recipe in the book. Clearly, they have hens as big as geese in Italy!

Anyway, now that I have my dough just right thanks to Jamie, my pasta is fantastic.

Has anybody had any success and do you still make your own? I do batches and freeze balls of dough and that works ok.

cheers
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Hi,i make my own have done for ages now,love it and experimenting with different flavours,enjoy its great fun and great meals

Do you also find that it is more filling than the bought stuff or is it my imagination?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Hi, yes definatly more filling,and im sure its better for you as you know whats in it

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Do you also find that it is more filling than the bought stuff or is it my imagination?
    Not at all 100% in agreement so satisfying I sometimes boil homemade pasta with pinch salt drain add drop butter and Grated Parmesan
    Pasta Shoota I call it my homemade name many a hangover it cured for Me and latterly offspring !!
    Its nice to be nice