Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kawooshhhhhh....

Default Kawooshhhhhh....

...Oh I just love the sound of the waves that break on the sea wall.... What a fantastic 15 minutes this morning!

I had to jump twice, but I didnt get a single drop on me or the gear :-)

love that last one Raven - glad you stayed dry

Hah,

Well caught, Dunnet Bay and Castlehill were much quieter!

Great shots Raven.......love No3

Cheers peeps! I couldnt make my mind up which one I liked best... thats why I posted so many :-)

Yep NL, Castlehill was disappointingly quiet this morning...

Great shots Raven,

Have you tried the one where the wave rolls right over the top of you giving you the opportunity to photograph the underneath? I have, but I haven't figured out how to stop everything including myself getting wet through, maybe a full wetsuit and an underwater camera housing would work!

nirofo.

Talking

nirofo, "You cannot be serious," or can you?

Quote Originally Posted by nirofo View Post
    Great shots Raven,

Have you tried the one where the wave rolls right over the top of you giving you the opportunity to photograph the underneath? I have, but I haven't figured out how to stop everything including myself getting wet through, maybe a full wetsuit and an underwater camera housing would work!

nirofo.
    Hm, I probably do not put that one on my "to do list" nirofo. BUT if its like this next time I would be more than happy to take a photo of you sitting close to the wall and taking a photo of the wave from underneath

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    nirofo, "You cannot be serious," or can you?

Hi LIZZ

Actually happened to me while photographing waves at Wick harbour lighthouse a few years ago, a friend, myself and our equipment were completely drenched. Good laugh later, although not at the time. We didn't manage a shot from under the wave on this occasion, we were too busy trying to survive; our equipment lived on also. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THIS CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS, YOU COULD EASILY BE WASHED INTO THE SEA.

nirofo.

Great shots Raven,

nirofo.
    I like these kind of shots, but they do require a wet suit and a decent underwater camera

And in case you're wondering - no I didn't take them! I found them on this website. http://magicseaweed.com/photoLab/bro....php?spotId=47 There's loads of local surf photos there, I think they're brilliant!

While these photo's are commendable, I think they could be classed as cheating! You're supposed to be on dry land and stand in one spot where the biggest breakers are coming right over you, if you move before you've got the photo it doesn't count, and you have to go and do it again. Is anybody keen to have a go at this, I am prepared to act as a sort of umpire to make sure it's done correctly and to take photo's for the record. Action replay shots to be shown on this thread only.

nirofo.

brilliant photo raven looks fun makes you know your living taking photos like these, love the surf photos ett23.

Good shots raven, i like them all

While these photo's are commendable, I think they could be classed as cheating! You're supposed to be on dry land and stand in one spot where the biggest breakers are coming right over you, if you move before you've got the photo it doesn't count, and you have to go and do it again. Is anybody keen to have a go at this, I am prepared to act as a sort of umpire to make sure it's done correctly and to take photo's for the record. Action replay shots to be shown on this thread only.

nirofo.
    I would be up for it nirofo, i don't mind getting wet, i have a floatation suit lol i just need to sort out a cover for the camera! you can hold the rope attached round my waist!

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post

I would be up for it nirofo, i don't mind getting wet, i have a floatation suit lol i just need to sort out a cover for the camera! you can hold the rope attached round my waist!

Lets wait until we have the next big blow up, (shouldn't have to wait long in Caithness) then we'll see if we can organise a field, (or should it be sea) trip. I'll gladly hold the rope, but I might have to let go to take action photo's.

nirofo.

well if you let go just make sure the end is tied somewhere sturdy lol i can swim but don't fancy a dip in the ocean during a blow lol

well if you let go just make sure the end is tied somewhere sturdy lol i can swim but don't fancy a dip in the ocean during a blow lol
    Maybe we can get Raven to hang onto the end while we get the best shot!

nirofo.

Tide is going to be higher tomorrow and higher still on Wednesday. Great pics!

Any chance of seeing the pics prior to tweeking as would love to see originals, thanks.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Could tie the rope to that old Frontera,should be enough of it where you work Tuggs.Mik.XX
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast